Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

blog  chat  florida  

CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!)

+8
StormTrackerScott
StPeteFLwx
waterdipper
severstorm
JRnOldsmar
BillsfaninSoFla
sangria
StAugustineFL
12 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 Empty Re: CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!)

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:07 am

Good Friday Morning folks and TGIF!!!!........well no rain for me yesterday,but I kinda figured that would happen,yesterdays storms were an east coast event for the most part,but the breezes were much welcomed here..well I myself will have to wait for the next rain event,so Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 Empty Re: CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!)

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 am

well I'm retired and I know most here are younger and still working so I can help during the storm days and post the NWS alerts and warnings if I'm home those days ok..in here we watch over each other as always huh..have a great day everyone..doesn't look like any rain in the 7-day for my area whew..sprinklers on.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:42 am

LargoFL wrote:well I'm retired and I know most here are younger and still working so I can help during the storm days and post the NWS alerts and warnings if I'm home those days ok..in here we watch over each other as always huh..have a great day everyone..doesn't look like any rain in the 7-day for my area whew..sprinklers on.

Good for you!..I am almost retired, They should give retired another name because it means something else .....lol as in death:)
So its almost as if where you worked writes you off as dead....
he retired forget him!

getting old bites!

I now only work on my wife's days off so I don't have to work for free!
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:54 am

Cooler morning today. A quick sprinkle at my house yesterday, but it didn't measure in the gauge. Well the NWS finally got around to upgrading the drought status in FL. I am now officially in D1, moderate drought. Looks like a small chunk of D2 severe drought around the Big Lake. I expect this drought will last into June and maybe July if the rainy season struggles getting going.

NWS  FL drought map

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 am

gomexwx wrote:
LargoFL wrote:well I'm retired and I know most here are younger and still working so I can help during the storm days and post the NWS alerts and warnings if I'm home those days ok..in here we watch over each other as always huh..have a great day everyone..doesn't look like any rain in the 7-day for my area whew..sprinklers on.

Good for you!..I am almost retired, They should give retired another name because it means something else .....lol as in death:)
he retired forget him!

getting old bites!

I love being retired and not working,Freedom to do what I want when I want,no real time to get up etc,,,
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:34 am

next rain GFS is saying around March 31st..sure hope it hits MY area.................weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 Gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_30
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:36 am

anyone have any damage from those bad east coast storms yesterday?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:40 am

clipped from NWS Jacksonville discussion........
Isolated thunderstorms will be possible each afternoon and early
evening across southeast Georgia and inland portions of northeast
Florida from Sunday through Tuesday.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:49 am

there could still be some showers down in south florida Billsfan,good luck ok..weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 Radar_flanim
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:56 am

LargoFL wrote:
gomexwx wrote:

he retired forget him!

getting old bites!

I love being retired and not working,Freedom to do what I want when I want,no real time to get up etc,,,

lol Largo. "no real time to get up?" Not according to your dogs. Very Happy

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:11 pm

LargoFL wrote:there could still be some showers down in south florida Billsfan,good luck ok..weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 Radar_flanim

thanks Largo. Nothing today for me and I will not be greedy. We managed to get an inch of rain last evening.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:52 pm

still a few left over light showers down in southern Florida this afternoon.......weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 1490381281
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:37 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:
LargoFL wrote:there could still be some showers down in south florida Billsfan,good luck ok..weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 Radar_flanim

thanks Largo.  Nothing today for me and I will not be greedy. We managed to get an inch of rain last evening.
well that's good news Billsfan,sure could use rain here by me but supposedly its going to be a nice hot and dry weekend coming up.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Good afternoon. You did well Billsfan. Struggling for rain here but the temps have been nice. 60's yesterday and upper 70's for the weekend before the 80's return. AC will be working OT soon (like me!)

I think I am the youngest poster here (unless Scott returns) at age 45. 20 more years until retirement. Sorta one of those things you want to come but don't because it means the years are creeping up.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:08 am

Good Saturday Morning folks...nice around my area this morning,I just looked at my 7-day..low 80's all week long this coming week..spring has arrived here lol...now where..are those april showers? lol...have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:32 am

Good Morning all!   So glad the weekend is here  Very Happy

What a game last night between FL and WI.  A heartbreaker loss for WI at the buzzer in OT..

sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 am

Good morning. Wow, what a devastating loss. The SEC has surprised - 3 teams in the Elite 8.

7 day for my locale.

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 TkSDsmN
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 am

Feel free to share gomey.

5 day QPF.

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 JP491al
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:20 am

Tightly wound low pressure exiting OK with another system departing CA which will set the stage for severe weather in the southern plains tomorrow.

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 6Mv7Huc

First system has gomey under the slight risk today.

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 JqXjroD

Then attention shifts west tomorrow to OK/TX

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 X7NqR2D
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:41 am

Good morning everyone!

BOO Gators.. lol

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:34 am

waterdipper wrote:Cooler morning today. A quick sprinkle at my house yesterday, but it didn't measure in the gauge. Well the NWS finally got around to upgrading the drought status in FL. I am now officially in D1, moderate drought. Looks like a small chunk of D2 severe drought around the Big Lake. I expect this drought will last into June and maybe July if the rainy season struggles getting going.

NWS  FL drought map
good morning WD..yes sure is one long lasting dry spell here by me also..GFS model says april will be wetter..we'll see if it verifies..have a great weekend ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:35 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Good morning everyone!

BOO Gators..  lol

LOL Billsfan good morning
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:37 am

Good Morning Aug..yeah Local met says that northern gulf storm this weekend will Miss us down here..headed northeastward away from florida
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:10 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:Good morning.  Wow, what a devastating loss.  The SEC has surprised - 3 teams in the Elite 8.

7 day for my locale.

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 TkSDsmN
good at least you have a chance for showers end of the coming week.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Very breezy down here today. It's sunny, then it clouds up and looks like it wants to rain, then turns sunny again. At least it's cool .

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:05 pm

Afternoon windy here with rain shower
Temp 74
Humidity 91%
winds S at 17mph
dew point 68
barometer 29.96 digital, 30.00 analog...falling trend
24hr rainfall 0.06

Forecast:100% chance of Rain with a chance of thunderstorms some possibly severe this afternoon into this evening. Then a 20% chance of rain later tonight ,clearing on Sunday.
High today 75
Low near 60
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Inbound rains are approaching an acre somewhere on the gulf coast, lol.

Static loop:

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 KiOyjRJ
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:14 pm

classic set-up...with land heating faster than water as the showers move north there is more lift due to the sun being out all day with clouds rolling by..

but now our cap is broke so thunder is rumbling closer as these showers develop in to storms and zoom off North East

it might get nasty.....lol
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:58 pm

well it is now going boom! trapped in the man cave. so will ride it out here...LOL

now my next addition to my weather stations will be a lightning detector. I can't count em..lol

at .80 inches of rain so far..and it's pouring so well over an inch will happen,,
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:14 pm

gomexwx wrote:well it is now going boom! trapped in the man cave. so will ride it out here...LOL

now my next addition to my weather stations will be a lightning detector. I can't count em..lol

at .80 inches of rain so far..and it's pouring so well over  an inch will happen,,

1.71" and climbing
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:48 pm

1.83 for that event aug...looks like more rain headed my way,but it will be lower rain rates...
maybe .25 - .50 more
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:45 am

Sun Mar 26 2017

...MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS TODAY...

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for Northeast Florida,
Southeast Georgia and the Adjacent Coastal Waters.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight...

There is a a moderate risk of dangerous rip currents at area
beaches today.

Patchy fog is expected inland areas this morning. Local
visibilities may briefly drop to less than 1 mile through 8 AM.

There is a slight chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and
early evening across southeast Georgia and inland portions of
northeast Florida.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Monday through Saturday...

A moderate risk of rip currents will likely continue at area
beaches on Monday and Tuesday.

There is a slight chance of thunderstorms each afternoon and
early evening across southeast Georgia and inland portions of
northeast Florida Monday through Wednesday. A better chance of
thunderstorms are expected Thursday through Friday.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed.

For additional information, visit the National Weather Service in
Jacksonville website on the internet at weather.gov/jax.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:46 am

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 Image3
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:48 am

Good Sunday morning folks...nice by me this early morning,looks like some area's are getting early morning showers..not by me I'm afraid grrr...have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:00 am

Good morning..
Was up early chasing Jupiter through the clouds.
Looks like it will be a nice day here on the North Central Gulf Coast.
My forecast:
Partly cloudy today with a 20% chance of rain.High 82. Tonight clear early with a low of 65.

The NWS office has issued a hazardous weather outlook for RIP CURRENTS along the coast. Remember the rules ,if caught in the current don't fight it,swim parallel with it until the current ends.

currently:
Temp: 63
Humidity 98%
Dew Point 62
Winds SSE at 5mph
Barometer 29.97 digital ,30.01 analog the trend is steady.
24hr precipitation: 1.85 inches
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:27 am

Morning. I saw an Ed siting. He posted a blog on WU under his old handle "EdwardInAlaska"
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:38 am

Good Morning all.....

I'm envious of your rain yesterday, Gomey!

Larry Cosgrove's weekly newsletter - I'm not sure if you have to be a member to view it....

Larry Cosgrove Weekly Newsletter
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:00 am

sangria wrote:Good Morning all.....

I'm envious of your rain yesterday, Gomey!

Larry Cosgrove's weekly newsletter - I'm not sure if you have to be a member to view it....

Larry Cosgrove Weekly Newsletter

I live in a rainy city.YOU get the lightning!! Wait Wait Wait!! Tampa is #1 in lightning strikes,my area #2 in strikes..Ok Hurricanes...damn I lose again! Your area has the voodoo

hey the link worked! I could read it.
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:09 am

Glad the link  worked, I wasn't sure!  

Moderate risk for TX/OK today.....  

SPC Day 1 Outlook

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 MJDS2v0
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:44 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Morning.  I saw an Ed siting.  He posted a blog on WU under his old handle "EdwardInAlaska"
..BILLSFAN....did you see this???
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:57 am

LargoFL wrote:
StAugustineFL wrote:Morning.  I saw an Ed siting.  He posted a blog on WU under his old handle "EdwardInAlaska"

NO... oh my... I missed that. St Aug... did you say anything to him?

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:58 am

gomexwx wrote:1.83 for that event aug...looks like more rain headed my way,but it will be lower rain rates...
maybe .25 - .50 more

woo hoo! Congrats on the rain. I got another .25 or so.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:28 am

I went there and posted on it, told him where we are.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:28 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:
LargoFL wrote:

NO... oh my... I missed that.   St Aug... did you say anything to him?

I didn't Bills. I was in a rush to get out the door this morning. I saw Ed, posted here, then forgot to go back there! Appreciate you giving him the heads up.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm glad you saw it Aug. I probably wouldn't have been back there to look.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Way to go, Gators.  Good run.  Feelings for the Badgers and Jayhawks.  Go Gamecocks!
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:51 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:Way to go, Gators.  Good run.  Feelings for the Badgers and Jayhawks.  Go Gamecocks!

Nice game South Carolina. Their defense is awesome.
I don't know if I've ever seen Kansas be manhandled like they were last night.

Go Tarheels! Smile

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:37 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:Way to go, Gators.  Good run.  Feelings for the Badgers and Jayhawks.  Go Gamecocks!

I'm gonna have to go with Gonzaga. "Small" program in their first final 4. Granted it's SC's first final 4 as well but they come from the hail SEC
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:34 am

weather - CLOSED New Florida Weather Blog (and Mobile!) - Page 6 Image13
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:35 am

Good Monday Morning folks!!...mid 80's for my area today and dry once again and April is fast approaching..have a great day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next