Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

chat  florida  blog  

CLOSED Last Hurrah for March?

+6
severstorm
BillsfaninSoFla
StAugustineFL
JRnOldsmar
StPeteFLwx
sangria
10 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 Empty Re: CLOSED Last Hurrah for March?

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:30 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Largo!!!!!!!   So good to see you. We've been worried sick about you.  
HIYA Billsfan,thanks,i never knew how lonely life could be without the internet lol gee im really glad you folks kept the blog going,this is the best blog for sure,man i sure missed it. hope you getting good weather done there.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:34 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:Welcome Back, Largo.  I hope you get everything worked out with your new computer.  You have been greatly missearound here, but the coffee's brewing for you now.
HIYA JR..THANKS..and thanks for the coffee lol...well i have more learning to do on this new puter..i'll be back tomorrow for sure..take care.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:50 pm

WELLWELLWELL
Who's the new person. LOL
WELCOME BACK largo!!!!!!

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Welcome back Largo! Yeah, we've been keeping the lights on although at times they get dim, lol

Had .62" of rain last night. On point with what Jax forecast but less than the HRRR. No complaints. It's a raw, breezy, drizzly day today. Only 60. A far cry from yesterdays low 80's. Back to the 70's tomorrow.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:John and Aug- you both seem to long hours, so I understand you're preference to DST.  I do enjoy seem live TV programs and dreading the thought  of 8:00 pm show or event , it will be 9:00 pm here.  We should not be a different time than the rest of the east coast . IMO

Billsfan,
This is why I like this blog so much. You can say how you feel and no one gets mad.
Understand your point of view but I don't see a lot of tv. always WORKING I am.
John Z-hills

Last edited by severstorm on Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:59 pm

Welcome back Largo, glad you got past the log in issues!

I'm with Bills on the time thing... It already sucks with some late college games, sporting events will be the biggest issue with network broadcasting. They won't change the game times because of poor little stoopid Florida!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 pm

sangria wrote:Welcome back Largo, glad you got past the log in issues!

I'm with Bills on the time thing... It already sucks with some late college games, sporting events will be the biggest issue with network broadcasting.   They won't change the game times because of poor little stoopid Florida!

IF this passes, I'm curious of the following scenario.......

NFL games begin at 1pm and 4:15pm or thereabouts on Sundays. Would they begin at 2pm "Florida time" or 1pm "Florida time"? Same with the late game - 5:15pm or 4:15pm? This is under the premise the games are being played/televised in Jax, Tampa, or Miami. This wouldn't apply to the first half of the season since we'd be in the same time zone before DST ends in November.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm sure games wouldn't start until 5:15 FT (Florida time) to start at 4:15 on the east coast and 1:15 on West coast I couldn't
see any our our Florida teams having a Sunday/Monday night games.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Yeah John, I definitely see your point.  My hubby and I  are lucky enough to get off at  3:00/3:30 in the afternoon so it's not an issue for us, plus if you gathered, we're HUGE sports fans so it will affect us tremendously with regards to our viewing.

Last edited by BillsfaninSoFla on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:15 pm

And yes, we need the rain badly!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 pm

And how will it (time change) affect outdoor workers who start at 7:00 am? Both of our companies start that early.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:10 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Yeah John, I definitely see your point.  My hubby and I  are lucky enough to get at  3:00/3:30 in the afternoon so it's not an issue for us, plus if you gathered, we're HUGE sports fans so it will affect us tremendously with regards to our viewing.

Morning All,
Billsfan I see your end of all this and yes I am a big baseball and nascar and of course college basketball. You all make great points which I guess we will see how they work it out. My daughter and her soon to be husband work for a yard service. When the time changes they adjust there work times. This could get interesting to see how this plays out.
Nice out this am had 57 and a slight shower yesterday. enough to wet the ground.
Have a great day all!! Very Happy Very Happy
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:33 am

Good morning FOLKS!!..LOOKS TO BE A nice day ahead for my area..low 80's later this afternoon and there's a breeze outside,if I remember right,the seasonal time change was created so farmers could have more daylight to do their important work creating our food supply...today it could be...things have changed, i doubt farmers dont hook up their plows to their mules to plow the fields?...perhaps returning TIME Back to where it once was..is a good thing so our bodies could get used to it once again..who knows...Largo looking around the Blog for the coffee...ahh there it is..thank you!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:02 am

Very breezy here today, they said 20-25 mph with gusts to 30! Not a good hair day. Laughing

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:02 am

How's your new computer Largo?

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:56 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:How's your new computer Largo?
hi Billsfan, i like it,I just have to learn some things that are different than on the old puter,and this CHROME is different too.well dogs want their walk..have a great day ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:36 pm

well the dogs loved the park walk today,a nice breeze and mild temps,a perfect day to romp around, play ball etc....ok ok I liked it too LOL,still no rain by me, local met is hinting at a 30-40% chance for friday..well see how this plays out, still very dry here for sure....how it it in Your area?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Glad you're getting used to your new computer Largo. I love Chrome as my browser! It uses very little memory. The big drawback is the data it collects from your browsing - they sell all of that info to other companies and make a fortune off of it. They aren't the only one though, all of the browser companies do that.

FYI largo, the bill that passed for the time change makes daylight savings time permanent (if US Congress approves it). We won't go back to the old standard time, but will always have that "hour ahead" time.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Has anyone seen this?  I just happened to run across it on a Twitter post

http://weathergroup.com/newsroom/2018/03/22/byron-allen-s-entertainment-studios-acquires-weather-channel

" March 22, 2018  Entertainment Studios, Inc., (www.es.tv) one of the largest independent producers and distributors of film and television, with 41 shows on the air, and owner of eight 24-hour HD cable television networks reaching nearly 160 million aggregate subscribers nationwide, proudly announces its acquisition of the WEATHER GROUP, parent company of THE WEATHER CHANNEL television network and LOCAL NOW streaming service.  Allen purchased the WEATHER GROUP through his company, Allen Media LLC, from The Blackstone Group, Bain Capital, and Comcast/NBCUniversal."
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Interesting San!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:38 pm

So if they do pass this time change and find out its a total disaster, we're stuck with it no matter what? That's pretty dumb. But that's the government lol.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:20 pm

severstorm wrote:
BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Yeah John, I definitely see your point.  My hubby and I  are lucky enough to get at  3:00/3:30 in the afternoon so it's not an issue for us, plus if you gathered, we're HUGE sports fans so it will affect us tremendously with regards to our viewing.

Morning All,
Billsfan I see your end of all this and yes I am a big baseball and nascar and of course college basketball. You all make great points which I guess we will see how they work it out. My daughter and her soon to be husband work for a yard service. When the time changes they adjust there work times. This could get interesting to see how this plays out.
Nice out this am had 57 and a slight shower yesterday. enough to wet the ground.
Have a great day all!! Very Happy Very Happy
John Z-hills

Ah, that's sweet music there John.  Baseball is my #1.  I played in college.  To the casual observer it's boring with all the idle time but there's a gazillion things going on!  To quote the late/great Yogi Berra, "Baseball is 90% mental.  The other half is physical."

Can't wait til opening day later this week.  Now you've got me thinking of my baseball card collection and some other memorabilia I have.  The one I treasure most is my Ted Williams autographed 8x11 frame with pic and career stats.  I think I have at least one manufacturer complete set of baseball cards dating back to 1983.  Different companies past and present including Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score, Upper Deck, Leaf and who knows what else.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 pm

I love baseball too, but the Marlins management has soured me to them and I stopped watching baseball last year .Sad

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Same thing happens with my beloved KC Royals bills. Aside from all the politics/management issues I focus on the purity of the game itself. Maybe watch the MLB network? Some good shows and such on there.

On a weather note, .13" of drizzle/light rain added up yesterday. Sunny and 70's today. Looks like the state is going to be heating up quick. It's that time of year........
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:42 pm

sangria wrote:Has anyone seen this?  I just happened to run across it on a Twitter post

http://weathergroup.com/newsroom/2018/03/22/byron-allen-s-entertainment-studios-acquires-weather-channel

" March 22, 2018  Entertainment Studios, Inc., (www.es.tv) one of the largest independent producers and distributors of film and television, with 41 shows on the air, and owner of eight 24-hour HD cable television networks reaching nearly 160 million aggregate subscribers nationwide, proudly announces its acquisition of the WEATHER GROUP, parent company of THE WEATHER CHANNEL television network and LOCAL NOW streaming service.  Allen purchased the WEATHER GROUP through his company, Allen Media LLC, from The Blackstone Group, Bain Capital, and Comcast/NBCUniversal."

Hmmm, I suspect that may raise a stink in certain corners of the internet........ Smile
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 am

CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 Image14
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:58 am

good Wednesday Morning Folks!!..it looks like another nice day ahead..towards Friday the moisture might be rising and im hoping friday or saturday to get a sprinkle or two of rain..really dry here for sure..when does florida's rainy season begin?...........well im up early this morning, so im perking the blogs coffee for you, grap a cup and enjoy...have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:04 am

sangria wrote:Glad you're getting used to your new computer Largo.  I love Chrome as my browser!  It uses very little memory.  The big drawback is the data it collects from your browsing - they sell all of that info to other companies and make a fortune off of it.   They aren't the only one though, all of the browser companies do that.

FYI largo, the bill that passed for the time change makes daylight savings time permanent (if US Congress approves it).  We won't go back to the old standard time, but will always have that "hour ahead" time.
thanks San...yes if congress approves it...im guessing once we stay on one time..our bodies and work routines will get used to it and wont have that "lost hour" concerns anymore every time they used to make the change.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 am

Panhandle folks,your area has a 70% chance for rain Thursday night and Friday..good luck ok!! gee sure wish that would be down here but local met is saying just a possible shower or 2 gee. oh well my turn will come some day. all my flowering bushes and plants are starting to wake up and have new growth,hoping it doesnt get too warm before the rains come...dunno AUG if this reaches your area op there.i'll get the hang of this in awhile lol

Last edited by LargoFL on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:19 am

Good to see you here this morning, Largo.

This DST thing could get pretty ugly. FL is asking for DST all year round; ME, NH, and MA are looking to move to the Atlantic timezone and drop DST (same effect as FL); and NV asked for DST year round in 2015 and hasn't gotten it. Looks like pressure is building for change, and some are also looking just to drop DST entirely. This might be setting up a showdown between retail, tourism, corporate services -vs- agriculture, construction, and non-corporate services. We might need a chart to keep up with each state (or even county in some instances) when this is all said and done, and we have 10 different time scenarios to work with on a daily basis. Wink My company is definitely national and I have contacts every day with folks in varying time zones.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:48 am

Welcome back Largo!

Looks like Rubio's DST bill is stalled in senate waiting for a co-sponsor.

Not a good time to get anything passed I guess.

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:55 am

StPeteFLwx wrote:Welcome back Largo!

AGREED!!!!

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:20 pm

hiya St Pete,Thanks, really glad to be back!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:21 pm

severstorm wrote:

AGREED!!!!
hiya Severe,,glad to be back for sure
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:22 pm

CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 7co_winds
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:32 pm

folks..........is Good Friday a company Holiday where you work or did work?...I Know it was in my last job, and thru my work history,some companies had it a paid day off..and a few didnt...guess it depends with whom you work for huh..always liked the 3day long weekend myself...used to take my kids Easter Egg hunting..man they loved that LOL,well it looks like a real nice Easter,weather wise this year here..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:23 pm

LargoFL wrote:folks..........is Good Friday a company Holiday where you work or did work?...I Know it was in my last job, and thru my work history,some companies had it a paid day off..and a few didnt...guess it depends with whom you work for huh..always liked the 3day long weekend myself...used to take my kids Easter Egg hunting..man they loved that LOL,well it looks like a real nice Easter,weather wise this year here..

No, it's not a paid day off, though back in the day when my MIL was still alive, we'd take a vacation day and take the kids over to her and my FIL's house in Englewood. Usually the Buffalo crowd was on Spring Break, and maybe the Atlanta relatives too, so we'd have a big family get together. Now everyone is grown, dispersed etc... so we don't do that. We will likely get off early on Friday.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:29 pm

They say maybe a chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday. Pretty please!!!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:57 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:They say maybe a chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday.   Pretty please!!!
yes looks like most of us could use rain huh Billsfan
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:57 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:
LargoFL wrote:folks..........is Good Friday a company Holiday where you work or did work?...I Know it was in my last job, and thru my work history,some companies had it a paid day off..and a few didnt...guess it depends with whom you work for huh..always liked the 3day long weekend myself...used to take my kids Easter Egg hunting..man they loved that LOL,well it looks like a real nice Easter,weather wise this year here..

No, it's not a paid day off, though back in the day when my MIL was still alive, we'd take a vacation day and take the kids over to her and my FIL's house in Englewood.  Usually the Buffalo crowd was on Spring Break, and maybe the Atlanta relatives too, so we'd have a big family get together.  Now everyone is grown, dispersed etc... so we don't do that.  We will likely get off early on Friday.  
yeah same here, all grown and living elsewhere gee.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Gosh, I don't think I've ever worked for a company where Good Friday was a holiday. It's always treated like any other day.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:57 pm

sangria wrote:Gosh, I don't think I've ever worked for a company where Good Friday was a holiday.  It's always treated like any other day.  
yesh some companies,combined it with Easter,hence a 3 day weekend if i remember right
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:58 pm

CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 Lg_7day
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:59 pm

well it looks like friday is my best rain chance,it looks like the COLD is gone for now here
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Same here san. Never a day off for Easter weekend in my 20 years but an early release is possible. That's ok though as I get paid 10 holidays or floating holidays if they happen to fall on a weekend.

You're making my head hurt JR. My customers/vendors are also in multiple time zones. Seems if I had a mix up with the time I'd be an hour early to X activity versus late. Better than the alternative I suppose.

StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Yep Largo, fire up the spring heat! It was a very good run overall with temps here since November (minus the Feb heat). Even then it was without the summer dewpoints so while warm it was comfortable.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi Largo.... Not where I work is good Friday a holiday.
Shrimp don't take a holiday! LOL
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Checked Jax. 70% chance Friday, 60% Friday evening. Time will tell. While on Jax they posted this. I've been a member for 5 years.

2 observations about the hail stone pic........ 1) not sure why they measured middle of the ruler and 2) that stone looks like Patrick from SpongeBob.

CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 KjmwdAP

CLOSED Last Hurrah for March? - Page 6 EfmvMox
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:17 pm

LOL on Patrick Aug!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:54 pm

I want to wash and put away hubby's light sweatshirt and heavier work jacket for work, he said No, every time you say that it cools down again .I'll keep asking Smile

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next