Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

chat  blog  florida  

CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather

+6
StPeteFLwx
JRnOldsmar
StAugustineFL
sangria
waterdipper
severstorm
10 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Empty Re: CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 am

waterdipper wrote:Gorgeous weekend temperature wise. Nice to be outdoors. Way too dry however. I mowed over the weekend and inhaled way too much dust. I normally don't have to mow this time of year, but my mower went down at the end of the summer and I hadn't gotten around to mowing since I got a new one. Still have a bit to finish, but then it won't be until April time frame when it will need it again.
hiya WD...yes way too dry but nice temps here too..got a good day of on-off all day long sprinkles..my grass has just about stopped growing now too.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Empty Re: CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:02 pm

wow what a beautiful day it is here today..did my long walk then walked the dogs in the park..feels wonderful outside..just gotta Love fall in Florida huh!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:08 pm

I hope this really helps on the research..........................."Bill Gates gives $50 million to combat Alzheimer's''..in my lifetime, ive known quite a few elders coming down with this horrible thing...im guessing you folks have also huh?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:29 pm

LargoFL wrote:I hope this really helps on the research..........................."Bill Gates gives $50 million to combat Alzheimer's''..in my lifetime, ive known quite a few elders coming down with this horrible thing...im guessing you folks have also huh?

I had an aunt pass away from Alzheimers and my ex mother-in-law has it now.

This is where the cynic in me rears its' ugly head. I wonder how much of that 50 mil will actually be used towards research and not stuffing someone's pockets. I also feel many diseases should be curable in this day and age but folks in the medical/pharmacy industry would have less $$ coming in.

My dad was a heavy smoker for 40 years and quit 20 years ago. He has COPD and is slowly suffocating to death. Doctors can't seem to give him comfort but the medical and prescription bills keep on keeping on. angry
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:
LargoFL wrote:I hope this really helps on the research..........................."Bill Gates gives $50 million to combat Alzheimer's''..in my lifetime, ive known quite a few elders coming down with this horrible thing...im guessing you folks have also huh?

I had an aunt pass away from Alzheimers and my ex mother-in-law has it now.  

This is where the cynic in me rears its' ugly head.  I wonder how much of that 50 mil will actually be used towards research and not stuffing someone's pockets.  I also feel many diseases should be curable in this day and age but folks in the medical/pharmacy industry would have less $$ coming in.  

My dad was a heavy smoker for 40 years and quit 20 years ago.  He has COPD and is slowly suffocating to death.  Doctors can't seem to give him comfort but the medical and prescription bills keep on keeping on.  angry
I'm sorry to hear that Aug..i too smoked for 50 years and have emp and copd but..so far other thaen the coughing etc I'm doing ok..I'm on the patch about a month now and so far I'm doing good..and for 68 I guess I'm doing ok so far..no heart or other problems but diabetes2 which doesn't bother me at all so far...many of the folks I grew up with are either gone already or in really bad shape..im so glad I worked in hard physical jobs, some were 15-16 hour days boom-boom boom..hurry up kind of jobs...doc was amazed when I did the heart stress check up and all the others....guess its saved me so far....
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:51 pm

sad thing..when I was a teen..in those days if you didn't smoke you weren't man enough..all my so called friends laughed..so I started..and inside I hate them for having me do that..remember the "Marlboro man" ads on tv..everything pushed ou towards smoking back then...real glad I didn't pick up the drinking habit..never really liked the taste which saved me from that lol..a beer every now and then suits me just fine....so I guess all in all I did good through my lifetime..now lets see how long I can last lol..this retirement is really doing me good too..i love it.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Billsfan sort of keep an eye on this LOW heading to the Bahama's..might get closer ok.....CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_4
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:01 pm

I guess in November everything in the Caribbean sort of heads northeastward towards the Bahama's or thru the straights..but all of them need to be watched huh.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm

looks like it covers some territory down there huh..might give southeast florida some rain..CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Al_rTCFP_024
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:05 pm

most often they DO head northeast out into the atlantic in November............CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 November
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:07 pm

well that's it for me folks,going to take my wife out to dinner in awhile...have a good night and stay safe out there ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks for sharing stories. Alzheimer's and dementia are sad diseases. I know very controversial, but I for one would not want to live like that or put my children/hubby through it. It's really sad I think there are cures but big Pharma, insurance doesn't want it to be.

Last edited by BillsfaninSoFla on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:31 pm

And Largo, hope that mess doesn't get up to BOC or Yucatan or it will have our name on it. Thanks as always for updates.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:00 am

well possible sub-tropical development .....................................................CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Gulf_wind
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:49 am

NWS Miami....Tue Nov 14 2017

...HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ATLANTIC BEACHES...
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY ATLANTIC AND GULF WATERS THIS MORNING...

This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Rip currents: There is a high risk of rip currents for Atlantic
beaches of South Florida.

Thunderstorms: An isolated thunderstorm or two is possible over
northeast Palm Beach County and adjacent Atlantic waters this
afternoon. Lightning is the primary threat.

Wind: Northeast wind of 20 to 25 knots is expected over Atlantic and
offshore Gulf waters this morning. A Small Craft Advisory is in
effect.

Waves: Seas of 7 feet are possible across the Gulf Stream, mainly
offshore Palm Beach County this morning. A Small Craft Advisory is in
effect.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY

Gusty winds may bring hazardous marine conditions to some areas
through Thursday.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed.

For more information...visit the National Weather Service in
Miami website at www.weather.gov/miami.

$$
KONARIK
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:59 am

Good Tuesday Morning folks!...nothing much weather wise going on here on the gulf coast,might be some showers on the FL east coast especially SE coastline as that LOW moves to the Bahama's and out to sea...have a wonderful day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 am

on a health note..i saw on CNN that the new high blood pressure measurement is now 130/80...the article said that with those numbers now about Half..of all americans now have high Blood pressure.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 am

well for us on the gulf coast..perhaps 5 dry days ahead for us.........................CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 P120i
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 pm

LargoFL wrote:well for us on the gulf coast..perhaps 5 dry days ahead for us.........................CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 P120i

Probably longer than 5 days Largo as I am currently on 18 days since my last measurable rainfall and 44 days since I have had a rainfall that measured >0.25". This is really looking like it is going to be a really long dry spell.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm

I suspect much of the high BP these days is due to general obesity and lack of exercise. I have high BP myself though and am 6', 190lbs. I "thank" my mom for the "good" hand-me-down genes.

Looking dry for sure WD. I'm sitting at .09" the past 21 days but the first half of October was pretty good up this way leaving me a touch above average for the month.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:00 am

Good Wednesday Morning folks!!..cooler outside this early morning but feels great..it seems high temp around tampa bay will only reach 77 or so..more like Fall temps now huh...well no rain or storms in sight,good working outside weather for sure...well have a great day everyone
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:49 am

NWS Tampa.......Wed Nov 15 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

...MARINE IMPACTS...
Wind speeds of around 20 knots will continue over the coastal
waters this morning through around 10 AM and keep hazardous
boating conditions for small craft operators.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday.

...MARINE IMPACTS...
On Sunday night into Monday behind the next cold front, wind
speeds will increase to around 20 knots and will create hazardous
boating conditions for small craft operators.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$

Hubbard
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 am

LargoFL wrote:Good Wednesday Morning folks!!..cooler outside this early morning but feels great..it seems high temp around tampa bay will only reach 77 or so..more like Fall temps now huh...well no rain or storms in sight,good working outside weather for sure...well have a great day everyone

Morning Largo and All,
54 in Z-hills this am. Nice!!!!!!!!!!
I did read on the Masters blog there might be something in the southwest carr. next week. I myself will be in Pa next week and the Smokey Mountains the week after.
I will try and check in while I'm away. will be back Dec. 4th
Everybody have a great Thanksgiving Day!!!!!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:56 am

Good morning everyone. Rainy here in SE Florida today. Nice!
Supposed to cool down later this week. Hope it's chilly next week for Thanksgiving.

Have fun John! Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:57 am

Largo - how far is that possible serial murderer from you people up in Tampa area?

It's up to four now correct? That's scary.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 am

severstorm wrote:
LargoFL wrote:Good Wednesday Morning folks!!..cooler outside this early morning but feels great..it seems high temp around tampa bay will only reach 77 or so..more like Fall temps now huh...well no rain or storms in sight,good working outside weather for sure...well have a great day everyone

Morning Largo and All,
54 in Z-hills this am. Nice!!!!!!!!!!
I did read on the Masters blog there might be something in the southwest carr. next week. I myself will be in Pa next week and the Smokey Mountains the week after.
I will try and check in while I'm away. will be back Dec. 4th
Everybody have a great Thanksgiving Day!!!!!!
John Z-hills
have a safe trip John,bring the long johns lol..have a great Thanksgiving also!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:13 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Largo - how far is that possible serial murderer from you people up in Tampa area?

It's up to four now correct?  That's scary.  
well if I'm seeing the map right..its on the other side of tampa across the bay from me..and yes your so right Billsfan..this is really scary..he's killing people at random..they really need to catch this guy fast.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 am

yes your in the good spot for rain today and tomorrow Billsfan..good luck ok...CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Fl_rain_today
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:18 am

this isn't the Seminole area by me..this is a different neighborhood over in Tampa ok...........................TAMPA -- 
A day after a fourth person was shot and killed in the Seminole Heights area in the last month, Tampa police are trying to calm neighborhood fears while tracking down a killer. 
Massive police presence remains in Seminole Heights
Fourth person found shot dead Tuesday morning
FBI, FDLE and Hillsborough Sheriff's Office assisting in case
Tuesday in Seminole Heights: Police, neighborhood on alert
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 am

Good morning. A chilly and breezy morning here. At 7 AM it was 44 with a 10 mph breeze making it feel even colder. The sun however is still strong this time of year and we are already up to 63 and headed into the low 70's. Just about perfect. Tonight we are headed back down to the mid 40's. Love the temps this time of year.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 pm

LargoFL wrote:
BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Largo - how far is that possible serial murderer from you people up in Tampa area?

It's up to four now correct?  That's scary.  
well if I'm seeing the map right..its on the other side of tampa across the bay from me..and yes your so right Billsfan..this is really scary..he's killing people at random..they really need to catch this guy fast.

Its all taking place on the east side of 275. Hillsbourgh south.
The last one was killed a point blank. walked up behind the guy and put 3 shots into him. There were other people there but could not really see him because it was dark.
This is about 5 miles from where I work. Stay safe out there and travel in groups or pairs.
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Oh my gosh John. So close to you!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:37 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Oh my gosh John. So close to you!  
whew John you stay extra alert when getting out of the car etc..this is sure unnerving for sure,always having to look behind you etc..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Billsfan..I sure wish MATT from our old blog on WU found us and joined in here he is over north Tampa somewhere...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:42 pm

soon they will be giving this killer a name..like they did long ago with "son of sam" huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:59 pm

LargoFL wrote:
BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Oh my gosh John. So close to you!  
whew John you stay extra alert when getting out of the car etc..this is sure unnerving for sure,always having to look behind you etc..

Thanks for concern. I'm always watching my back, sides and front. My past keeps me alert all the time. Gots to go to work to make the money. we are always on full lock down at the plant.
Thanks Again
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm

ok John..i just saw crime stoppers upped the reward for turning this guy in to $91,000...hope someone collects real soon and this nutjob is stopped.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm

well another cold front comes downstate sunday/Monday......................................CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Lg_7day
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Largo. I agree, I wish Matt was part of our group also. And miss Ed and Jenny too. And others, just not thinking of their names right now.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Largo. What was that John said about something in the SW Caribbean. Have you seen it?

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Good afternoon. It'd be nice if they can catch the nutjob sooner rather than later. With the holidays approaching I wonder if he'll go into hiding or use as a conduit to killing more.

It was almost "cold" here today. 63 degrees and cloudy. I had to close the slider after a few hours.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:39 pm

It's getting really breezy down here.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:25 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Largo.  What was that John said about something in the SW Caribbean. Have you seen it?
.....CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Rb-animated
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:28 am

Good Thursday Morning folks!...well this time next week i'll begin to smell Turkey cooking lol...cool here this early morning..about 58 or so..feels wonderful!! no humidity etc too..well no weather to worry about for us today.......................have a wonderful day everyone!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:05 am

Good morning. Another cool start here with 42 degrees. No wind like yesterday, but the humidity is up as there was some patches of ground fog earlier this am making it feel cold and damp. Looks like several more days of nice weather on tap. We do finally get a chance of some rain with the frontal passage on Sunday, but it only looks like around 30%. Early next week lows will be in the upper 30s and highs near 70. Turkey day forecast looks awesome.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:45 am

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
700 AM EST Thu Nov 16 2017

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. An elongated area of low pressure that extends from southwest to
northeast across the central Caribbean Sea is producing a large area
of disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity. While strong
upper-level winds are expected to prevent any significant
development, heavy rainfall is possible over portions of the
northwestern coast of Colombia, Hispaniola, and Puerto Rico during
the next few days while the low meanders over the central Caribbean
Sea and interacts with an upper-level trough.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.

Forecaster Brennan
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:56 am

Short Term Forecast
National Weather Service Melbourne FL
930 AM EST THU NOV 16 2017

AMZ550-552-555-570-572-575-FLZ041-044>047-053-054-058-059-064-141-
144-147-161900-
Coastal Volusia-Flagler Beach to Volusia-
Brevard County Line 20 NM to 60 NM Offshore-Flagler Beach to Volusia-
Brevard County Line Out to 20 NM-Indian River-Inland Volusia-Martin-
Northern Brevard-Northern Lake-Okeechobee-Orange-Osceola-
Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter Inlet 20 NM to 60 NM Offshore-
Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter Inlet Out To 20 NM-Seminole-
Southern Brevard-Southern Lake-St. Lucie-Volusia-
Brevard County Line to Sebastian Inlet 20 NM to 60 NM Offshore-
Volusia-Brevard County Line to Sebastian Inlet Out to 20 NM-
930 AM EST THU NOV 16 2017

.NOW...

...Showers will approach the Treasure Coast through early
afternoon...

Scattered showers over the near shore Atlantic will continue to move
south-southwest at about 15 MPH. Some of this activity will push
onshore near Saint Lucie Inlet and Hobe Sound through late morning...
and possibly farther north between Saint Lucie and Sebastian Inlets
toward early afternoon. Isolated brief...heavy downpours may produce
one quarter to one half of an inch of rain in a few locations.

Gusty northerly winds will continue to create poor to hazardous
winds and seas for boaters and beach goers once again today. A Small
Craft Advisory remains in effect for much of the local Atlantic
waters...and a Beach Hazards Statement is also in effect for rough
surf...a southward flowing longshore current...and dangerous Rip
Currents...especially near piers and jetties.

&&

Additional details...including graphics are available online at:
http://www.weather.gov/mlb/blog

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:01 am

CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 JAX_0
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:02 am

so we await the next cold front sunday into Monday,would be nice to get a shower or two as it slides over us huh.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:04 am

CLOSED Florida/Alabama Fall Season weather - Page 9 Image3
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next