Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

florida  blog  chat  

CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!)

+8
StormTrackerScott
StPeteFLwx
waterdipper
severstorm
JRnOldsmar
BillsfaninSoFla
sangria
StAugustineFL
12 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) Empty CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!)

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Largo, I saw your comment in the last asking for a new blog.  Here you go.  I'm not going to post images, etc..  Have at it in the comments.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) Empty Re: CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!)

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm

I had a shower earlier and even a few rumbles of thunder. .16" in the rain gauge. Not enough but I'll take it.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) Empty Re: CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!)

Post by sangria Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:01 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:I had a shower earlier and even a few rumbles of thunder.  .16" in the rain gauge.  Not enough but I'll take it.

About time you had a shower!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:04 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:

I'm still hoping you're right, Gomey.  Sangria, Largo and I are depending on it!

Doin' a little dance myself, cause yours doesn't seem to be working very well.  Even with Largo's drumbeats.  I think he skipped painting the driveway -- that could be the problem.

JR,
I'm carrying your comment over here, since Largo asked for a new blog.  :-)

I haven't seen a sprinkle, and didn't think I would....
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:42 pm

thanks for the new Blog Aug....do we have to delete the old one?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:14 pm

LargoFL wrote:thanks for the new Blog Aug....do we have to delete the old one?

It doesn't need to be deleted. Keep posting in yours until this system passes then maybe we can move over to this one tomorrow.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:48 pm

ok will do thanks Aug
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:24 pm

folks in northern florida especially inland..freeze watches are up for tonight. 3/14
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:18 am

blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) Lg_7day
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:36 pm

well looks like one more really cold night and morning then a warm up begins...I kinda like our Floridian 2 day winter don't you? lol
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 pm

I seemed to have corrected my issue and can find the site on my Kindle. Thanks Smile

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Good afternoon.  It's warmed to 58 and doesn't feel too bad outside since the winds are virtually calm here.  I'll cover the plants again tonight since the forecast low is 35.  Too close to freezing to take a chance if temps drop a tad more than forecast.

My March Madness bracket is perfect - granted only 2 games are final, lol.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 pm

All the reporting stations in the JAX CWA reported record lows this morning.

Gainesville beat their previous record low by 7 degrees. That's quite impressive.

blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) Xp1qpQg
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:07 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:I seemed to have corrected my issue and can find the site on my Kindle.  Thanks Smile
that's wonderful Billsfan!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:08 pm

it seems my internet explorer has issues posting here sometimes lol..but luckily not too much just every now and then
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm

LargoFL wrote:it seems my internet explorer has issues posting here sometimes lol..but luckily not too much just every now and then

I gave up on Internet Explorer years ago. Google Chrome is my browser of choice with Mozilla Firefox as plan B. There are other alternatives as well but I haven't tinkered around with them.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:25 pm

I can't see the quote option now.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi Billsfan!

I couldn't get my old tablet to turn on, so I couldn't play around with it. I do recall that there is a mobile view on the site when using android. I think there is an "old" classic mobile view and a newer one. Are you using the mobile view when you are on your Kindle?
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:02 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:I can't see the quote option now.  

I'm on my phone testing it and my "quote" and other buttons are viewable. I'm using the classic version
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks Sangria. Probably not. Since I'm not exactly sure what it is. I'm not very computer savvy

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm not sure what it looks like on your tablet, but if I go to the "home page," up in the top right I have the three little dots for settings - including the log in.  In that menu there is a "classic view."  Click on that and it will look like what you see on the computer.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Just a quick check on my google android tablet on chrome. Mobile version looks pretty slim. I got logged in, found the blog and comments, and the reply box. Which is where I am. And that's about it. If this doesn't post, I give. Tried on my laptop and the post got lost somehow (WU flashback - Wink )

Nice weekend coming folks. Enjoy.

JR
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:35 am

Good Early Friday Morning folks and I just want to wish everyone a Happy Saint Patricks Day!!!!!!! its very early Friday morning and its about 48 degree's and cold outside as I walked my dogs..but the warm up begins later today back up into the 70's again..yesss LOL..have a great day everyone!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 am

LargoFL wrote:Good Early Friday Morning folks and I just want to wish everyone a Happy Saint Patricks Day!!!!!!!   its very early Friday morning and its about 48 degree's and cold outside as I walked my dogs..but the warm up begins later today back up into the 70's again..yesss LOL..have a great day everyone!!!

Hi Largo and All, I had 35 degrees when I left for work at 5am. will check later to see if it got any lower. Have a great day all!!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:22 am

good morning John,yeah down to 45 here now by me...cold for sure..have a great day also.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:57 am

well after this artic HIGH moves away from the south,warmer temps coming thru this week until the next front comes..end of this month could be several fronts coming thru..too early to verify the model runs huh.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:00 am

Happy St. Patty's Day. Yesterday was great as my Gators won in the first round of the NCAAs! Go Gators! This AM was 32 at the house with some very light, patchy frost. Air is just too dry for much frost formation to occur. Most was in low spots and on raised surfaces like roofs. Looks like we are going back to our Chamber of Commerce weather starting today. Some of my plants that had already budded out look like the freeze knocked them back, but they should rebound quickly.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:02 am

waterdipper wrote:Happy St. Patty's Day. Yesterday was great as my Gators won in the first round of the NCAAs! Go Gators! This AM was 32 at the house with some very light, patchy frost. Air is just too dry for much frost formation to occur. Most was in low spots and on raised surfaces like roofs. Looks like we are going back to our Chamber of Commerce weather starting today. Some of my plants that had already budded out look like the freeze knocked them back, but they should rebound quickly.
Good Morning WD
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:09 am

a little warmer thru tonight and our warm up begins......................blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) Image14
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:56 am

chilly here this morning..39°
We are expecting a warm up today,south winds and temperatures in the 70s with lows tonight in the 50s.
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:50 am

Quiet in here this morning,could it mean Largo is 1/2 way through a new blog?
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:00 am

Hi everyone! Scott posted a new blog on WU but no one is there to read it.  Kind of sad, like a tree falling in the woods.

I linked the Central Florida Blog to here if there is anyone there.

Found out today that St. Pete holds the Guinness Book of Records on the most consecutive days of sunshine, 768, that ended on St. Patty's Day in 1969

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 am

gomexwx wrote:Quiet in here this morning,could it mean Largo is 1/2 way through a new blog?
no new blog for me,just busy in real life.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:26 am

StPeteFLwx wrote:Hi everyone! Scott posted a new blog on WU but no one is there to read it.  Kind of sad, like a tree falling in the woods.

I linked the Central Florida Blog to here if there is anyone there.

Found out today that St. Pete holds the Guinness Book of Records on the most consecutive days of sunshine, 768, that ended on St. Patty's Day in 1969
good morning st pete yes they should call it "sunny" saint Petersburg alright..yeah scott just wont abandon WU..maybe once his blogs are deleted he'll come over to us here.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:26 am

blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) 7co_temps
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am

LargoFL wrote:blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) 7co_temps
wel say goodbye to our 2 days of winter LOL..our warm up begins.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:41 pm

well took the dogs to the park..real nice in the sunshine area's still cool or cold in the shade,but overall day turned out real nice huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:47 pm

blog - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) Image1
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Afternoon all!

I bottomed out at 39 here this morning.

Waterdipper, I hope your plants survive! I have several Desert Roses that were already starting to bud out. I put them in the courtyard area to protect them the past couple of nights and so far they look okay. I probably won't know for a couple more days if they took a major hit.

What a beautiful week we have on tap for us!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:44 pm

sangria wrote:Afternoon all!

I bottomed out at 39 here this morning.  

Waterdipper, I hope your plants survive!  I have several Desert Roses that were already starting to bud out.  I put them in the courtyard area to protect them the past couple of nights and so far they look okay.  I probably won't know for a couple more days if they took a major hit.

What a beautiful week we have on tap for us!
yes indeed,and warmer too
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Ha!!!

How 'bout those thumbs?!?!?!?!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:14 pm

These folks are lucky there weren't any major injuries...

sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Good afternoon. Sigh - a never ending Friday. Started work at 6:30 and may need to work until 8pm.

Weather is beautiful. It dipped to 30 last night - 5 degrees cooler than forecast. I hacked back my Oleanders 3 weeks ago. They have several new chutes but got zapped from the freezes the last 2 nights. That'll set them back 2-3 weeks.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:45 pm

I got lucky. Done at 5:15 due to tech issues.

Time for dinner and college BB!

StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:47 pm

sangria wrote:Ha!!!

How 'bout those thumbs?!?!?!?!

Cool! Just checking in now, and those sure stood out, like......like, whatever.

Thank you, Sangria. Very Happy Laughing
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Just lost another comment.  Sad  Quoted Aug, then when I hit send, it say there was a Request Timeout.  (sometimes I'm a little slow though)
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Just FYI. It happened on the previous comment as well, but I was smart enough to go Back and it retained my comment, the Send worked.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:20 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:I got lucky.  Done at 5:15 due to tech issues.

Time for dinner and college BB!

Lucky for you, anyway, but those techs (like me) weren't so lucky. Wink

What a gorgeous day today. I worked from home and the moment it got to 65 I opened everything up, and the jasmine is blooming on both ends of the house. Nice. Smile (@Bills: Much better than corned beef and cabbage!)

I'm hoping that 2 nights breaking 40 will knock down the gnats a bit. They were getting REALLY bad.

Everyone be safe tonight.

P.S. Copied this to my clipboard, because I can never remember what I said!
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Dang, I love daylight savings time (and believe that it should be permanent). It's still gonna be light until around 8pm. Smile
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:49 pm

P.S. Copied this to my clipboard, because I can never remember what I said!

Oh man:)
I understand that!
oh and I also found out the" adventure of getting old" is finding out what breaks or quits next!!
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next