Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

chat  blog  florida  

CLOSED BLOG Florida Weather

+5
LargoFL
BillsfaninSoFla
sangria
JRnOldsmar
gomexwx
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Empty Re: CLOSED BLOG Florida Weather

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:38 pm

so..it seems like this Gulf Low will cross Florida a lil closer to Tampa bay,stay alert thru this evening folks...I never trust land falling Gulf LOWS..they always bring surprises huh...well only a light rain here by me so far..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Empty Re: CLOSED BLOG Florida Weather

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
157 PM EDT Mon Mar 13 2017

.AVIATION (18z TAFs)...
VFR conditions to prevail through mid to late afternoon
ahead of widespread showers and storms associated with a low
pressure system over the Gulf of Mexico. Winds will
gradually become south to southwesterly ahead of this system
later today. From 22z to 03z, expect one or two lines or
clusters of storms to move ashore from the Gulf, affecting
most terminals through 06Z Tues. Strong gusty winds and
significantly reduced visibilities will accompany any
stronger storms. A prolonged period of MVFR to IFR cigs
appears probable with the storms, and also behind a surging
cold front as winds become northwesterly. These conditions
will likely persist into at least the late morning hours
Tues.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Hey san, check out the latest HRRR. A ribbon of blue (lesser totals) right over your house. breakdance

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 IvrtLF5
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:51 pm

This system doesn't look too promising for the southern third of the peninsula. Billsfan may have some luck as the HRRR posted above has a couple pockets of heavier rain for coastal SE FL.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:00 pm

yeah Aug..nws Miami only gives her area a 40% chance thru tonight.........blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Image4
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:01 pm

well so far just a sprinkle or two,guess we wait for the LOW or the storm lines in front of it to get here for some better rainfall...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Largo, looks like you, san, and JR should get in some heavier rain in the next hour or two.

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 OQ5g2OC
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:12 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:Hey san, check out the latest HRRR.  A ribbon of blue (lesser totals) right over your house.  breakdance

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 IvrtLF5

You are mistaken my friend!  That blue is over northern Pinellas, and the purple is over Pasco!!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:13 pm

LargoFL wrote:yeah Aug..nws Miami only gives her area a 40% chance thru tonight.........blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Image4

Hey Largo, I'm just north of you up in coastal Pasco - New Port Richey
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:14 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:Largo, looks like you, san, and JR should get in some heavier rain in the next hour or two.

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 OQ5g2OC
yes I'm waiting for it..man the oak pollen here is covering everything,sure can use a Heavy prolonged rain whew.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:14 pm

OL(Orchid Lake - my sub) PWS up to a whoppin .01"
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:15 pm

sangria wrote:OL(Orchid Lake - my sub) PWS up to a whoppin .01"
LOL you have received more than me LOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:17 pm

luckily no severe warnings out so far...just hope no tornado's ..but being in the marginal risk zone you never know huh.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm

ok just got a quick shower,finally the street is wet guess its getting a bit closer now.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:26 pm

sangria wrote:
StAugustineFL wrote:Hey san, check out the latest HRRR.  A ribbon of blue (lesser totals) right over your house.  breakdance

You are mistaken my friend!  That blue is over northern Pinellas, and the purple is over Pasco!!

You may want to dust the soot off your goggles from gomey's team!  Here is a zoom.  But looks like you'll get more than what that map shows. #tollroad

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 DBJnkDX
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:29 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:
sangria wrote:

You may want to dust the soot off your goggles from gomey's team!  Here is a zoom.  But looks like you'll get more than what that map shows.

Whoo hoo! I'm in the pink! Just starting to measure now. 0.01.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:32 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:
sangria wrote:

You may want to dust the soot off your goggles from gomey's team!  Here is a zoom.  But looks like you'll get more than what that map shows.  #tollroad

That is NOT the same image that you posted!  I have to go grab it now!!!!

Well damn!!! I should have opened it bigger!!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:34 pm

And to make it worse, I'm not even in the blue! I'm in that strip of grey.... OF COURSE!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:38 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:

Whoo hoo!  I'm in the pink!  Just starting to measure now.  0.01.

Hey JR, how far inland are you?  I'm about a mile, so I usually get hosed with everything popping barely east of me.  Hence Aug's #tollroad mention
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:41 pm

NWS Melbourne.....................NOW...

...Increasing Shower and Storm Chances This Evening and Overnight
Across East Central Florida...

A weak low pressure area over the north-central Gulf of Mexico will
move east and across north Florida late tonight as moisture
increases out ahead of it. Numerous showers and scattered lightning
storms will develop across the east central Gulf and move onto the
west central Florida coast early this evening. This activity will
continue to spread east over the peninsula and across the I-4
corridor from mid to late evening...then areas further south and east
from late evening past midnight.

Some locally heavy downpours are likely...brief gusty winds up to
around 45 mph...small hail...and cloud to ground lightning. There
will be an isolated tornado threat with some of this activity from
near mid evening through around 1 AM. These showers and storms will
move across the intracoastal and near shore Atlantic waters posing
a hazard to boaters late tonight.

&&

Additional details...including graphics are available online at:
http://www.weather.gov/mlb/blog

$$

TES
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 pm

sangria wrote:
JRnOldsmar wrote:

Whoo hoo!  I'm in the pink!  Just starting to measure now.  0.01.

Hey JR, how far inland are you?  I'm about a mile, so I usually get hosed with everything popping barely east of me.  Hence Aug's #tollroad mention

Hey Sangria. I am literally at the tip-top of Tampa Bay. About 6 miles from the mainland coast; 10 miles from Honeymoon Island. I get the same treatment here. Seabreeze builds above my head, and then rains on someone east. It can be very frustrating.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:54 pm

sangria wrote:

JR is in Oldsmar.   Current radar looks good for decent totals.  Time will tell.

I have spent much more time here today than usual but hope everyone is enjoying their stay thus far.  Us "old timers" like to friendly rib one another from time to time so if you see some "smack talk" it's all in good fun.  Stick around long enough and you'll be included at some point.  No egos here.  Just a small group of folks who enjoy their weather and having fun.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:57 pm

DP's latest futurecast.....

Denis Philips Facebook Futurecast
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Bring on the blue!!  

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Sprrp17
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:16 pm

sangria wrote:Bring on the blue!!  

shiver Wednesday night. Looks like I have 3 nights to burn through a couple boxes of Duraflame logs.

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 ILXsiHs

Last edited by StAugustineFL on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:17 pm

19Z HRRR

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 1IFnqac
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:

shiver Wednesday night.

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 ILXsiHs

Fixed it for ya Twisted Evil
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:
sangria wrote:

JR is in Oldsmar.   Current radar looks good for decent totals.  Time will tell.

I have spent much more time here today than usual but hope everyone is enjoying their stay thus far.  Us "old timers" like to friendly rib one another from time to time so if you see some "smack talk" it's all in good fun.  Stick around long enough and you'll be included at some point.  No egos here.  Just a small group of folks who enjoy their weather and having fun.

Its all good, Aug.  You don't have to worry about me, except that I can dish it up as well.  Wink

Yup.  JR is n Oldsmar, and LargoFL is in Largo, FL.  I think I actually pinned my loc (at the park near my house) somewhere on this site.  I think we'll also see St.Pete.  Can you guess where he's from?  We might even see inTampa.  Hummm??

Just sprinkles here so far.  Can't wait for that batch of yellow to get here.  That will be a relief.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:57 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:
StAugustineFL wrote:
sangria wrote:

Its all good, Aug.  You don't have to worry about me, except that I can dish it up as well.  Wink

Yup.  JR is n Oldsmar, and LargoFL is in Largo, FL.  I think I actually pinned my loc (at the park near my house) somewhere on this site.  I think we'll also see St.Pete.  Can you guess where he's from?  We might even see inTampa.  Hummm??

Just sprinkles here so far.  Can't wait for that batch of yellow to get here.  That will be a relief.

Jump in whenever JR. The increased radar echoes are oh so close.

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Yw486eO
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Its breaking up a bit as it comes on-shore. Some might call this a light rain. Still sprinkling to me. Officially above a trace now. I'm not expecting too much too fast, so the longer this lasts, the better. Maybe that line coming thru around midnight (HRRR above) will provide a little punch overnight.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by SWFLWx Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Looks like a decent amount of energy headed towards Sarasota Co.:

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 WUNIDS_map?station=TBW&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=1

Hopefully this line becomes more productive as it crosses Lee Co., as we could certainly use the rain (and I'd love a nighttime light show too Smile )!
SWFLWx
SWFLWx

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:55 pm

I think I'll be sleeping happy tonight. Nice light steady rain.
How often do you get the chance to take a long walk in the rain, for the fun of it?
I think I'm hearing a few boomers off Pinellas.
0.4 so far, and its all soaking in.
Good luck SWFL. I know you need it more than me.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Tornado Warning Sarasota County.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Event: Tornado Warning
Alert: The National Weather Service in Ruskin has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Northwestern Sarasota County in west central Florida...

* Until 900 PM EDT

* At 808 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located 15 miles southwest of Gulf Gate Estates, or 18 miles
southwest of Sarasota, moving east at 35 mph.
HAZARD...Tornado and quarter size hail.
SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.
IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed.
Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree
damage is likely.

* This dangerous storm will be near...
Gulf Gate Estates and South Gate Ridge around 835 PM EDT.
Lake Sarasota around 840 PM EDT.
Myakka River State Park around 850 PM EDT.
Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include
Osprey, Gator Creek Estate, Hidden River, Vamo, Nokomis, Fruitville,
Laurel, Turtle Beach, Oscar Scherer State Park and Bee Ridge.
TORNADO...RADAR INDICATED
HAIL...1.00IN

Instructions: TAKE COVER NOW! Move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a mobile home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris.
Target Area:
Sarasota

JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Rain has picked up, but remains steady. Easily gonna get an inch.

Sarasota tornado is radar rotation currently off-shore. Holding together and heading into Sarasota. 5 mins to shoreline.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Hope anyone down in the Sarasota area doesn't see any damage. The radar presentation is pretty impressive.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm at .57" currently and the best has ended, so I'm not banking on a whole lot more. I'm actually surprised I hit that much.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:37 pm

sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Ok all you that got rain.....be sure to send me my 100 bucks and I don't mean these
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Deer-buck-photobucket
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by SWFLWx Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Current SPC MCD for Tampa Bay and SW FL:

blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Mcd0290

Seeing quite a few potential rotation signatures on some of these cells coming ashore from the Gulf.
SWFLWx
SWFLWx

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Looks like round 1 is done for my area. I got an inch of rain.
That's quite a line of rain tailing down pretty far south. This could be good for the entire peninsula. Fire season killer??? Praying for no serious damage.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:02 pm

gomexwx wrote:Ok all you that got rain.....be sure to send me my 100 bucks and I don't mean these
blog - CLOSED BLOG  Florida Weather - Page 4 Deer-buck-photobucket

You sure, Gomey? That 1 buck is worth more than $100.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:52 am

Good Early Tuesday Morning folks..whew what a storm here last night,and right now..winds are howling outside,woke me up lol...well I'm about 3-4 miles from the coast here..and man did it POUR rain llast night here..I really needed that rain,just walked my dogs and a lot of tree debris down on the street but rain looks like its ended.now we get the cool down for most of the rest of this week...hope everyone made it thru this ok especially Sarasota area with that Tornado....have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:59 am

BILLSFAN PLEASE let us know your ok down there.....this Warning from about 2-3 hours ago.........................BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Miami FL
127 AM EDT TUE MAR 14 2017

The National Weather Service in Miami has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
East central Broward County in southeastern Florida...

* Until 200 AM EDT

* At 126 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located over Plantation, moving northeast at 40 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed.
Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree
damage is likely.

* This dangerous storm will be near...
Fort Lauderdale, Melrose Park and Broadview Park around 130 AM
EDT.
Lauderhill, North Lauderdale, Lauderdale Lakes, Golden Heights,
St. George, Washington Park, Franklin Park, Village Park, Palm
Aire and Broadview-Pompano Park around 135 AM EDT.
Margate, Oakland Park, Wilton Manors, Lazy Lake and Twin Lakes
around 140 AM EDT.
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and Sea Ranch Lakes around 145 AM EDT.
Pompano Beach, Lighthouse Point and Hillsboro Beach around 150 AM
EDT.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include Fort
Lauderdale Beach, Broward Estates, Pompano Beach Airport, Boulevard
Gardens, West Ken-Lark, North Andrews Gardens, Roosevelt Gardens,
Terra Mar and Riverland Village.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW! Move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a mobile
home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and
protect yourself from flying debris.

Tornadoes are extremely difficult to see and confirm at night. Do not
wait to see or hear the tornado. TAKE COVER NOW!

&&

LAT...LON 2607 8029 2618 8033 2634 7996 2618 7989
TIME...MOT...LOC 0526Z 246DEG 33KT 2614 8027

TORNADO...RADAR INDICATED
HAIL...<.75IN

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:01 am

geez these gulf lows coming ashore here seem to always throw off tornado's..its whyi I watch them very closely, hope everyone is ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:27 am

I wonder if that Tornado by Billsfan Knocked out Power for those folks there...besides the tornado there was a real Nasty looking solid line of storms sweeping across SE Florida early this morning.hope everyone is ok there.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:29 am

well seems I got over a half inch or more of rain..it sure poured down hard here by me..wonderful..washed all that lousey pollen away I hope lol.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:45 am

yea I hear ya on the pollen,my black truck looks like a bumble bee. Its under a shed so the rain didn't wash it for me.
We have a freeze watch for tonight,If it freezes I think it will be the last until next Fall.
current conditions
temp:42.8
Humidity: 98%
Dew Point: 42
Barometer: 30.07 Digital,   30.11 analog
Wind NNW at 8mph gusting to 12
LCL : 1500ft
visibility 7 miles
Cloudy sky's
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:00 am

JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 am

JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next