Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

chat  blog  florida  

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states

+5
sangria
severstorm
waterdipper
StAugustineFL
StPeteFLwx
9 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states Empty CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states

Post by LargoFL Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Welcome folks to our new weather blog
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states Empty Re: CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states

Post by LargoFL Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm

well the sprinkling rains have stopped here by me and suns back out but the heavier rains are from ablot Pasco county northward, hugging the gulf coast
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states Empty Re: CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states

Post by LargoFL Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:13 pm

I just read this on ABC news Tampa's website...now you Younger folks take this a bit seriously ok.........A new report by the Union of Concerned Scientists says over the next 30 years 64,000 homes in Florida will be at risk for chronic flooding — worse than any other state. They say the Tampa Bay area stands out as one of the most highly exposed cities.................my guess this is from global warming and sea level rise..its a good idea to pay attention to your homes'' feet above sea level''..especially if..your thinking of Buying a new home in the future.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:54 pm

well i just checked my homes elevation and according to my city my home is 28 feet above sea level, and im wondering now  would this supposed sea level rise affect MY home?..i had thought i was 50 feet above..guess i was wrong...........it might be to your best advantage now..to check and see what your homes elevation is? huh..i just checked my counties flood zone map and none of the flooding even comes close to me........maybe they will make one some day that shows flood zones for sea level rise here.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Nice outflow boundaries over Hillsborough county this afternoon.  Missed me yesterday, probably get it today
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states WUNIDS_map?station=TBW&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=0

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Here it comes
CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states Snapshot

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:24 pm

That's a classic signature there St Pete. I love seeing outflow and/or seabreeze boundaries like that and wait in anticipation for the storms to erupt near/along them.

Read the end of the last blog - how much do I water my lawn? As little as possible - I've probably only watered half a dozen times over the past year. Overwatering subjects the lawn to disease along with having a shallow, unhealthy root system among other things. The lawn can't build up a tolerance to a prolonged dry spell if watered a few times a week.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:34 pm

I was oblivious to the weather today. The forecast from yesterday called for ZERO chance of rain. Skies darkened so I checked the radar. Heavy cells to my immediate north and west with flood advisories. They are collapsing now. I won't get anything but it was a pleasant surprise with the soothing rumbles of thunder, cloud cover/cooler temps, and the smell of rain in the air.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:That's a classic signature there St Pete.  I love seeing outflow and/or seabreeze boundaries like that and wait in anticipation for the storms to erupt near/along them.

Read the end of the last blog - how much do I water my lawn?  As little as possible - I've probably only watered half a dozen times over the past year.  Overwatering subjects the lawn to disease along with having a shallow, unhealthy root system among other things.  The lawn can't build up a tolerance to a prolonged dry spell if watered a few times a week.

I don’t have St. Augustine grass so I only water once a week, grass is fine. My neighbor does and waters every... single... day... The mosquitoes are terrible. In the “winter” I grow rye, have to mow a lot but it doesn’t require a lot of watering.

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:30 am

NWS Tampa...444 AM EDT Wed Jun 20 2018

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

...THUNDERSTORM IMPACT...
Isolated to scattered thunderstorms will develop this afternoon
with the best chance of rain across the nature coast. The
strongest thunderstorms will be capable of producing heavy rain,
frequent lightning, and brief gusty winds.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday.

Scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop each afternoon,
gradually dissipating during the evening hours. A few storms may
produce locally heavy rain, frequent cloud to ground lightning,
and damaging wind gusts.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$

Oglesby
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:32 am

NWS Miami...341 AM EDT Wed Jun 20 2018

...Isolated Thunderstorms for most of South Florida this Afternoon...

This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Thunderstorms: Isolated thunderstorms are possible over most of South
Florida today. The main hazard with any activity is lightning.

Waterspouts: There is a slight chance of waterspouts across South
Florida waters with any showers or thunderstorms that form.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY

Isolated to scattered thunderstorms are forecast each day, with the
highest coverage during afternoons and evenings. The primary threat
will be lightning, although gusty wind and locally heavy rain are
also possible.

The heat index is forecast to be near or over 105 in portions of
South Florida this weekend through the beginning of next week.

Spotter activation will not be needed tonight.

For more information...visit the National Weather Service in Miami
website at www.weather.gov/miami.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:36 am

Good Wednesday Morning folks! well if you liked the weather yesterday, it seems and we have another one just like it,and folks on the nature coast might get some more rain....still dont see anything tropical bothering us on the over night model runs..thats good huh...well have a great day folks!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:48 am

IF..you SEE this Caterpillar..do NOT touch it.....................................................................CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states 0619_BN9_pergola_caterpillar_02?hei=300
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:15 am

What a light show this AM. Strong T-storms have been training down the coast since around 4:30 this AM and the lighting/thunder has been just about non-stop. Heavy rain was just to the west of me at the house, but picked up over 3" so far at work in Cedar Key. This is much needed rainfall in Cedar Key as it has been very dry here the entire month of June.
I am happy the rainfall so far has eluded me at the house this AM as I got 1.10" yesterday, bringing my monthly total to 4.25". Hope others can cash in later today.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 am

waterdipper wrote:What a light show this AM.  Strong T-storms have been training down the coast since around 4:30 this AM and the lighting/thunder has been just about non-stop. Heavy rain was just to the west of me at the house, but picked up over 3" so far at work in Cedar Key. This is much needed rainfall in Cedar Key as it has been very dry here the entire month of June.
I am happy the rainfall so far has eluded me at the house this AM as I got 1.10" yesterday, bringing my monthly total to 4.25". Hope others can cash in later today.
congrats WD on getting the rainfall up there...it seems a replay for today's forecast as well
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 am

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states Image13
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:15 am

waterdipper wrote:What a light show this AM.  Strong T-storms have been training down the coast since around 4:30 this AM and the lighting/thunder has been just about non-stop. Heavy rain was just to the west of me at the house, but picked up over 3" so far at work in Cedar Key. This is much needed rainfall in Cedar Key as it has been very dry here the entire month of June.

Morning All,
Waterdipper I could see the light show from my house this am. I have not received any rain since last Friday. All's good, I have 2.97 in the bucket for the month so far.
Thinking the rain gets turned on today and tomorrow for my area. Lets see!!
Have a great day!!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:43 am

severstorm wrote:

Morning All,
 Waterdipper I could see the light show from my house this am. I have not received any rain since last Friday. All's good, I have 2.97 in the bucket for the month so far.
Thinking the rain gets turned on today and tomorrow for my area. Lets see!!
Have a great day!!!
John Z-hills
good morning John, good luck on the rain today!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:45 am

these gulf storms seem to be sinking down our gulf coast side of the state................CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states 1529495401
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:41 am

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states C_xm5
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:15 am

Flood Advisory
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Area Ruskin FL
1100 AM EDT WED JUN 20 2018

FLC103-201600-
/O.NEW.KTBW.FA.Y.0016.180620T1500Z-180620T1600Z/
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Pinellas FL-
1100 AM EDT WED JUN 20 2018

The National Weather Service in Ruskin has issued a

* Flood Advisory for...
Southeastern Pinellas County in west central Florida...

* Until noon EDT.

* At 1059 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area.
Up to two inches of rain has already fallen.

* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Saint Petersburg, Downtown Saint Petersburg, St. Petersburg, St.
Pete Beach, West And East Lealman, Tierra Verde, Gulfport, Kenneth
City, South Pasadena, Albert Whitted Airport, Tropicana Field,
Venetian Isles, Lealman, Vinoy Park, Lake Maggiore, Boyd Hill
Nature Preserve, Crescent Lake, Pinellas Point and Snell Isle.

Additional rainfall of 1 to 2 inches will be possible over the area.
This additional rain will result in minor flooding.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

&&

LAT...LON 2783 8259 2771 8261 2769 8274 2782 8273

$$

TBW
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:16 am

it looks like Your in the money rain wise this morning ST PETE..congrats..............................................CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states 1529506202
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Short Term Forecast
National Weather Service Melbourne FL
1144 AM EDT Wed Jun 20 2018

AMZ550-552-555-570-572-575-FLZ041-044>047-053-054-058-059-064-141-
144-147-201845-
Flagler Beach to Volusia-Brevard County Line 0-20 nm-Volusia-
Brevard County Line to Sebastian Inlet 0-20 nm-
Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter Inlet 0-20 nm-Flagler Beach to Volusia-
Brevard County Line 20-60 nm-Volusia-
Brevard County Line to Sebastian Inlet 20-60 nm-
Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter Inlet 20-60 nm-Inland Volusia County-
Northern Lake County-Orange-Seminole-Southern Brevard County-
Osceola-Indian River-Okeechobee-St. Lucie-Martin-
Coastal Volusia County-Southern Lake County-
Northern Brevard County-
1144 AM EDT Wed Jun 20 2018

.NOW...
Showers and storms will begin to develop along an old outflow
boundary early this afternoon from northwest Volusia county south
into Lake and western Orange counties. Brief heavy rain is
possible along with cloud to ground lightning, as the activity
moves northeast at 15 mph. Additional new showers and storms will
develop further to the south during the afternoon.

It will be another hot day across the interior of east central
Florida. Highs will range from the upper 80s to around 90 degrees
along the coast, to the lower 90s inland, with a few spots
approaching 95 degrees late in the afternoon. Heat index values
will approach 100 over the interior.

$$

$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Good afternoon. Looks like a warm day tomorrow. Snip from Jax: High dewpoints will lead to heat indices of 102-110F, and a Heat Advisory may be needed for portions of
the region on Thursday
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Hey WD.... glad you racked in the rain this morning! It did train down the coast UNTIL it got to me...lol. I listened to thunder a long time this morning, but nada in the rain department.

sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 am

NWS Tampa...446 AM EDT Thu Jun 21 2018

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

Scattered to numerous mainly afternoon thunderstorms are
expected. Thunderstorms that develop will be capable of producing
strong gusty winds...locally heavy rain...and frequent deadly
lightning strikes.

...BEACH IMPACTS...
Red tide respiratory irritation will be possible along Sarasota
county beaches through today.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Friday through Wednesday.

Scattered to numerous mainly afternoon and evening thunderstorms
are expected each day. The best chance of rain through the weekend
will be over the interior. Thunderstorms will be capable of
producing strong gusty winds...locally heavy rains... and frequent
deadly lightning strikes.

Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$

Oglesby
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:16 am

Good Thursday Morning folks!!..it looks like a slightly better chance for some rain later today, I can surely use some..congrats again to those who DID get the rain yesterday!!...well blogs Coffee-Tea-Cocoa will be ready when you get here...grab a cup before heading out to work etc...have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:47 am

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states Fl_rain_today
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:52 am

NWS Miami.............Thu Jun 21 2018

...Thunderstorms Likely Today...

This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Thunderstorms: Thunderstorms are forecast for much of South Florida
today, especially along the sea/lake breezes and in the interior
areas. The main hazards are lightning and strong, gusty wind.

Wind: Thunderstorm wind gusts of 40 to 50 miles per hour are possible
across South Florida today, mainly in the afternoon and evening hours.

Waterspouts: There is a slight chance of waterspouts across the
South Florida waters with any showers or thunderstorms that form.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY

Isolated to scattered thunderstorms are forecast each day with the
highest coverage during afternoons and evenings. The primary threat
will be lightning, although gusty wind and locally heavy rain are
also possible.

Spotter activation will not be needed tonight.

For more information...visit the National Weather Service in Miami
website at www.weather.gov/miami.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:12 am

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states 1529582521
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:32 am

Good mornng all. Extremely humid here today. My windows were all fogged up when I got up this AM and when I walked outside to go to work it felt like walking into a sauna. Storms have really started firing in the Gulf and the rumble, rumble has already begun. Rain looks like it is staying over the water for now, but hopefully will build inland. My secretary who lives a mile away from me hasn't had any significant rainfall in 10 days so I hope she gets some today. Anyway, I don't see any changes in the pattern coming up so rainfall chances should stay high for all for the foreseeable future.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 am

waterdipper wrote:Good mornng all. Extremely humid here today. My windows were all fogged up when I got up this AM and when I walked outside to go to work it felt like walking into a sauna. Storms have really started firing in the Gulf and the rumble, rumble has already begun. Rain looks like it is staying over the water for now, but hopefully will build inland. My secretary who lives a mile away from me hasn't had any significant rainfall in 10 days so I hope she gets some today. Anyway, I don't see any changes in the pattern coming up so rainfall chances should stay high for all for the foreseeable future.
good morning WD, yes a Sauna down here also...local tv met is saying our gulf side storms should really begin 11-12 oclock this morning then they slide eastward
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:48 am

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states 1529588641
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 am

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Mobile AL
557 AM CDT Thu Jun 21 2018

ALZ051>060-261>266-FLZ201>206-MSZ067-075-076-078-079-221100-
Choctaw-Washington-Clarke-Wilcox-Monroe-Conecuh-Butler-Crenshaw-
Escambia-Covington-Mobile Inland-Baldwin Inland-Mobile Central-
Baldwin Central-Mobile Coastal-Baldwin Coastal-Escambia Inland-
Escambia Coastal-Santa Rosa Inland-Santa Rosa Coastal-
Okaloosa Inland-Okaloosa Coastal-Wayne-Perry-Greene-Stone-George-
557 AM CDT Thu Jun 21 2018

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for south central Alabama,
southwest Alabama, northwest Florida and southeast Mississippi.

There is a moderate risk of rip currents along the Alabama and
northwest Florida panhandle today and tonight.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Friday through Wednesday.

A few strong to marginally severe thunderstorms will be possible
across locations generally north of the Highway 84 corridor in
interior southeast Mississippi and southwest Alabama Friday
afternoon and evening. Strong to locally damaging wind gusts,
frequent lightning and locally heavy rainfall will be possible with
the strongest storms that develop.

A moderate risk of rip currents will continue along the Alabama and
northwest Florida panhandle beaches through the weekend.

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:42 am

It has been dark and rumbly here at work all morning and finally the skies have opened up and it is absolutely pouring. Looking at the radar it is missing the house inland, but this line is traning from Cedar Key down the coast to Citrus County and dumping some good amounts of rain. Radar estimate from Crystal River is already over 2".

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 pm

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states 7_county
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:15 pm

you be extra careful up there WD..stay safe ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 pm

severe storm warnings over in the Orlando area etc..stay alert and safe folks.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Special Weather Statement
1142 AM EDT THU JUN 21 2018

FLZ041-045-046-141-147-211645-
Coastal Volusia FL-Northern Brevard County FL-Orange FL-Seminole FL-
Inland Volusia FL-
1142 AM EDT THU JUN 21 2018

...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SEMINOLE...NORTHWESTERN
BREVARD...SOUTHERN ORANGE AND SOUTHEASTERN VOLUSIA COUNTIES UNTIL
1245 PM EDT...

At 1141 AM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm over
Osteen, or near Deltona, moving east southeast at 10 mph.

Winds in excess of 40 mph will be possible with this storm.

Locations impacted include...
Orlando, Deltona, Sanford, Altamonte Springs and Oviedo.

Torrential rainfall is also occurring with this storm, and may lead
to localized flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded
roadways.

Frequent cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this storm.
Lightning can strike 10 miles away from a thunderstorm. Seek a safe
shelter inside a building or vehicle.

&&

LAT...LON 2895 8087 2837 8089 2847 8152 2904 8116
TIME...MOT...LOC 1541Z 300DEG 5KT 2886 8117

$$

Johnson
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:19 pm

hort Term Forecast
National Weather Service Miami FL
1208 PM EDT Thu Jun 21 2018

AMZ610-FLZ063-066-069-070-075-GMZ656-657-676-211830-
Lake Okeechobee-Glades-Hendry-Coastal Collier-Inland Collier-
Mainland Monroe-
Coastal waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL out 20 NM-
Coastal waters from East Cape Sable to Chokoloskee FL out 20 NM-
Waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM-
Including the cities of Palmdale, Moore Haven, Clewiston,
LaBelle, Big Cypress Seminole Reservation, Naples, Immokalee,
and Flamingo
1208 PM EDT Thu Jun 21 2018

.NOW...
Showers and thunderstorms are beginning to develop over Southwest
Florida this afternoon. Locally heavy rain, dangerous cloud-to-
ground lightning, and gusty winds to 30 mph can be expected
through 230 PM EDT with these showers and thunderstorms.

Heat index values are reaching above 100 degrees this afternoon.
Stay hydrated, wear light, loose-fitting clothes, and take cooling
breaks this afternoon.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:20 pm

AMZ550-552-570-211900-
/O.NEW.KMLB.MA.W.0106.180621T1603Z-180621T1900Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
Special Marine Warning
1203 PM EDT THU JUN 21 2018

The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a

* Special Marine Warning for...
Flagler Beach to Volusia-Brevard County Line 0-20 nm...
Flagler Beach to Volusia-Brevard County Line 20-60 nm...
Volusia-Brevard County Line to Sebastian Inlet 0-20 nm...

* Until 300 PM EDT.

* At 1202 PM EDT, strong thunderstorms were located along a line
extending from Edgewater to near Mims to 18 nm west of Canaveral
Groves, moving east at 5 to 10 knots. Additional storms will
develop over the mainland and push off of the Volusia and Brevard
coasts this afternoon.

HAZARD...Wind gusts 34 knots or greater.

SOURCE...Radar.

IMPACT...Expect wind gusts in excess of 34 knots...suddenly higher
waves...lightning and heavy downpours. Make sure all on
board are wearing life jackets. Return to safe harbor if
possible.

* Locations impacted include...
Port Saint John, Turtle Mound, Bethune Beach, Lagrange and Mims.

Move to safe harbor immediately as gusty winds and high waves are
expected.

Thunderstorms can produce sudden waterspouts. Waterspouts can easily
overturn boats and create locally hazardous seas. Seek safe harbor
immediately. Small hail may be produced by some stronger storms this
afternoon.

&&

LAT...LON 2945 8113 2948 8072 2873 8028 2840 8020
2823 8026 2789 8010 2783 8051 2805 8064
2865 8085 2881 8089 2884 8085 2938 8113
TIME...MOT...LOC 1602Z 265DEG 10KT 2896 8093 2869 8089 2832 8116

HAIL...0.00IN
WIND...>34KTS

$$

Sedlock
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm

well not a drop by me here so far..good luck to those who did...and some of those storms were pretty strong, hope no one got any damage etc.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Special Weather Statement
146 PM EDT THU JUN 21 2018

FLZ047-053-054-211845-
Southern Brevard County FL-Osceola FL-Indian River FL-
146 PM EDT THU JUN 21 2018

...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR NORTHWESTERN INDIAN RIVER...
SOUTHERN BREVARD AND SOUTHEASTERN OSCEOLA COUNTIES UNTIL 245 PM
EDT...

At 145 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking strong thunderstorms along
a line extending from Cocoa Beach to 10 miles northwest of Lake
Kissimmee. Movement was southeast at 15 mph.

Winds in excess of 40 mph will be possible with these storms.

Locations impacted include...
Palm Bay, Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach and Malabar.

Torrential rainfall is also occurring with these storms, and may lead
to localized flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded
roadways.

Frequent cloud to ground lightning is occurring with these storms.
Lightning can strike 10 miles away from a thunderstorm. Seek a safe
shelter inside a building or vehicle.

&&

LAT...LON 2765 8113 2771 8115 2773 8117 2774 8116
2782 8121 2784 8123 2786 8130 2792 8131
2794 8135 2795 8134 2800 8139 2834 8057
2813 8054 2798 8047 2790 8045
TIME...MOT...LOC 1745Z 310DEG 58KT 2832 8062 2801 8140

$$

Johnson
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Flood Advisory
152 PM EDT THU JUN 21 2018

FLC127-212045-
/O.NEW.KMLB.FA.Y.0059.180621T1752Z-180621T2045Z/
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Volusia FL-
152 PM EDT THU JUN 21 2018

The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a

* Flood Advisory for...
Northeastern Volusia County in east central Florida...

* Until 445 PM EDT.

* At 152 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area.
Up to two inches of rain have already fallen with an additional 1
to 2 inches possible.

* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Daytona Beach, Port Orange, Ormond Beach, New Smyrna Beach and
South Daytona.

Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

&&

LAT...LON 2943 8109 2909 8091 2905 8104 2924 8116
2927 8116 2927 8115 2928 8115 2941 8116
2941 8115 2942 8115 2943 8111 2942 8111

$$

Smith
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states Image15
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:07 pm

CLOSED Florida/Alabama weather and Tropical weather affecting our states Radar_flanim
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Damn WD, you need to share!!!

I'm still sitting at .7" for the month. .62" on the 6th and .08" on the 17th
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 pm

We got a very brief rain today. And dang it is HOT . Not unusual for June, but we were spoiled with so much rain and clouds the past month.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:05 pm

I don't say this often but WOW, what a storm today. I'm not one to hype a thunderstorm but the one today had some umph to it. Not sure if there was a weak EF0 tornado or a wet microburst but I had some of the roofing materials atop my roof blow off. Saw a few trees snapped in the neighborhood along with downed power poles towards the entrance of my sub. I got knocked off the grid for 7 hours. Deluge for an hour with non-stop lightning/thunder and that period of wicked winds - whatever the source was. Rain gauge has 3.2"
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:14 am

StAugustineFL wrote:I don't say this often but WOW, what a storm today.  I'm not one to hype a thunderstorm but the one today had some umph to it.  Not sure if there was a weak EF0 tornado or a wet microburst but I had some of the roofing materials atop my roof blow off.  Saw a few trees snapped in the neighborhood along with downed power poles towards the entrance of my sub.  I got knocked off the grid for 7 hours.  Deluge for an hour with non-stop lightning/thunder and that period of wicked winds - whatever the source was.  Rain gauge has 3.2"
wow im glad Your ok Aug..that must have been on Bad storm by you whew.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next