Latest topics
» summer 2019 hurricane season
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

» CLOSED Tropical Season heats up for Florida/Alabama
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 am by StAugustineFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

florida  

April-May Florida weather and local events etc

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 Empty Re: April-May Florida weather and local events etc

Post by waterdipper on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 am

Lots of rain around this week, but I have only been getting about .10" a day. Heavy stuff since Sunday has been north of me one day, then south the next. No complaints here as I am just glad the rains started and alleviated the fire concerns.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 Empty Re: April-May Florida weather and local events etc

Post by JRnOldsmar on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:23 am

All agreed, WD. I added another 1.2" yesterday. I'm only starting to complain about the rising population of skeeters and pot-holes!!
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:50 am

All good here in the Levy County piney woods, but I sense the skeeters are getting ready to pounce and make it miserable to be out at dusk and dawn. Once again I had a couple of rounds of showers in the last 24 hours that added another 1.1" to my monthly total. One shower hit mid day yesterday and dropped 0.60" then we had another round come through early this AM and dropped another half inch. Hopefully the weather man's prediction of the sun coming out later today will happen and we end up with a nice weekend. Next week looks like the afternoon T-storm pattern is going to start up. I for one hope it sticks around for a bit.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am

Good morning. Happy Father's Day to the dads. Dried out here for a couple of days as was forecast. Now back to the soup. I was hopeful for a good Father's Day storm but it's not looking promising. Seabreeze is firing a bit but already beginning to push through the area. I had a couple of sprinkles.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 am

Good Monday morning. Friday and Saturday were dry, but yesterday we had a nice afternoon shower. The storm was collapsing rapidly as it moved in and we got some pretty good wind gusts just prior to the rain starting. It didn't rain very long, but we got 0.40" out of it. Also, it was very surprising, but there wasn't any lightning.
Looks like the rest of the week has good rain chances everyday then we will dry out again for next weekend.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:18 am

Morning All,
It has been a wet time in my area. Sat. 2.47, Sun. 1.79 and yesterday .80 in the bucket.
I have 11.02 for the month so far. Looks like the tap will be turned to low for a few days.
Chance to dry a little before it all comes back next week.
Have a great day!!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Good afternoon. That's impressive John. From dry to deluge.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am

severstorm wrote:Morning All,
It has been a wet time in my area. Sat. 2.47, Sun. 1.79 and yesterday .80 in the bucket.
I have 11.02 for the month so far. Looks like the tap will be turned to low for a few days.
Chance to dry a little before it all comes back next week.
Have a great day!!!
John Z-hills

Wow, you must be getting a lot of inland thunderstorms. I think we're around 4.5" for the month

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:30 pm

I'm up there with JohnZ. More than 4.5" for the week!
Sat 2.25"
Sun 0.05
Mon 0.20
Tue 0.25
This morning 2.7 and it's coming down again now.
At least 1/2 inch, I'm guessing.
It looks like we'll have some dry out days coming up. Not really looking forward to 90+ days again, but it is summer, and 2" in a week is plenty.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Add 1.05". That's 3.75" for the day. Soggy now. Frogs will be singing tonight and in the morning.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:38 am

I'm still adding JR....12.52 For the month. Picked up another.50 yesterday.
Agreed looks to be drying out just for a few days.
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 am

My back yard:
Dew Point: 80°
Feels like temp: 91°
Humidity: 69%
Mosquitos: yes

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Ya'll are raking it in. I'm roughly 4.5" for the month. No complaints but a wee bit jealous of the 10"+ totals!
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Ugg, StPete. I'm not outside much this weekend. Sauna. Hoping for some relief later next week.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:47 pm

Good afternoon. I was on Lady's Island, SC (Beaufort area) the past couple of days. First time going. It was beautiful. Had a morning thunderstorm yesterday then another round at dinner time. Otherwise pleasant weather minus the heat.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:17 am

Morning All,
Keep the water handy next couple of days. 97 feels like 110
Lovely!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 pm

Good evening.

Yeah John, toasty for sure. I heard something on the radio from a local met today it's hit 97+ at Jax Airport 14 times so far this year. Average is 2 by this date. The only year hotter was the El Nino of 1998 when the state was on fire. At least we're getting some rain since the calendar flipped to June although currently in a dry stretch here with really no chance of rain until Friday.

Been MIA for a few days as my 2nd grandson was born yesterday and been spending quite a bit of time at the hospital. I'm too young to have 2! Hopefully no more for awhile, lol
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 pm

Congrats, Aug!! You're getting old.
I'd love to be a granddad right now, but neither me nor my daughter are ready for that yet. I just have to stay healthy until the time comes. Smile

HOT! Surprisingly nice along the water tonight around sunset, with a decent breeze blowing. Temp was still 90 with 78% humidity. We take the nicer moments when we can.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 am

Morning,
Congrats Aug, Yep getting old!!
I have 7 grandkids and they keep life well moving......
Yesterday 97.2 and heat index was 114 hopefully one more day
and then it backs off a tad. Looks like some wet weather by Friday.
HAVE A GREAT DAY
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks gentlemen.

The wet pattern forecast here has backed off. Seems easterly flow will be in charge pushing the seabreeze well west. Central and western parts of the peninsula are favored in that pattern.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by roshanbabu286 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:50 am

Very heavy heavy rains accompanied with rains and strong gusty winds upper us middle US

Sent from Topic'it App
roshanbabu286
roshanbabu286

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:14 am

1/3" rain from a seabreeze thunderstorm Wednesday night. Enough to keep the sprinklers turned off. Hopefully more over the next couple of afternoons. Lows are back down in the 70s. Smile
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Good afternoon. It's July, heat and high dew points rule the day. Seems no tropical mischief anytime soon which is good. Hope it stays that way through October!
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:12 pm

Last year's (July 2018) precip map. Was a wet one
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 Mpe201807

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 am

Good Wednesday morning. It has been hot and has turned dry at my place now for the last few weeks. The humidity has been high enough for daily storms to have fired off, but they have somehow missed coastal Levy County for the most part. My concern about fires came to fruition yesterday afternoon after a T-storm skirted by to the east. A lightning strike started a fire not too far from me, luckily the wind was blowing away from me and the fire dept was able to get it contained fairly quickly. It burned up to my friends property line and burned a good chunk of woods, but no homes got burned.

The heat is going to still be on today with a Heat Advisory for most of the FL peninsula, but the rain chances go up starting the 4th and allow the temps to moderate to the normal range. Hope the rains hold off for the cookouts and fireworks tomorrow! Happy Independence Day

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:04 am

Hopefully there are no fireworks related fires in your area this weekend

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Happy early Independence Day all.

Nice graphic St Pete.  I ran 130% of average July 2018.  Measurable rain 20 of 31 days.

Yes WD, looks back to "normal" for awhile.  Glad no fire concerns for you but a bit too close for comfort with the fire.  May the rain gauges fill for all in the mid/late afternoon tomorrow then clear out in the evening.

As Largo would say "gee, big time booming here earlier".  Not a drop in the bucket but C2G's/loud thunder were prevalent for roughly 10 minutes.  Typical summer day.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:46 am

Good morning. The wet pattern continues on.

Mid to late week there may be some tropical mischief in the northern GOM. NHC has a little disturbance pushing south out of TN acting as the potential "seed".
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:09 am

Well, the wet pattern finally caught up with me over the Holiday weekend. I ended up with 4.5" over the period with 3.1" on Saturday and 1.4" on Sunday. Looks like quite a bit more likely this week with the tropical disturbance forming in the NE Gulf. Doesn't look to be anything other than a rain maker for us, but could become more down the road as it heads west.

Last edited by waterdipper on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:52 am

Wind forecast for Wednesday
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 Ventus12

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:00 am

June 2019 weather summary from the Florida Climate Center.  Hot and wet for all but the northernmost and southernmost parts of the state:
June 2019 Summary

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:24 am

Morning All,
Hope you all had a great 4th.
Had 14.20 inches of rain in June and I have 1.70 in the bucket for July as of now.
Not sure what to expect out of the whatever forms in the gulf.
I guess I will keep one eye that way.
Have a great week.
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:13 am

Been in Jax for the holiday's and had several days of decent rainfall. Left with the ground saturated. Came home to both rain gauges full. 5+ over 5 days. Looks like Monday was a heavy day. 1/3" this morning, and more on the way. Up to 70% pop mid-day to day, and 80% in the coming a.m.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Lots of moisture. Been raining off and on here all day
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 201907091850_SER_IR

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:51 am

Just another 1.7" yesterday, overnight, and early this morning.

Looks like we might have a Barry soon.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Just shy of 6" at my place since Saturday. As what will become Barry pulls away to the west it looks like we will begin transitioning to a normal summer pattern beginning tomorrow, with a 40% chance of afternoon showers each day and a high around 90.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi all! Brief pop in. Mega health issues 😔Crying or Very sad and I hope to catch you all up and join back more often.
Where’s Largo?? I didn’t see his name.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:22 pm

I’ve missed you all! Will check back soon.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:34 am

Good to see you around, Bills. It's kinda quiet around here now-a-days. Largo stated that his internet provider warned that this was an insecure site. We haven't heard a peep since.

We've been thinking of you. I pray that you are healing.

Was totally saturated around here by late Friday, as the last impacts from Barry swept through. .75 of torrent followed by 2 hours of 1.9 light rain and sprinkles. Good dry out over the weekend, but the heat is back up there as well.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Can't believe it's been over a week since my last pop in. Work, relationship, and daughter/grandkids have been keeping me on the go. I will be traveling from the 20th - 30th to Iowa and Missouri.

Great to see you bills! Hope you can get healed up. You've been missed.

Rains have been regular here but the nickel/dime variety. I've not had an inch + on a single day since May 5th. Quite unusual this time of year.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:22 am

Not much rain (.2) yesterday evening, but the light show was the best of the year so far.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:09 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:Not much rain (.2) yesterday evening, but the light show was the best of the year so far.

Morning All,
Got to agree not much rain in the bucket. I got .07 Tuesday and .08 Wednesday but the light show was Awesome!!
lasted over an hour both nights.
Hope all are ok and Bills you are starting to get better.
Have a great day
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:28 am

Just got back from Baton Rouge. Some trees and road signs down, the river is very high, and some folks lost power for a day or so. But overall could have been a lot worse with Barry.

Sorry to hear about the ongoing health issues Billsfan.

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:38 am

JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx on Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Some serious storms yesterday all over the state
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  - Page 10 Img_3810

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 am

Morning All,
Been a wild couple of days. Had .87 in the bucket Sunday and 1.01 in the bucket Monday.
That puts 5.37 for the month. I forgot for the year but I think its around 28 inches.
Looks like a couple of really wet days and then back to normal again.
Have a great day
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:00 am

It has been normal Summer weather here the last week or so. Lots of storms around everyday, but like Aug I have only received the nickel and dime variety. It appears that will change the next few days as this frontal system sags into the area. WPC has my area penciled in for 3-4" through the end of the week due to the moisture rich SW flow pattern. Then we go back to the normal SE flow pattern for the weekend.

So far for July I am at 7.5" and 30.85" for the YTD.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:26 am

Yesterday was a decent day. Caught 1.55" in the gauge from several rounds during the day and overnight. Had one good cell come in yesterday evening with some gusty winds and lost power for 2 hours. So far today it has been only light rain, but the radar is lit up and it looks like rounds of rain will come and go throughout the day.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:48 am

Been missing out on the rain all of this week, other than a few showers from dying or drive-by thunderstorms. This morning, already beating the WPC 5-day. 2+ inches by 6am (got that in about 1 hour) and it hasn't stopped yet. Nothing severe.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:03 am

Big day yesterday with 3" in the bucket. It just started up again and it is coming down hard. Looks like today and tomorrow will be crooked number days again. Models hinting that another trough will settle into the south next week and the SW deep moisture flow will fire back up again at least for the northern part of FL. There will start to be some minor flooding issues in the Nature Coast if that happens as the ground is quickly being saturated.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next