Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

blog  chat  florida  

CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

+4
JRnOldsmar
severstorm
waterdipper
LargoFL
8 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 Empty Re: CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:42 am

NWS Miami....Sun Dec 31 2017

...MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ATLANTIC BEACHES...

This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Rip currents: There is a Moderate Risk of rip currents along the
beaches of Palm Beach County.

Temperatures: Temperatures around the low 50s are possible across
the northern interior areas of South Florida late tonight.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY

A strong cold front is forecast to move into the region early next
week bringing in cooler weather to the area for the middle to end of
next week. Marine conditions may deteriorate behind the front for
the middle to end of next week.

Rip currents will also be on increase for the east coast beaches of
South Florida for the middle to end of next week behind the passage
of the strong cold front.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed.

For more information...visit the National Weather Service in
Miami website at www.weather.gov/miami.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 Empty Re: CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:44 am

Good Sunday Morning Folks..and it's New Years Eve and a lot will be partying tonight..be alert and safe ok, and don't drink and drive huh...well it was 49 here several hours ago but the warm up will begin later today, 60's they say then tomorrow the fun starts huh...well enjoy the Holiday folks and have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:15 am

yeah its about 6'15am and temps down to 48 degree's now..sure must be colder up around Aug's area huh....mike's weather site says after today we'll have 5 days under 60 degree's
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:18 am

just want to mention, there's a 50% chance of showers around central florida tonight and tomorrow the NWS discussions are mentioning..drive safely folks.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 am

down to 42 degree's now..local met was way off on the LOW temp, now how much off will he be when the real cold comes in the next days coming?....still deciding if I should wrap those outside faucets and pipes?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:12 am

Happy New Years Eve!

An all-day fog is odd for sure in SFL bills. My folks are in Iowa.

It's chilly up here Largo but "warm" to what lies ahead, lol. 42 degrees with a high near 60 later. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. 46 for a high with 20mph wind gusts. Might not see 50 degrees for a high through the entire week. Jax continues to creep their temps down as I suspected. I now have 3 nights in a row forecast of 29, 31, and 32.

80% chance or rain here overnight. Totals will be light - a quarter inch at best. Another chance or precipitation Tuesday night into Wednesday. Possible snow or ice? I snipped the below from Jax's AM discussion.

Tuesday Night...Low pressure begins to develop over the Bahamas in
response to mid/upper level shortwave digging over the GOMEX. This
will begin to shift precip shield back onshore the NE FL coast and
into the St Johns River Basin towards morning. For now these
regions should remain above freezing and expecting mainly liquid
precip there while much further inland across SE GA and inland
North FL another Freeze/Hard Freeze is expected with lows ranging
from the middle 20s to lower 30s. Not quite as much wind as Monday
Night but N/NE winds at 5-10 mph inland and 10-20 mph along the
coast will continue the threat of wind chills in the upper teens
and 20s and wind chill advisories may need to posted once again.

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...
Wednesday...Cold airmass remains entrenched over the region while
long-range models dig shortwave trof into the NE GOMEX and track
it across the FL Peninsula. This will set the stage for developing
low pressure in the Bahamas vicinity, still too much uncertainty
in how far NW precipitation shield will extend into NE FL and SE
GA and into the colder airmass, which would have the potential for
frozen precip on the NW fringe of this precip shield. ECMWF still
wetter than the GFS with precip shield far inland and higher
chances of frozen precip in the colder airmass but in much better
agreement than previous runs. Timing of pcpn will be everything as
event has shifted more towards the middle of the day on Wednesday
when a slightly higher chance of seeing temps above freezing.
Bottom line it will be another cold day with highs likely only in
the 30s/40s with Brisk North Winds and cold rainfall along the
coast and some potential for mixed precip over inland areas.

StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:13 am

LOL from mikes weather site...........Tampa... be ready! I am digging out the socks and stocking up on firewood tomorrow. Could hit into the 30s a couple days around here.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:17 am

crystal river up by WD's area..at the moment its.........Fair
39°F
4°C
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:19 am

yeah Aug from tomorrow on not good weather at all,Cold windy and perhaps showers also..stay warm up there!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:19 am

LargoFL wrote:down to 42 degree's now..local met was way off on the LOW temp, now how much off will he be when the real cold comes in the next days coming?....still deciding if I should wrap those outside faucets and pipes?

If I were in your position I'd wait another couple of days. Next couple of nights will be well above freezing.

I wrapped mine a few weeks ago when we had a couple of nights around 30 up here. Once wrapped for the first time I keep it that way until the threat of a freeze is done for the winter. I'm not much of a fan of wrapping, unwrapping, wrapping, unwrapping with each cold snap/warm spell.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:22 am

StAugustineFL wrote:
LargoFL wrote:down to 42 degree's now..local met was way off on the LOW temp, now how much off will he be when the real cold comes in the next days coming?....still deciding if I should wrap those outside faucets and pipes?

If I were in your position I'd wait another couple of days.  Next couple of nights will be well above freezing.

I wrapped mine a few weeks ago when we had a couple of nights around 30 up here.  Once wrapped for the first time I keep it that way until the threat of a freeze is done for the winter.  I'm not much of a fan of wrapping, unwrapping, wrapping, unwrapping with each cold snap/warm spell.
yeah me too, once I wrap them they stay wrapped for sure.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:23 am

I see Billsfan's area has high rain chances into thurs, but her low's per NWS says only in the 40's,IF those temps verify.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:54 am

Good morning all! 44 here and chilly in the house. I'm braving the cold and meeting a friend for breakfast before doing a Samsclub run. I was planning on a trip there tomorrow but they are closed! I didn't know any stores closed on New Years day.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:14 am

sangria wrote:Good morning all!   44 here and chilly in the house.  I'm braving the cold and meeting a friend for breakfast before doing a Samsclub run.  I was planning on a trip there tomorrow but they are closed!  I didn't know any stores closed on New Years day.

Now you do! Laughing
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

sangria wrote:Good morning all!   44 here and chilly in the house.  I'm braving the cold and meeting a friend for breakfast before doing a Samsclub run.  I was planning on a trip there tomorrow but they are closed!  I didn't know any stores closed on New Years day.
good morning San..we did out samsclub run yesterday whew it was packed but we got our supplies ok..funny it should be closed tomorrow, Walmart and all the other stores except banks etc are open tomorrow...maybe new years day is one of their employee's Holidays?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:10 pm

well warmed up to about mid 60's here now...guess we wont see anymore 60's thru the coming week, and they have my area at 70% rain chances overnight and tomorrow...we'll see how that plays out.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Billsfan..how are you feeling down there today?..i know that takes a long time to get over with..hope the pain isn't too bad.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
811 AM EST Sun Dec 31 2017

.UPDATE...
Enjoy the last of the near normal temperatures areawide
today before prolonged cool down to start the new year.
Longwave trough continues over the eastern half of the
country while shortwave energy developing Gulf low storm
system later today. Continue to expect temps around seasonal
averages, mostly sunny skies, and light winds today with
some scattered mid and upper clouds off the Gulf in strong W
winds aloft. Big weather changes starting tomorrow detailed
in discussion below. Latest grids and forecasts on track.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:13 pm

I wonder when that Gulf LOW comes ashore here..if ot will bring any bad winds with it..I have to check the models and see where in florida it crosses.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 pm

well looks like models have to crossing southern florida then developing into quite a Nor'easter storm with..just about hurricane force winds off the ny and new England coastline...batten down the hatches up there when it draws near to you up there.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:21 pm

wow just checked NYC NWS..its 15 degree's with below zero wind chills..its one of those days where I said..im moving to Florida lol
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi everyone!! The foot is feeling better Largo, thank you for asking.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:17 pm

In re: the fog I said hung around all day. Now I’m hearing that they are doing a burn of sugar cane fields up in Palm Beach and that was the source of the “fog”. I did notice the smell of smoke, but I figured people had bonfires going.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:13 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Hi everyone!!  The foot is feeling better Largo, thank  you for asking.
aww that's good news Billsfan!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:15 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:In re: the fog I said hung around all day.  Now I’m hearing that they are doing a burn of sugar cane fields up in Palm Beach and that was the source of the “fog”. I did notice the smell of smoke, but I figured people had bonfires going.  
ok it must have stayed east coast..no fog here by me this morning...and now in the area temps are mid 60's...we wont have it again like this for a week at best.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:18 pm

ah local met changed my low temps..now..wens/thru/fri nitetime temps in the low 30's...lets see what they say Tuesday morning for the 7 day and low temps...im really watching out for those 20's and teens temps ..hopefully my county surrounded by water on 3 sides will keep me a tad warmer than inland.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:38 pm

I’m still not convinced that it was from the sugar cane fields only. It was foggy too, maybe a combo.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

hmmm seems I might get a piece of this gulf system....................................Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
206 PM EST Sun Dec 31 2017

...PROLONGED COLD WEATHER CONDITIONS THROUGH THE WEEK.

.SHORT TERM (Tonight-Monday)...
Persistent longwave trough continues from Hudson Bay through
the Great Lakes and into the Deep South while shortwave energy
is developing and organizing complex surface Gulf low pressure
storm system tonight. This system is associated with stalled
frontal boundary over N FL Peninsula and the northern Gulf
Coast this afternoon and tonight.

Tonight, the area will be broken up into two weather areas.
North of I-4 through the Nature Coast will see the Gulf system
approach overnight with a pre frontal area of showers after
midnight through sunrise with POPs increasing significantly
as the night progresses.

South of I-4 through SW FL will be the proverbial calm
before the storm for most areas with increasing cloudiness
advecting off the Gulf and light easterly low level flow
increasing mean layer moisture. Areawide temps tonight to be
near or a bit above seasonal averages, and that may be the
last time we say that for 5-7 days.

For Monday, a series of upper vort maxes to wrap over the
region as upper troughs come in phase to push entire Gulf
system right into West Central and SW FL through the day
with additional upslope energy keeping cloudy skies and rain
chances well after the front passes. So, New Year`s Day
is expected to be cold, wet, windy and raw for most areas.

The cold front will continue to slowly move southward through
the day...exiting southern zones during the mid-afternoon
hours. Overcast skies, rain cooled air and breezy Arctic
high pressure filtering behind the front for daytime temps
that will struggle to reach 50 degrees in northern areas, 60
degrees central areas, but near 70 degrees ahead of front
in southern areas.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:28 am

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL
352 AM EST Mon Jan 1 2018

...A HARD FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
TUESDAY MORNING FOR LEVY COUNTY...

...A FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY
MORNING FOR CITRUS COUNTY...

.Much colder air will filter into the region today behind a cold
front. Temperatures after midnight tonight into early Tuesday
morning are expected to drop below freezing across much of Levy
and Citrus counties. A period of temperatures below 28 degrees
will also be possible across portions of Levy County. Temperatures
are expected to rise back above freezing for all areas by mid
morning Tuesday.

FLZ142-242-012300-
/O.NEW.KTBW.FZ.A.0001.180102T0600Z-180102T1400Z/
Coastal Citrus-Inland Citrus-
Including the cities of Crystal River, Homosassa, and Inverness
352 AM EST Mon Jan 1 2018

...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY
MORNING...

The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL has
issued a Freeze Watch, which is in effect from late tonight
through Tuesday morning.

* TEMPERATURE...Temperatures dropping into the lower 30s after
midnight tonight.

* DURATION...3 to 5 hours at or below freezing.

* IMPACTS...Damage is likely to sensitive plants. Temperatures may
be harmful to pets.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Freeze Watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.

&&

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:32 am

NWS Tampa.....Mon Jan 1 2018

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

...EXCESSIVE COLD IMPACT...
A Hard Freeze watch is in effect across Levy County tonight with a
freeze watch in effect for Citrus County. Elsewhere, temps will
remain above freezing but strong winds overnight will make wind
chill values much colder. Make sure to dress in layers to protect
yourself from the cold.

...RIP CURRENT IMPACT...
High surf will produce rip currents along area beaches.

...MARINE IMPACTS...
Winds will increase quickly today behind a frontal boundary moving
through the area. Winds 20-25 knots can be expected. Boating
conditions will be hazardous to all small craft through Tuesday
nigh and mariners are urged to check with the latest forecasts
before finalizing plans.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Tuesday through Sunday.

...EXCESSIVE COLD IMPACT...
Temperatures will be well below normal for much of the upcoming
week. Overnight lows near or below freezing can be expected across
portions of west central and southwest Florida into the weekend.
Wind chill values make it feel even colder with wind chill values
in the teens and 20s possible.

...MARINE IMPACTS...
An extended period of advisory level winds and seas is currently
anticipated through Tuesday evening. Boating conditions will be
hazardous to all small craft through Tuesday and mariners are
urged to check with the latest forecasts before finalizing plans.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:36 am

Good Monday Morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........good early Monday folks..alot..of freeze warnings up for a lot of northern florida this morning,this cold front is fooling the mets with its temps...lets see how this plays out..........hope everyone made it thru new years eve safely, I fell asleep around 10pm...well have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 am

Happy New Year all! I fell asleep on the couch from 7-10 last night then woke up before going back to sleep around 2 AM.

Well, the cold has arrived.

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM
EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills will
cause frostbite in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
Expect wind chills to range from 15 to 25 degrees.

* WHERE...Portions of northeast Florida, northern Florida and
southeast Georgia.

* WHEN...Midnight tonight through 9 AM Tuesday. The coldest wind
chills will occur around 6 AM Tuesday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Pets and the elderly are especially
sensitive to the cold. Please take the necessary precautions to
ensure their warmth and safety.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:40 am

Looks like the prospects of frozen precip are on the increase but should still be just a bit north of me. If I'm going to be freezing my rear off I want to see some flakes! Jax snip regarding Wednesday:

Snow in some
locations with some small accumulations possible along the I-10
corridor of NE FL northward through SE GA. The GFS run was much
warmer in the lower levels and somehow has enough warm air pushing
back northward to push Max Temps back into the upper 40s/lower 50s
area-wide and mostly a rainfall event. For now leaning towards the
colder solution and have kept Max temps topping out closer to 40
degrees and will likely be cooler than this as enhanced lift and
moisture falling into the colder/drier airmass with dewpoints in
the teens/20s will allow for evaporational cooling to keep temps
down with an entire mix of Rain/Mixed Pcpn over inland areas while
areas basically SE of a line from JAX to GNV through the St Johns
River Basin will likely change to all rain Wednesday while areas
across SE GA and inland North FL with North winds backing to the
N/NW through the day will keep mixed pcpn possible through the day
after starting as a period of possible freezing rain in the
morning as temps start out below freezing in many inland
locations.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:17 am

wow Aug..let us know if you see some flakes up there!!!..im guessing the low temps are going to be colder than what they thought..glad I wrapped my outside pipes yesterday....I just got a great rain shower here..everything is soaking wet now finally!..cant believe all the freeze warnings and watches out..thought those would come with the second cold front..we just might get a big surprise this week whew.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:31 am

Will do Largo. The thought of snow falling here only to be disappointed kinda has me feeling like this, lol........

StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Will do Largo.  The thought of snow falling here only to be disappointed kinda has me feeling like this, lol........

LMAO!! good one...cold,raw and nasty here now,got another sprinkle type rain, this one lasted for awhile..guess its raw and nasty most of the week huh...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:12 am

AUG....go to mikes weather page..he posted a Florida snow Map..with the possibilities on it...post it if you can here ok...ive lost C/P damn win10 upgrade.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am

WFTV weather page is saying rain changing to snow today up by your area Aug...wow good luck...and southward to I-4 rain with some snow flakes mixed in...man this artic cold front isn't messing around lol...and..a Massive HUGE nor'easter is predicted to run up along the east coast...they say twice as large in area as a normal nor'easter...hope NYC and new England watch this closely...Euro model keeps moving it a lil more westward each run...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:46 am

AUG..Nam model has 2 inches snow/sleet from Jacksonville to about your area...and..up to 4 inches inland closer to the panhandle WOW..if this verifies,downright amazing!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Brrr.... I see lots of 50's and 30's coming up this week. Took my last long bike ride this morning. 64 and sprinkles when I took off; 55 upon return. Tough breeze out of the NNW. It looks like the next 60 is out to the weekend.

Good luck for snow, Aug. I was in high school when it snowed there in 77.

Had a great family week for Christmas.

I think I passed your place on the way home, Aug. I had to drag my feet getting to Orlando, so took the 13, 16A, and 312 bridge to A1A route down to Ormond Beach before cutting over.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas season, and a good start for the cold new year.

Go Dawgs! Go Bama!

JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Here's one map Largo.

CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 7 UhOSn8J
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:43 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:Brrr....  I see lots of 50's and 30's coming up this week.  Took my last long bike ride this morning.  64 and sprinkles when I took off; 55 upon return.  Tough breeze out of the NNW.  It looks like the next 60 is out to the weekend.

Good luck for snow, Aug.  I was in high school when it snowed there in 77.

Had a great family week for Christmas.  

I think I passed your place on the way home, Aug.  I had to drag my feet getting to Orlando, so took the 13, 16A, and 312 bridge to A1A route down to Ormond Beach before cutting over.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas season, and a good start for the cold new year.

Go Dawgs!  Go Bama!

Hmmmm, if you happened upon SR16 and the IGP/Pacetti Road intersection you were 1.5 miles from me.

I'm going opposite of you, lol. I want to see a Sooner/Tigers title game.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:36 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:Hmmmm, if you happened upon SR16 and the IGP/Pacetti Road intersection you were 1.5 miles from me.

I'm going opposite of you, lol.  I want to see a Sooner/Tigers title game.

Yup.  It's changed a bit since I was last thru there --- pre-IGP.

I gotta go with the SEC underdogs!
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:52 pm

welcome back JR!! and thanks AUG, let see what happens Wednesday, I guess that's the stronger more artic blast coming down to us.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:34 pm

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL
239 PM EST Mon Jan 1 2018

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM
EST TUESDAY...

.Unseasonably cold air and gusty north winds will drop wind chills
to below 35 degrees for more than 2 hours over much of the area
tonight.

FLZ043-050-052-056-057-061-139-142-148-149-151-155-160-239-242-
248-249-251-255-260-020745-
/O.NEW.KTBW.WC.Y.0001.180102T0300Z-180102T1500Z/
Sumter-Pinellas-Polk-Hardee-Highlands-DeSoto-Coastal Levy-
Coastal Citrus-Coastal Hernando-Coastal Pasco-
Coastal Hillsborough-Coastal Manatee-Coastal Sarasota-Inland Levy-
Inland Citrus-Inland Hernando-Inland Pasco-Inland Hillsborough-
Inland Manatee-Inland Sarasota-
Including the cities of Wildwood, Lake Panasoffkee, Bushnell,
The Villages, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Lakeland,
Winter Haven, Wauchula, Bowling Green, Zolfo Springs, Sebring,
Avon Park, Placid Lakes, Arcadia, Cedar Key, Yankeetown,
Crystal River, Homosassa, Hernando Beach, Bayport, Port Richey,
Hudson, Tampa, Apollo Beach, Westchase, Bradenton,
Anna Maria Island, Venice, Sarasota, Englewood, Chiefland,
Bronson, Williston, Inverness, Brooksville, Spring Hill,
Dade City, Zephyrhills, Brandon, Plant City, Sun City Center,
Parrish, Lakewood Ranch, Myakka City, and North Port
239 PM EST Mon Jan 1 2018

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM
EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills over
a prolonged period could result in hypothermia. Expect wind
chills to range from 15 to 25 degrees from Brooksville northward
and 25 to 35 degrees from Interstate 4 to Venice and south of
Sebring.

* WHERE...Portions of central, northern, south central and west
central Florida.

* WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to 10 AM EST Tuesday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Limit time outdoors and dress in warm
layers of clothing to protect yourself from the cold. Remember
to bring pets indoors.

A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Hypothermia can occur if
precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and gloves.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:35 pm

folks this is REAL WINTER....please heed your Local warnings...this cold blast isn't fooling around ...stay safe folks.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:56 am

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE...UPDATED
National Weather Service Jacksonville FL
322 AM EST Tue Jan 2 2018

FLZ020>024-030-035-021630-
/O.NEW.KJAX.FZ.A.0001.180103T0300Z-180103T1400Z/
/O.CON.KJAX.HZ.W.0001.000000T0000Z-180102T1500Z/
Hamilton-Suwannee-Columbia-Baker-Inland Nassau-Union-Gilchrist-
Including the cities of Jasper, Jennings, West Lake, Belmont,
White Springs, Houston, Live Oak, McAlpin, Newburn,
Suwannee Springs, Columbia, Lake City, Oleno State Park, Lulu,
Watertown, Macclenny, Olustee, Ratliff, Hilliard, Kings Ferry,
Bryceville, Lake Butler, and Trenton
322 AM EST Tue Jan 2 2018

...HARD FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THIS
MORNING...
...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY
MORNING...

The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a Freeze
Watch, which is in effect from this evening through Wednesday
morning.

* TEMPERATURE...Lower to mid 20s for several hours this morning.
Upper 20s are expected for late tonight.

* IMPACTS...Possible damage to vegetation. People should take
action to protect pets...pipes...the elderly, and vegetation.

A Hard Freeze Warning means that temperatures 27 degrees or less
are expected for at least 2 hours.

A Freeze Watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible for
at least 2 hours. Precautions may be required to protect plants,
pets and those sensitive to the cold if a freeze warning is
issued.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:01 am

good Tuesday morning folks!..dogs walked this early morning now and brrr outside,winds blowing kinda strong here by me..nws says its 38 degree's, probably lower wind chill wise...bundle up if your going outside this morning,waiting to see how much further temps fall here..always gets a bit colder towards daybreak......well have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:53 am

gee I bet its a lot colder in John's area since he's inland...and if WD is back home now..a freeze warning up there ,maybe a hard freeze..whew..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 am

Jenny.....NWS Tallahassee........Tue Jan 2 2018

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EST
WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Periods of light snow, rain mixed with snow and or
freezing rain. Snow accumulations less than 1 inch, mainly on
grassy surfaces. Freezing rain accumulations, if any, less than
one-quarter of an inch.

* WHERE...Portions of southwest Georgia and portions of the
eastern Florida Big Bend. Generally along and east of a line
from near St. Marks, Florida to Fitzgerald, Georgia. This
includes the cites of Valdosta, Madison, Perry and Cross City.

* WHEN...From 1 AM to 10 AM EST Wednesday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow and ice accumulations will be
dependent on temperatures and precipitation intensity. Some
areas could receive up to one inch of snow or just under one-
quarter of an inch of ice due to freezing rain. A few slick
spots could develop overnight tonight into wednesday morning,
especially on bridges and overpasses.

A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next