Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

chat  florida  blog  

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER

+4
JRnOldsmar
StPeteFLwx
severstorm
LargoFL
8 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Empty Re: FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:05 am

Morning. Fog seems to be the theme of the morning Largo. It's quite foggy up here too. Aside from bills area, the entire state is under a dense fog advisory.

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 16W0Tdp
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Empty Re: FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:06 am

Good Foggy Sunday morning folks!! well the new year 2019 is fast approaching. and this year I think we stay Home and watch the fun and fireworks on TV..my dogs hate the booming fireworks and i'll be here holding them and comforting them till it stops i guess..around here the fireworks go on endlessly grrrr LOL...well drive safely if your going out this morning ok..FOG is Thick already here...well have a great day everyone!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:06 pm

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Gfs_mslp_uv850_us_21
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:10 pm

Knot
Unit of speed
DescriptionThe knot is a unit of speed equal to one nautical mile per hour, exactly 1.852 km/h. The ISO standard symbol for the knot is kn. Wikipedia
Unit system: meteorology; aviation; maritime
Unit of: speed
1 kn in: is equal to
Mph: 1.15078
Km/h: 1.852
Symbol: kn or kt
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:07 pm

gee the sunshine sure was HOT here today, hopefully we will get a cool down this weekend
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:05 pm

Sea fog developed yesterday afternoon and heavy fog this morning in Jax. Then an absolutely beautiful, but toasty for 12/30, day. No doubt that the visiting NC and Aggie teams/fans enjoyed a CoC day today!

Missing you, Bills. I hope that all is well with you.

Back home tomorrow -- pit stop in Sanford to meet my daughter at the dog track --- before they're all gone --- her first (only?) time.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:26 am

JR have a safe drive home, yes i miss Billsfan also, hope all is well where she is too..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:26 am

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
319 AM EST Mon Dec 31 2018

.DISCUSSION...
Patchy to locally dense fog will continue to develop this
morning, especially across the Nature Coast and parts of
Polk county. However, light winds have precluded a
significant widespread fog event like we experienced Sunday
morning... Strong ridging (characterized by 500mb height of
594 dam) remains in place across the Bahamas with warm and
moist south to southeast flow keeping our temperatures well
above average. This afternoon, the aforementioned ridge
will keep any rain well away from our area. Temperatures,
however, will be in the low/mid 80s and upper 70s across the
Nature Coast and it will stay muggy through the overnight
hours. Some patchy fog is possible after midnight into the
early morning of New Years so please use extra caution when
driving home after the festivities. With winds veering more
out of the south and dewpoint gradient increasing along the
coast, the development of some sea fog will remain
possible, especially across the northern waters. Our weather
pattern will hold into Thursday and it will remain warm,
dry, and humid to start the first few days of 2019.

A cutoff low will move through the Tennessee Valley on Friday and
drag a surface front through our area. This front will bring the
chance for showers and and a few elevated thunderstorms -
especially across the Nature Coast. Behind the front,
northwest winds will usher in colder and drier air into the
upcoming weekend with high temperatures returning back to the
mid 60s - low 70s.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:30 am

Good Monday morning folks and happy new years eve!!!..another HOT day ahead and as you see in the post above a weather change comes here this weekend for us..back into the 60's for high temps..whew we will surely feel that after a week of 80's huh...well have a great day and tonight enjoy the BOOMS and parties etc  and remember..dont drink and drive ok be safe have a wonderful day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 am

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Image3
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:59 am

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Gem_mslp_uv850_us_18
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:00 am

this coming Friday might get interesting storm wise..we'll see what unfolds.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi guys! Sorry to pull a disappearing act, but I came down with a nasty, nasty bug late last week. Started Thursday night, and against my better judgment, due to the stress of this new job, I went to work on Friday. Totally miserable, and in 72 degree temps I got thru the workday, came home and crashed until the next morning. (Except bathroom breaks and my best friend NyQuil) Hubby and I ran two errands and back to bed for me for the rest of Saturday. Come Sunday, my chest began to feel very congested, and I thought, uh oh, so started on Mucinex and made sure to sit upright all day Needless to say, I called out of work this morning (my direct supervisor didn’t respond to my text that was sent over an hour before my start time) and was able to get into doctor this morning and no surprise to find out both ears, sinus are infected plus slight chest congestion. On megadoses of Amoxicillin and steroid pack and OTC if needed. Mucinex makes my heart race, so no more of that.
So thanks for all the updates.
I for one am hopeful 2019 is better!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:30 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Hi guys!   Sorry to pull a disappearing act,  but I came down with a nasty, nasty bug late last week.  Started Thursday night, and against my better judgment, due to the stress of this new job, I went to work on Friday.   Totally miserable,  and in 72 degree temps I got thru the workday,  came home and crashed until the next morning.  (Except bathroom breaks and my best friend NyQuil)  Hubby and I ran two errands and back to bed for me for the rest of Saturday.  Come Sunday, my chest began to feel very congested, and I thought, uh oh, so started on Mucinex and made sure to sit upright all day Needless to say, I called out of work this morning (my direct supervisor didn’t respond to my text that was sent over an hour before my start time)  and  was able to get into doctor this morning and no surprise to find out both ears, sinus are infected plus slight chest congestion. On megadoses of Amoxicillin and steroid pack and OTC if needed.  Mucinex makes my heart race, so no more of that.  
So thanks for all the updates.  
I for one am hopeful 2019 is better!  
oh wow , im so sorry to hear that Billsfan..but waiting a few days more might have put you in the hospital huh..it will probably take some time to mend so get plenty of rest ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:33 pm

Light It Up! NYE Fireworks on Clearwater Beach
NYE fireworks clearwater beach
Monday, December 31, 2018
This is a New Year's Eve celebration that's boomin' and bright! Sink your toes into the white sand of Clearwater Beach and be awestruck as fireworks are set off over the sparkling Gulf of Mexico at the stroke of midnight. A free event hosted by the Clearwater Beach Chamber of Commerce.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:35 pm

i usually.. IF I CAN STAY AWAKE) watch the ball drop in NYC times square LOL...does anyone else ??
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:59 pm

Largo I won’t make it this year I don’t think. I haven’t missed one for decades. Just because I’m a night owl lol.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:41 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Largo I won’t make it this year I don’t think.   I haven’t missed one for decades.  Just because I’m a night owl lol.  
I was there for many years..freezing my butt off many timers but..the excitement runs thru the crowds as that ball drops ..oh boy..i miss that,,
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:00 pm

yes lets stay a lil more alert starting Thursday but mostly Friday.................FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Lg_whats_ahead
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:23 am

Morning all and Happy New Year!

Hope you feel better soon bills.  I had a bit of something myself but not as bad as yours!

No midnight for me but I made it to a little after 11 watching college football.  I don't get out on NYE.  I'm too "old" (lol) and don't have much tolerance for the many sloppy drunks out and about nor do I want to put myself at risk if I had a couple drinks.  Really no reason to stay awake just for the sake of staying awake with just me and the pooch.  If a neighbor were having a small get together I may have stopped over but a few folks a couple blocks away shoot off fireworks and the dog gets all wound up. I couldn't leave her alone when she's stressed.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:29 am

Looks like Levi's site is down. He had a note on his page yesterday about potential expected delays due to a server migration. Guess something didn't go according to plan and took the whole site down! Pivotal Weather is a great site too. It is working fine.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:06 am

Good Tuesday Morning folks and Happy New Year!!...yeah Aug, I didnt stay up either..my eyes closed around 10 pm..dogs huddled close to me as we slept on the sofa LOL..my wife laughed but left us there lol..yeah levi's site is down..guess this happens sometimes...well another HOT day but Friday a Change IS coming..front knocking us down 15-20 degree's along with rain but hopefully no bad winds huh..have a great day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:22 am

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Melbourne FL
330 AM EST Wed Jan 2 2019

FLZ041-044-141-021400-
Inland Volusia County-Northern Lake County-Coastal Volusia County-
330 AM EST Wed Jan 2 2019

...Locally Dense Fog has formed over northern Lake and Volusia
Counties...

At 315 AM, surface observations and satellite imagery showed an
area of dense fog had developed across northeastern Lake and
northern Volusia Counties. The area extended from around Sorrento,
Deland and Lake Helen along I-4 to the greater Daytona Beach area
and north to Lake George, Ormond and Flagler Beaches. Locations
such as Deland were reporting visibilities of around 400 yards or
a little less.

Dense fog is expected to continue across northern Lake and
Volusia Counties through around 900 AM. Persons driving in this
area along Interstate 4, U.S. Highways 17 and 92, and State Roads
11, 15, 40 and 44 should prepare to encounter rapid changes and
reductions in visibilities from dense fog.

When driving in dense fog, reduce your speed, use only your low
beam headlights, and leave plenty of distance between your vehicle
and the one in front of you.

$$

Cristaldi
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:26 am

Good Wednesday Morning Folks!!..another Hot dry day ahead around here..with some counties north of my area will have some FOG once again this morning..be safe driving ok....Friday still looks to have good rain chances around here finally..well have a great day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:21 am

Hope you're healing, Bills. My Mom got a bad cold after Christmas and it took her out for 4 days.

The last time I saw the ball drop was 2000. Went to a neighbor's party.

Went on a long midday bike ride yesterday and forgot to take along a cap. Got a decent sun burn on New Year's Day. Wink

Received over 15 inches of rain in December, but nothing since the 24th. There is still standing water around and higher that normal water levels in swampy areas.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Ouch JR i know how that sun burn hurts...hope you heal fast ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:45 pm

well im listening to the TV mets about fri-sat and the coming cool front..i hope i get at least a shower of rain from it here by me.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Happy New Year too all. My family and I had a great Holiday season. Weather has been spectacular for outdoor activities except for the daily sea fog that has been hampering us with the warm weather. With the beautiful weather here lately, I wonder if we are going to pay the price for this down the road.

I just had a chance to add up my YTD rainfall total and I had 71.5" officially in my rain gauge. That is the highest total I have recorded in the 12 years I have been recording it, surpassing the 65.8" in 2016.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Good evening.  I stumbled upon this a day or two ago.  Seems quite consistent with WD's annual report.  I also had my wettest year with 64.32" but only have 7 years worth of data.   A few of my higher totals from previous years were attributed to tropical storms or hurricanes.  Not a one this year impacted me.  Quite a large area in the central/western panhandle with 80-100" with a  couple areas ending up north of 100".  That's alot of rain!

Edit:  either right-click the image and click on "open in new tab" or click the link.

2018 CONUS Rainfall

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 4G6nSkj
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:18 am

nice find there AUG..Thanks
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:21 am

Aug....watch this cool front up there, you and jenny and maybe even WD might get a bit more than the rest if us for it,,hopefully not too much bad wind for you folks up on northern Florida thur-fri-sat,,stay safe ok!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:21 am

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 1546509481
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:26 am

NWS TAMPA.........(clipped)....
.SHORT TERM (Today through Friday)...
Today...Another warm and mainly rain-free day in the
forecast under the influence of stacked atmospheric ridging
for one more day. Sunshine today will be filtered by passing
high clouds...but this should not prevent most locations
from reaching the lower 80s for temps this afternoon. Middle
80s may be common south of I-4. High resolution guidance is
suggesting low level wind profiles due to the strong
terrestrial heating may become convergent enough Hardee, De
Soto, Highland, and eastern Polk counties to support a few
late day showers. This isn`t out of the question, but am
doubtful that the updrafts would be able to overcome the
already in place subsidence inversion above
5KFT...especially since all guidance is showing the strength
of this feature holding steady through the time of peak
heating. I could not find a sounding profile with any models that
was able to get break this inversion...and therefore did not
put much emphasis on this potential in the forecast
(PoP <= 20%).

Tonight...Southerly flow ahead of our approaching Friday
system will keep our temperatures quite warm and muggy or
January. There may be a bit too much wind for land based fog
formation...although its close. Of more concern will be the
potential for areas of sea-fog developing and pushing
onshore as higher dewpoint air advects northward. The
conditions for sea-fog are also very border-line as we have
warmed the SST temps over the past several days. However,
will need to be monitored closely...especially from Manatee
County northward.

Not much has changed in forecast philosophy for the system
on Friday from previous forecast packages. The greatest
combined synoptic support should still pass a bit to our
north...but this system is deep enough...and many guidance
members are hinting at subtle shortwave rounding the base of
the large closed low at a very favorable time to support a
solid swath of rain reaching the Tampa Bay/I-4 corridor and
northward. Synoptic lift ahead of this shortwave combined
with rather deep thermal circulations associated with
coupled lower/mid-level frontogenesis is showing healthy
upward motions down to around Sarasota. These vertical
motions then rapidly decline as the front travels south and
east from there during the evening hours.

Taking all of this in account...expecting ongoing
rain/storms over the NE Gulf of Mexico to spread into the
Nature Coast to the north of Tampa Bay area during the
morning/midday hours....and then shift southeast into Tampa
Bay region during afternoon/early evening hours.
Thereafter...conditions become rapidly less favorable to
support and organized band of rain as the whole area pushes
down the Suncoast and into the interior zones Friday
evening. General rainfall amounts by the time the front
passes looks to be 0.50-1.0" far northern areas...to
0.25-0.50" through Tampa Bay area...decreasing to 0.10 or
less down toward Fort Myers and northeast to Sebring.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:30 am

Good Thursday Morning Folks!! another warm day ahead for us then the change in temps etc begins tomorrow..enjoy...have a wonderful day everyone
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 am

yes even the Nam model is saying there just Might be some wind with this front..stay tuned ok....FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Namconus_mslp_uv850_us_39
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:46 am

wow tomorrow NWS Tampa says an 80% chance for rain!!..thats great, just hope no bad winds.........FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Image17
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 am

WD you have 90-100% chances for rain...good luck up there ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:51 am

Billsfan's area looks to be in with rain showers Saturday,,hope your feeling better down there!!...FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Noaad3
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:44 pm

storm Squall line heading to the atlantic and Jacksonville area thru this afternoon??.....................FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 1546534201
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 pm

FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 Image19
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Good afternoon. Jax tied a record high today reaching 81. I'd much rather that than tying the record low of 19. The front coming tomorrow seems to lack the umph from the last 2-3 in December. I'm hoping to get a half inch of rain since it may be mostly dry for the next 2 weeks once this little system moves through.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:28 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Good afternoon.  Jax tied a record high today reaching 81.  I'd much rather that than tying the record low of 19.  The front coming tomorrow seems to lack the umph from the last 2-3 in December.  I'm hoping to get a half inch of rain since it may be mostly dry for the next 2 weeks once this little system moves through.
yes hopefully dowm here by me also wishing for some good rain too but we'll see...the main energy LOW is heading Northward away from us.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:30 am

Good Friday Morning Folks..Fog is already Building up here in My area but temps arent colder yet but thats coming..good by 80's for awhile huh....well drive safely and have a great day..TGIF!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:13 am

Morning All,
I'm back from my trip to Pa. Had a great time with the family. Got to see some snow flurries on x-mas eve and on x-mas day. Nothing to much but it was nice. Temps were around 35 in the day and 20-25 at night.
Coming to work this am the fog was thick in Z-hills and I had heavy drizzle coming into Tampa. Looks like we should see some rain out of this front.
Well have a great day!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:53 am

Welcome back to the warmer temps, John.

We lost A/C this week (happy new year!). Getting it replaced on Monday. This morning should have been the warmest (69). I guess the old truck needs to make it another year . Sad

Hoping to get 1/2 an inch out of today.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 am

severstorm wrote:Morning All,
I'm back from my trip to Pa. Had a great time with the family. Got to see some snow flurries on x-mas eve and on x-mas day. Nothing to much but it was nice. Temps were around 35 in the day and 20-25 at night.
Coming to work this am the fog was thick in Z-hills and I had heavy drizzle coming into Tampa. Looks like we should see some rain out of this front.
Well have a great day!!
John Z-hills
hiya John welcome back..yes we just may get some rain.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:34 am

AUG..stay ALERT just in case THIS Bad storm line makes it over to you wow....................................FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER - Page 17 1546611121
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:35 am

WD that storm line just may..make it to you and maybe me too later today-tonight
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:37 am

915 AM EST Fri Jan 4 2019

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

.THUNDERSTORM IMPACT...
A band of showers and a few lightning storms will move eastward
across the northern Florida peninsula this afternoon and reach
areas west and near the Interstate 4 corridor during the late
afternoon hours. A few storms may contain locally heavy downpours,
cloud to ground lightning strikes and gusty winds to 30 to 40
mph.

.WIND AND SEA IMPACT...
West to southwest winds will increase to between 20 and 25 knots
over the offshore waters of east central Florida. This will cause
seas to build to 5 to 6 feet by late tonight, causing hazardous
conditions for operators of small craft.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.
Poor to hazardous boating conditions will lingering into early
Saturday.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...
Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$

Volkmer/Cristaldi
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:39 am

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
800 AM EST Fri Jan 4 2019

.UPDATE...
Increasing southerly low level flow has mixed most fog out
this morning with low stratus remaining so will cancel dense
fog advisories for the area at 8am. Thin pre-frontal line
of showers and isolated thunderstorms currently over 100
miles W of Cedar Key slowly moving eastward. Guidance holds
line together to keep high rain chances through the Nature
Coast into the Tampa Bay area later today into this evening
then weakening as it moves over southern zones this evening
and tonight.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next