Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

blog  chat  florida  

Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather

5 posters

:: Welcome

Go down

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather Empty Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather

Post by Admin Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather.......

As a guest, you have access to view all of the blogs, but as a member, you will be able to post comments, and you will have access to the "Live Chat Box" area. This is where a great deal of discussion takes place!!!

Membership is free! As a guest, you will view ads on your pages, but as a member, you will not view any ads!!

Take a look around the place, and check out all of the different auto updating maps. Don't forget to visit our Links and Radar pages.......You can get to additional imagery from the links page. There are also some resource pages located there. We will be adding more links, as we move forward. Don't forget to check on the ChaserTV link, if you like to "chase" with the storm chasers!!!

The Radar Link will take you to the NWS National Radar site. Just click on the map, and you can choose your radar type for your location.

Thanks for stopping by, and visiting......we hope to meet you in the Chat Box!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://weatherchatroom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather Empty Re: Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Welcome new members BillsfaninSoFla and JRnOldsmar!

Take a look around and ask any questions about features that you have. We haven't made any updates to the site for quite a while, so if there are issues that you run across, just let me know.

This is a small group of folks, mostly from FL with one redneck from Bama that posts regularly. We use the chat box a lot, but will try to post in the blogs more. :-)

If you haven't seen it, there is a "links" page up in the menu bar. If you have favorite links that you would like added that you can access from there, just let me know and I'll pop them in there.

Welcome and hope you find that you like it over here. Cool
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather Empty Re: Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Glad to have you here SWFLWx! Holler if you need anything. affraid
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Thanks, Sangria.  Just poking around a bit, on this lazy under-the-oaks kinda day.  I like the layout with the left and right bars.  Very nice content coverage.  Like the NASCAR.  Got a little N.Fla redneck gene swimmin around inside here.

And now I get to see what my first comment looks like!  (yes, I'm a little bit slow sometimes)
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:08 pm

If anyone has a PWS that uploads to a site, let me know I can add a widget for it here if you'd like.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:10 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:Thanks, Sangria.  Just poking around a bit, on this lazy under-the-oaks kinda day.  I like the layout with the left and right bars.  Very nice content coverage.  Like the NASCAR.  Got a little N.Fla redneck gene swimmin around inside here.

And now I get to see what my first comment looks like!  (yes, I'm a little bit slow sometimes)

For a first, you did right well!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Welcome Bibico !
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:46 pm

Glad you made it in Largo Cool
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Hey Sangria,

So how do you change your email address?

Thanks,
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:05 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:Hey Sangria,

So how do you change your email address?

Thanks,

The email address and username are attached to one another. I think I can change it behind the scenes (haven't had to so not positive)...

Shoot me a PM with the email you want to use and I'll give it a go! :-)
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:06 pm

Hey Spathy! Glad you saw my msg. woohoo
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:58 pm

I appear to be on probation. Wink Received this message trying PM.

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

That's probably a good feature!! Smile

I can wait a week -- not a big deal.

JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:16 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:I appear to be on probation.  Wink  Received this message trying PM.

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

That's probably a good feature!!  Smile

LOL, I completely forgot about that! This has been a bit of a sandbox for us to play in; guess I'll have to dust off my admin memory!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Welcome all.  It's relatively easy to find ones way around here.  For my use I mainly check the "latest topics" near the top left of the home page or use the "chatbox" for real time conversation (if other members happen to be online).  There are also plenty of links to weather sites, messaging functions, etc..
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:49 pm

sangria wrote:
JRnOldsmar wrote:I appear to be on probation.  Wink  Received this message trying PM.

LOL, I completely forgot about that!  This has been a bit of a sandbox for us to play in; guess I'll have to dust off my admin memory!

Negative on the PM. Same error. It is my honor to challenge your admin skills. Nearing 40 years as an IT professional. Wink
You've done a great job here.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:
sangria wrote:

LOL, I completely forgot about that!  This has been a bit of a sandbox for us to play in; guess I'll have to dust off my admin memory!

Negative on the PM.  Same error.  It is my honor to challenge your admin skills.  Nearing 40 years as an IT professional.  Wink
You've done a great job here.

Challenge accepted! Check your email. :-)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:13 pm

sangria wrote:Challenge accepted! Check your email. :-)
Your troubleshooting/workaround skills appear to be intact.

Replied...
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:28 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:

Replied...

Your issue has been resolved.

wave
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:01 am

Admin wrote:
JRnOldsmar wrote:

Replied...

Your issue has been resolved.

wave

Looks good. Thank you very much.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:23 am

welcome to all the new members.
I hope you stick around and enjoy the site.
Hurricane season is around the corner and it will be nice to have different perspectives as the weather is so large no one person can predict it...
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:18 pm

This is a helpful guide (albeit old) for the chatbox......

https://weatherchatroom.forumotion.com/t7-chat-room-instructions

sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:58 pm

sangria wrote:This is a helpful guide (albeit old) for the chatbox......

Nice timing, Sangria.  I was gonna jump into that rabbit hole later on today.

My avatar doesn't seem to be showing up.  I though that I was seeing it yesterday.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:00 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:

My avatar doesn't seem to be showing up.  I though that I was seeing it yesterday.

If this is your avatar, I am seeing it.....

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather GYn5Q0T
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm doing some tweaking to the site to try to make it a little more user friendly...

I created a new area called "Florida Blog"  You can get to it a couple different ways:

1)  When you are on the "Home Page" you can scroll down under the chat box and look for "Florida blog"

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather ZgZQ95d

OR.......................

2)  You can click on the picture of the State of Florida on the left side, just under the "Latest Topics" scrolling box

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather NK5Hwtt

Once You "click on either one of those options, it will take you to the Main Florida Blog page:

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather XVtio1Q

When you are on this page, you will see the "Topic" names that you can click on.  Currently there is only one topic, but if you add new topics so that you can kind of start a whole new "blog" per se, you will see all of the "Topic" names.    So, when I click on the "Topic" that is there, it takes me to this page:

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather IkduzF9

Now, I can read all of the comments.  I can "quote" a comment if I want to, or if I just want to make a comment, the easiest thing to do is to go to the bottom under all of the comments and type in the "Quick Reply" box.  You can also enter your links, pics, emoticons, etc.... here

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather 8oWFTT6
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 pm

sangria wrote:
JRnOldsmar wrote:

If this is your avatar, I am seeing it.....

weather - Welcome to Thunderbolt Weather GYn5Q0T

Thanks, Sangria. That's it. It shows up as a placeholder on my messages here. I see other folks' though. Just did a right-click / show picture and it showed up.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm

san - check gomeys blog. For me my avatar is on the left side of the comments and has a "cleaner look". This blog and Largo's it's to the right and the spacing seems different.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:53 am

I would think there could be a silver lining here for BillsFan...

More ants, fleas and termites bugging Tampa Bay earlier due to warm winter
Go to tampabay.com, slash, then news/humaninterest/lack-of-winter-brings-an-abundance-of-pests-across-tampa-bay/2316011

Note:  I tried the link, but "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:55 am

Oops. Wrong thread. Still learning.....
Very Happy
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Hey JR,

I checked the settings and confirmed that the "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." setting was disabled.  

Does that happen when you click on the "link" icon in the Quick Reply box?

EDIT: I believe I mistakenly changed it early this morning. I have changed it back and it should work correctly for you now. Sorry!! affraid
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:02 pm

sangria wrote:Hey JR,

I checked the settings and confirmed that the "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." setting was disabled.  

Does that happen when you click on the "link" icon in the Quick Reply box?

EDIT:  I believe I mistakenly changed it early this morning.  I have changed it back and it should work correctly for you now.   Sorry!!  affraid

Thanks, Sangria. No problems here. The more cases I see, the more I keep learning. Smile

We'll just see what happens, next time I try.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down