Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

florida  chat  blog  

CLOSED 1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw!

+5
waterdipper
LargoFL
PuppyToes
sangria
StAugustineFL
9 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 Empty Re: CLOSED 1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw!

Post by LargoFL Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

NWS Tampa................................
UPDATE...
Some jet stream cirrus will continue to spread across the Gulf of
Mexico and Florida peninsula today, but these clouds will
gradually shift south and thin out as the day progresses with
partly to mostly sunny skies across the region. Breezy northerly
winds will develop late this morning through the afternoon
making it feel a little cooler than the predicted highs in the
60s. Overall the current grids/zone forecast look ok and will only
update to tweak winds some to indicate the expected breezy
conditions.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 Empty Re: CLOSED 1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw!

Post by LargoFL Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 pm

yeah JR if this wind would die down, it would feel pretty good outside, took my dogs for an hour long walk today,with the wind it felt kinda cold but, my dogs loved it.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:17 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:
LargoFL wrote:well just about 9.30am and its down or up to 44 degrees but suns out now and if this breeze would stop it may warm up some.

Only got down to 48 here, and the moonset was spectacular.  Now up to 55.  Still some mid-high thin cloudiness.  Nice cool spell.

On the other end of the spectrum, beautiful moonrise underway here with a crystal clear sky. Nice way to end a 12 hour work day.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:48 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:
JRnOldsmar wrote:
LargoFL wrote:well just about 9.30am and its down or up to 44 degrees but suns out now and if this breeze would stop it may warm up some.

Only got down to 48 here, and the moonset was spectacular.  Now up to 55.  Still some mid-high thin cloudiness.  Nice cool spell.

On the other end of the spectrum, beautiful moonrise underway here with a crystal clear sky.  Nice way to end a 12 hour work day.

Agreed, Aug; though I think I only worked about 6 hours today. (minor home repairs) I was walking our causeway for moonrise and sunset. Very nice.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:32 am

Good Wednesday Morning folks!....just went outside and not a cloud in the sky overhead and a beautiful full moon up there...our "blue Moon" effect begins at 6.48 am and ends they say at 7.14am good luck to those who catch the show this morning
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:37 am

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
239 AM EST Wed Jan 31 2018

.SHORT TERM (Today - Thursday)...
Clear skies and light northeast winds over the Nature Coast
are producing a good radiational cooling setup, with
temperatures already near freezing as of 2 AM this morning.
Farther south, stronger northeast low level flow is keeping
the cooling in check, with temperatures still in the 40s.
Temperatures should continue to drop through sunrise,
providing a brief freeze over parts of the Nature Coast, and
possibly in a few isolated spots farther south over the
interior. Humidity is also high enough that patchy frost
will be possible across much of the Nature Coast.

Through the rest of today, surface high pressure will
continue to develop north of Florida, allowing winds to
subside. Dry conditions and mostly clear skies will allow
temperatures to rebound a bit from the cold start to the
morning, although afternoon highs are expected to top out a
couple degrees below normal. The surface high pressure will
shift east into the Atlantic through Thursday as an upper
level trough digs into the central US, supporting light east
winds. Temperatures will continue to warm up through
Thursday, with afternoon highs climbing to a few degrees
above normal.

.LONG TERM (Thursday Night - Tuesday)...
Upper blocking pattern keeps longwave trough over Eastern
North America that will amplify as shortwaves wrap through
the base of the trough through the extended forecast
period. Series of surface frontal systems to move through
the region and expect first mainly dry back door front
Friday with Canadian high pressure moving north of the
region as temps cool off slightly on Friday Night into
Saturday. Low level winds quickly veer easterly moderating
conditions late Saturday-Sunday morning, preventing any
significant cool down. Next Southern storm system to
organize Sunday and move through the Mid Atlantic states
Monday dragging cold front over the area with increased
instability and mean layer moisture to produce showers ahead
of and along the front Sunday afternoon-Sunday Night.
Another Canadian high pressure area to filter slightly
cooler and drier conditions into the area by mid week.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:39 am

well a lil over an hour to wait for the beginning of the Moon thing..kinda cold outside here..mid 40's they say but feels a lil colder than that out there..luckily there's no strong winds....well guess i'll make the Blogs Perked Coffee for when you  get here ..think i'll call it..our "Blue Moon special" LOL...grab a cup and enjoy!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:52 am

Nice frosty 30 this morning. I wanted to see the Super Blue Blood Moon, but I have too many trees blocking my view of the horizon. I should have gotten up early and drove in to Cedar Key at sat on the Number 4 bridge, but oh well. I saw video of it on TV and I got my required beauty sleep.
Looks like temps moderate to around normal the next several days.
With the Arctic outbreak coming into the northern plains and Midwest this weekend and several shots behind it, I think we will get our fair share cold snaps in February and even into March. I however don't think they will be as prolonged as what we saw in January. I would love to see one more hard freeze here before the winter is over, but that might be asking for too much.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 am

morning WD, yeah lets see what Febuary holds for us temp and storm wise.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 pm

warming up nicely here now 60 Degree's..glad the low 40's are out of here lol.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:48 pm

on the blue moon I saw a part of it before it sunk down and the tree's blocked it..guess i'd have to be down by Clearwater beach to see the whole episode..but it was a nice full moon for sure.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:42 am

Good Thursday Morning folks!..cool outside, around 50 degree's but supposed to be around 74 this afternoon..so a nice day ahead for us......have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:27 am

Good morning. A cool 38 here this morning, but it is going to warm up fast and get up to a gorgeous 73 today! Looks like tomorrow and Saturday are going to be nice as well, but Sunday has a good chance of rainfall. I am currently forecast for around a half an inch, so we will see how much we get. Temps behind the front don't look that different, but I do see the long range models are trending cooler for the second week of Feb.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:41 am

waterdipper wrote:Good morning. A cool 38 here this morning, but it is going to warm up fast and get up to a gorgeous 73 today! Looks like tomorrow and Saturday are going to be nice as well, but Sunday has a good chance of rainfall. I am currently forecast for around a half an inch, so we will see how much we get. Temps behind the front don't look that different, but I do see the long range models are trending cooler for the second week of Feb.
Hi WD, yeah it was cold this morning but up to 61 here by me right now..feels great outside! have a great day ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Area Forecast Discussion
930 AM EST Thu Feb 1 2018

.UPDATE...
The latest surface observations and visible satellite imagery are
showing clear skies across west central and southwest Florida this
morning. Temperatures are a little cool this morning, but hit right
on average for February 1st for morning lows. Under sunny skies,
temps will warm up nicely today topping out in the low to mid 70`s
region wide. Current forecast looks good with no changes
needed.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 pm

hmmm interesting Headline.......................[size=48]2018 will be another busy hurricane season, UK-based experts predict[/size]
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:12 pm

gee what we around here don't need this coming season is another Irma huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:28 pm

St Pete...when is that RACE down there?...should be soon no?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 am

Good Friday Morning folks and TGIF!!...well mid 50's here by me this early morning and not as cold as yesterday morning thank goodness lol...looks like we have a few nice days ahead until rain chances go up again they think sunday..we'll see.....well have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:26 am

Aug you may have the best shot at rain sunday .some models now take the gulf low into the panhandle and not big bend but the rain should reach your area..good luck if this verifies.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:27 am

gee Billsfan's area must be dealing with some other weather, she has a 20-30% chance of rain all the way thru Thursday...good luck down there billsfan!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:34 am

LargoFL wrote:St Pete...when is that RACE down there?...should be soon no?
oh ok...grand prix isn't until 3/11..just the tickets going on sale now.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:38 am

some say  Phil saw his shadow..6 more weeks of winter LOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:37 am

Morning All,
Been under the weather for the whole week glad to be back on my feet again.
If you haven't gotten the flu yet your lucky. Going around where I work like wildflowers.
Just stopped by to say HI!!!! Very Happy
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:00 pm

severstorm wrote:Morning All,
If you haven't gotten the flu yet your lucky. Going around where I work like wildflowers.
Just stopped by to say  HI!!!! Very Happy
John Z-hills
aww sorry to hear that john,take good care of yourself,they are saying this flu..is a killer and a bad one..already killed about 30 kids...well have a good weekend John.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:05 pm

LargoFL wrote:some say  Phil saw his shadow..6 more weeks of winter LOL

... and you should certainly pay attention to that!! I heard on the news that he has a 39% accuracy rate.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Just stopped by to say  HI!!!! Very Happy
John Z-hills

Glad to see you made it through that, John. Luckily, where I work, folks can choose (or are ran off) to work from home when they're sick. So far, no flu here (knock on wood), but my wife seems to have started catching something yesterday, so we shall see...
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:20 pm

LOl careful JR..Phil is taking down names and looking hungerly at your lawn LOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:48 pm

just read on CBS news..now 53 children across the country have died from this FLU..and record breaking numbers of hospitalizations with this FLU...gee this one is bad.....we got the Flu shots months ago..so far so good here.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:53 pm

and then..i read THIS headline.................[size=50]Flu vaccine less than 20 percent effective against H3N2 strain, researchers say[/size]
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Hope you heal well soon John.

I've never been a proponent of getting the flu shot. Read years ago it weakens the immune system and actually makes one more susceptible to getting it - although a milder strain. (Knock on wood) I've not had it in 20-25 years and never had a shot. The cynic in me thinks Big Pharm pushes to keep the money train rolling.

Weather has been pleasant here. I'm looking forward to beginning Feb on a good note with the rains on Sunday. Not expecting much but half an inch would do.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:09 pm

I've not read any articles Largo but headlines are just that - headlines. Something to grab the readers attention (click bait). The article (if like most others) probably contradicts the title.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:37 am

Good Saturday morning folks!!..nice day ahead then tomorrow it looks like rain chances are pretty good,well right now is real cool outside..mid 50's I think it is...dogs are loving these cooler morning walks...........well have a wonderful day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:44 am

Morning All,
Thanks for the wishes.
Something really different about this flu. Dose'nt come on slow it just pounds you right away. You get sore or very tired and then your done. Nitquil didn't touch it. I had to call Doc and they gave me something called Tamaflu.
Also I will take the rain sunday.
Have a great day!!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks for the wishes.
Something really different about this flu. Dose'nt come on slow it just pounds you right away. You get sore or very tired and then your done. Nitquil didn't touch it. I had to call Doc and they gave me something called Tamaflu.
Also I will take the rain sunday.
Have a great day!!!
John Z-hills
thanks for the Info John..yes hopefully we do get the rain tomorrow sometime..get some rest and heal ok...oh..how did the Tamaflu work?..any better?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:36 pm

good luck Billsfan...nws Miami for fort Lauderdale area..........This Afternoon: A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Northeast wind 11 to 13 mph.

Tonight: A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:39 pm

florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 27654561_10155891242062367_8395426971908872375_n
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:41 pm

LOL@mikes weather site
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:20 pm

LOL Largo. I think that is a stupid, corny tradition. It's only early February, of course there's six more weeks of winter. I'm surprised the PETA people don't step in and say it's animal cruelty.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:23 pm

We got some rain starting last night, some overnight and this morning. Much appreciated!
Nice temps, but brisk wind making it chilly. But I love it. May and heat and humidity will be here soon

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Sorry to hear you got the crud John. Glad you're better.
I've been taking Emergencee (like Airborne) daily. Plus trying to be very careful to avoid people as much as possible. Not being anti social, but being very cautious of touching door knobs etc... Not sure if it is helping but putting Neosporin under my nose. LOL can't hurt!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:52 pm

I don't believe in getting the flu shot either. I think it's propaganda, but some people really believe in it. Everyone is different. I've heard that this year it is only 10 percent effective. Not sure why so many children are dying? Are they not getting help fast enough ? Or is that strain fatal no matter what?

I

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:46 am

Area Forecast Discussion
314 AM EST Sun Feb 4 2018

.SHORT TERM (Today-Monday)...
Active weather today into tonight with shortwave energy over the
NW Gulf this morning moving eastward through the day then over
the FL Peninsula by tonight. Complex Gulf Coast surface system
developing now and further organizes through the day as the
surface low moves through the Deep South and attendant cold
front and pre frontal convection moves into the Big Bend late
this morning, then over C FL this afternoon/eve, then SW FL
tonight.

Highest POPs over the Nature Coast tapering off further south.
Mainly shower event areawide with a few elevated thunderstorms
due to limited instability. Rainfall totals expected from a
little over an inch over the Nature Coast, 1/2 - 1 inch in
C FL and lower amounts in SW FL. Moisture pooling and cold
shelf waters will allow sea fog to develop and move ashore
as winds veer SW ahead front as well. Entire system to move
SE and exit the area later this evening and tonight with
showers ending with fropa.

High pressure, slightly cooler and drier benign weather Monday.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:48 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:We got some rain starting last night, some overnight and this morning.  Much appreciated!
Nice temps, but brisk wind making it chilly.  But I love it.  May and heat and humidity will be here soon
oh great news there Billsfan, we up here sure could use the rain today whew dry here,glad the temps are lower..we'll see what happens today with this front coming.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:49 am

Good Sunday Morning folks!...well they are saying rain here this afternoon,sure could use some..very dry here by me...well have a wonderful day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:06 am

Morning.  Looks like this system may be a little more robust for the area than forecast a couple of days ago from approximately I4 northward.  Rain totals are now in the .5 - 1" range with over 1" near the nature coast.

florida - CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 8 V39XtbA
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:00 am

morning Aug, yes todays NWS Tampa discussion is more robust too 80% chance........................................NWS Tampa....Sun Feb 4 2018

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

...FOG IMPACT...
Patchy fog is expected across much of the land area this morning
and again later tonight. Visibilities will frequently be
reduced... perhaps to less than one quarter mile. If
driving...slow down...use your low beam headlights...and leave
plenty of distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.

Patchy to areas of sea fog is expected to form later today and
continue overnight on the coastal waters. Mariners should be
prepared for reduced visibilities on the local waters

...THUNDERSTORM IMPACT...
Isolated thunderstorms along with showers will begin moving into
the Nature Coast this morning...spread across central Florida
during the afternoon...then into southwest Florida for the
evening. The storms will end during the evening as the showers
continue. Thunderstorms that develop will be capable of producing
strong gusty winds...locally heavy rains...and frequent deadly
lightning strikes.

LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:01 am

well folks, if you have anything to do outside..this morning is the time to do it huh.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 pm

well overcast and windy here by me now..and on radar it looks like some heavy rains etc coming in from the gulf..good Luck up there WD..i should be getting the tail end of them in awhile..getting closer now to Pinellas. a lot of yellow in those storms..could be some heavy rains..hope no damaging winds with them.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:30 pm

some spots are reporting 50mph winds in this front hope no higher gusts huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next