Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

florida  blog  chat  

April-May Florida weather and local events etc

+5
LargoFL
BillsfaninSoFla
StPeteFLwx
JRnOldsmar
severstorm
9 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Empty April-May Florida weather and local events etc

Post by LargoFL Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Welcome to our New Florida Blog..just a few more months until our Tropical season begins..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Empty Re: April-May Florida weather and local events etc

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:13 pm

Thanks Largo. Hopefully the tropics behave this year.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Empty Re: April-May Florida weather and local events etc

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:16 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Thanks Largo.  Hopefully the tropics behave this year.
yes it sure would be great if it did huh Aug...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:18 am

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  1554283561
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:20 am

Good Wednesday Morning Folks!!..a cool 59 outside here but a warm and nice day ahead hopefully...have a wonderful day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:41 am

Good Wednesday AM. Stepping outside this morning it felt quite cool. It got down to 46 today, but the sun is going to warm it into the mid 70's. I ended up with 0.70" of rain out of the event, which was much needed to clear out the dust and pollen. Looks like another potential rain event on Friday, then possibly some more next week. Time will tell.

I forgot to post my monthly rainfall for March so here goes:
January 5.71"
February 1.86"
March 1.22"
2019 YTD total 8.79"

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:23 pm

waterdipper wrote:Good Wednesday AM. Stepping outside this morning it felt quite cool. It got down to 46 today, but the sun is going to warm it into the mid 70's. I ended up with 0.70" of rain out of the event, which was much needed to clear out the dust and pollen. Looks like another potential rain event on Friday, then possibly some more next week. Time will tell.

January    5.71"  
February  1.86"
March      1.22"
2019 YTD total   8.79"
hiya WD yes t was Cool early this morning here too,but the sun is doing its job..warm here now and sunny..yes im watching next week, but hopefully we will get some good rains
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:26 pm

well sunday we went up near Johns town in Zepherhills to a farm where you could pick your own strawberries over on 301..nice area up there..alot of farms, cows, lambs, and i thought i saw a few sheep but could be wrong on that..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:06 pm

waterdipper wrote:Good Wednesday AM. Stepping outside this morning it felt quite cool. It got down to 46 today, but the sun is going to warm it into the mid 70's. I ended up with 0.70" of rain out of the event, which was much needed to clear out the dust and pollen. Looks like another potential rain event on Friday, then possibly some more next week. Time will tell.

January    5.71"  
February  1.86"
March      1.22"
2019 YTD total   8.79"

I'll post monthly total's as well. Maybe we can compare month-by-month through the year. So far fairly similar. .62" out of the event here.

January 4.18"
February 2.69"
March 1.47"
2019 total through March: 8.34"
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Another 6-8 weeks the rainy season should begin. I love seabreeze storms.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:42 am

StAugustineFL wrote:

January    5.71"  
February  1.86"
March      1.22"
2019 YTD total   8.79"

I'll post monthly total's as well.  Maybe we can compare month-by-month through the year.  So far fairly similar. .62" out of the event here.

January   4.18"
February  2.69"
March      1.47"
2019 total through March:  8.34"

I will have to put mine up here. I'm only around 5.82 for the year.
will get tonight post Friday
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:43 am

Billsfan stay alert down there.............................NWS MIAMI...359 AM EDT Thu Apr 4 2019

...HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALL ATLANTIC BEACHES...
...SCATTERED LIGHTNING STORMS TODAY ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTH FLORIDA...

This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Rip currents: There is a high risk of rip currents along the Atlantic
beaches.

Thunderstorms: A band of storms currently moving from the Atlantic
into the east coast is expected to spread across most of Miami-Dade,
Broward, Collier, and Mainland Monroe counties this morning and
afternoon. Scattered storms will be possible with this band,
especially later this morning and afternoon. Isolated thunderstorms
are possible elsewhere across much of the remainder of South Florida
as well as the local Gulf and Atlantic waters. The strongest storms
may produce wind gusts up to 40 mph, frequent lightning strikes, and
locally heavy rainfall.

Waterspouts: Isolated waterspouts are possible across the local
Atlantic waters today.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY

A small northeasterly swell will keep an elevated risk of rip
currents along the Atlantic beaches into Friday.

Scattered to locally numerous showers and thunderstorms are possible
across portions of South Florida through the upcoming weekend and
early next week. The highest coverage will generally be across the
interior during the afternoons and early evenings.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Widespread spotter activation is not anticipated, however individual
spotters are encouraged to report high wind, hail and flooding to
the National Weather Service forecast office in Miami.

For more information...visit the National Weather Service in
Miami website at www.weather.gov/miami.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:45 am

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Fl_rain_today
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:48 am

LargoFL wrote:well sunday we went up near Johns town in Zepherhills to a farm where you could pick your own strawberries over on 301..nice area up there..alot of farms, cows, lambs, and i thought i saw a few sheep but could be wrong on that..

Morning All,
Been away for awhile and just plain busy. Don't want anyone thinking I went missing.
I'm around just don't get time to post.
Largo I think you can find any animal you want in Z-hills. I've seen just about everything up my way. Even saw a Florida Panther a few years ago.
We sure need some good rains up my way. Very dry and fire season is just around the corner.
Have a great day all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:49 am

Good Thursday morning folks!! some area's around the state especially south Florida have good rain and/or storms.. good luck on getting some good rain..i hope some reaches my area lol..have a wonderful day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 am

severstorm wrote:
LargoFL wrote:well sunday we went up near Johns town in Zepherhills to a farm where you could pick your own strawberries over on 301..nice area up there..alot of farms, cows, lambs, and i thought i saw a few sheep but could be wrong on that..

Morning All,
Been away for awhile and just plain busy. Don't want anyone thinking I went missing.
I'm around just don't get time to post.
Largo I think you can find any animal you want in Z-hills. I've seen just about everything up my way. Even saw a Florida Panther a few years ago.
We sure need some good rains up my way. Very dry and fire season is just around the corner.
Have a great day all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Z-hills
Hiya John yes there are alot of farms there for sure..nice area for sure!! good luck on getting some rain there john!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:41 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Another 6-8 weeks the rainy season should begin.  I love seabreeze storms.

Agreed, Aug.  Especially the evening ones!  Too bad it takes heat and humidity to get there.

Spring has definitely arrived.  Within the last 7-10 days, I've seen the first blue jays and cardinals, and just yesterday, woodpecker (beautiful crown!), then a great owl was hooting overnight and this morning.  Caught a pair of cardinals in my bird bath, so I hope that they set up home close-by.  One year they were in my big crape myrtle and it was great to watch the young'un grow up.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:35 pm

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  1554400921
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:35 am

Boom..mother nature says Get out of that bed and wake up!!........................April-May Florida weather and local events etc  1554458701
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:41 am

Good Friday morning and TGIF!!...everything is soaking wet outside finally!! well have a great day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:06 am

Had a heavy downpour with some rumbles of thunder sometime last night that woke me up from a sound sleep. It didn't last all that long, but I ended up with 0.50" in the gauge. With the forecast showing rain chances through the next 10 days it looks like we could be getting an early start to the wet season. If it does indeed happen, this will be the second wet April in a row.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am

Got about 0.4" out of that. Hopefully enough to wash the pollen away

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:04 am

Colorado State's April 2019 Hurricane Prediction looks about average. Of course it takes only one
April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Csu_0410

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:43 am

gee i dunno what i'd do if a Major came thru here..total destruction is my guess,too late for me to start all over again..hopefully none will indeed..come here and we stay safe huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 am

The Tampa Bay hurricane of 1921 (also known as the 1921 Tarpon Springs hurricane) is the most recent major hurricane to strike the Tampa Bay Area.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:56 am

[quote="StAugustineFL"]

January    5.71"  
February  1.86"
March      1.22"
2019 YTD total   8.79"

I'll post monthly total's as well.  Maybe we can compare month-by-month through the year.  So far fairly similar. .62" out of the event here.

January   4.18"
February  2.69"
March      1.47"
2019 total through March:  8.34"[/quote

Hi All, Here are my totals for 2019 so far:
Jan. 3.26
Feb. 1.04
Mar. .93
Total so far 5.23
John z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:15 pm

January 4.18"
February 2.69"
March 1.47"
2019 total through March: 8.34

Jan. 3.26
Feb. 1.04
Mar. .93
Total so far 5.23
John z-hills

Looks like east coast is the winner so far

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:56 pm

StPeteFLwx wrote:January   4.18"
February  2.69"
March      1.47"
2019 total through March:  8.34

Jan. 3.26
Feb. 1.04
Mar. .93
Total so far 5.23
John z-hills

Looks like east coast is the winner so far
yes the east coast is doing pretty well so far huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Looks like the west coasters fared well. Decaying line as it moved east and lost its' umph. I only had .03"
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:51 am

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
420 AM EDT Sat Apr 6 2019

.DISCUSSION...
Although the calendar says its early April, it will feel alot like summer
across the area this weekend though it won`t be nearly as muggy as July.
Nevertheless, temperatures will climb into the upper 80s to around 90
for most locations today and again on Sunday. The only cool spots,
if you want to call it that, will be near the immediate coast as temps
will be moderated somewhat thanks to the afternoon seabreeze. Sufficient
low-level moisture will allow for the development of afternoon showers
and thunderstorms, much like our typical summer convection, although
coverage will be a bit more limited since available atmospheric
moisture isn`t nearly as high as summer. Regardless, the potential is
there for daily afternoon/evening storms this weekend with the best
coverage across interior zones in the 20-40 percent range.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:53 am

Good Saturday Morning Folks!!..looks like a nice weekend ahead although NWS says its going to be high 80's in places...well enjoy..have a wonderful day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:44 am

Area Forecast Discussion
313 AM EDT Sun Apr 7 2019

.DISCUSSION...
Another warm day is expected today as temperatures will once again
climb into the upper 80s to around 90 for most locations. The only
cool spots, if you want to call it that, will be near the immediate
coast as temps will be moderated somewhat thanks to the afternoon
seabreeze. Moisture will be a bit limited today so only an isolated
chance for a shower or storm today although increasing moisture will
bring better chances for showers and thunderstorms on Monday,
especially east of I-75 where sea breeze convergence is focused. A
stronger sea breeze and more cloudiness should keep temperatures a
couple degrees lower on Monday. As we get into Tuesday and
Wednesday, an upper-level shortwave moves through the SW flow in
place across the state. This upper energy along with the warm and
moist conditions in place will allow for fairly decent coverage of
showers and storms on Tuesday with the system gradually moving out of
the area Wednesday. Behind the system, high pressure builds across
the area with some drier air aloft but not really at the surface so
warm temps and muggy conditions look to continue into next weekend.
Moisture aloft returns Friday so isolated to scattered PoPs return to
the forecast late in the forecast period.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:48 am

Good Sunday Morning Folks!! I see NWS Jacksonville has a large FOG alert out this morning for Most of northern Florida..drive safely if going out this morning..well they say another Hot day here and only a 20% chance of an afternoon shower here by me...last evening i heard thunder doomers over across the bat i guess around Tampa..not a drop here..well have a wonderful day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:52 am

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Lg_forecast
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi everyone. Don’t know my rainfall totals, but not much. Downright hot a few days last week as well. 91. yuck

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:51 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Hi everyone.  Don’t know my rainfall totals, but not much.  Downright hot a few days last week as well. 91.  yuck
Hiya Billsfan, yes it sure is HOT last few days here too...ditto on the Yuck!! LOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Good afternoon. Yeah, the warm/hot weather is here to stay. Dewpoints have been on the increase - that's when real "summer" settles in for a few months. Had my first thunderstorm of sorts yesterday evening. Not much but squeezed out .14" I saw a nearby CoCoRaHs report of 1.74"
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:00 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:Good afternoon.  Yeah, the warm/hot weather is here to stay.  Dewpoints have been on the increase - that's when real "summer" settles in for a few months.  Had my first thunderstorm of sorts yesterday evening.  Not much but squeezed out .14"  I saw a nearby CoCoRaHs report of 1.74"
ah glad you did get some rain there AUG
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:01 pm

hey st Pete and JR..things rainfall wise..could get Interesting Tuesday.................April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_18
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:04 pm

I'd be happy for an overcast day with on and off showers thru tuesday
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Pollen count by me Must..be a 10....you start sneezing and coughing as soon as you go outside..ugh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Jenny and possibly WD........NWS Tallahassee.....SHORT TERM [Monday Through Tuesday Night]...

A tricky set up early this week as a strong upper level +PV anomaly
moves into the the lower Mississippi Valley on Monday night,
stretching out as it continues into the southeast on Tuesday. The
deepening low pressure system currently under development in
southeast Texas will push across the northern Gulf coast,
bringing showers and thunderstorms to the lower Mississippi Valley
and southeast over the next few days. There still remain model
discrepancies in the track and intensity of this system. Given the
continued deep fetch of moisture through Monday and the warm,
almost summer-like conditions in place, showers and thunderstorms
will develop out ahead of this front by Monday afternoon. Shear
will remain on the low end in the morning, but will quickly ramp
up in the afternoon (0-6 km shear to 40-50 knots) as the system
pushes the LLJ into our area. As a result, strong to severe storms
will be possible Monday afternoon evening. The main threats would
be damaging wind gusts (to around 60 MPH) and some hail (less
than 1" in diameter). PW values will be over 1.5" across the area,
so if storms train over a particular area ahead of the frontal
line, there may also be an isolated flash flooding threat as
recent heavy rainfall has lowered our flash flood guidance.

The line of convection ahead of the front affecting the area Monday
into Monday night will most likely race eastward by early Tuesday
morning. However, with the low still in our area during the day
Tuesday, wrap-around moisture is expected to keep chances for
showers and thunderstorms over the area through the day unless a
good dry slot can work its way in (which is beginning to look less
likely). Lacking the surface forcing at that point, organized severe
weather isn`t expected Tuesday, but that`s not to say that a stray
gust is completely out of the question. The low pressure system
should Tuesday night.

Highs will be in the upper 70s to low 80s both days. Overnight lows
will be in the upper 50s to low 60s.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:57 am

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Fl_rain_tomorrow
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:01 am

Good Monday Morning folks!!..it seems better rain chances for you folks in northern Florida today..there might be some scattered afternoon shower or two for my area..Tomorrow might be heavier rains etc here...we have a great day everyone!!...let the blog know if any storms or bad winds etc ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:06 am

stay alert up there Aug and WD etc................Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Jacksonville FL
407 AM EDT Mon Apr 8 2019

...ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES AND ISOLATED SEVERE STORM POTENTIAL
THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:08 am

Billsfan and south florida folks...............NWS MIAMI...401 AM EDT Mon Apr 8 2019

...A FEW STRONG STORMS POSSIBLE MAINLY WEST OF THE LAKE...
...MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS FOR THE ATLANTIC BEACHES...

This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Rip currents: There is a moderate risk of rip currents for the
Atlantic Beaches today.

Thunderstorms: Isolated to scattered thunderstorms are possible,
mainly this afternoon and in portions of the western interior,
including the western lake region. Some of the storms could become
strong, with small hail, strong gusty wind, and lightning as the main
hazards.

Wind: Some thunderstorm wind gusts of 45 to 50 miles per hour are
possible, mainly in the western Lake region and portions of the western
interior areas this afternoon.

Hail: Small hail will be possible today with any strong storms that
are able to develop. mainly in the western Lake region, and portions
of the western interior.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY

Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible across portions of
South Florida early this week. The highest coverage will generally
be across the interior during the afternoons and early evenings. A
cold front is expected to bring more widespread storms across the
region Tuesday and Wednesday. Some of the storms could become strong
to severe on Tuesday, especially in the western Lake region.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:34 am

wow this one looks much stronger than our last one that came across the panhandle towards us..April-May Florida weather and local events etc  1554729601
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:36 am

April-May Florida weather and local events etc  Image8
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:37 am

the above warnings May..increase...please stay alert to YOUR local warnings and storms ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:10 am

Area Forecast Discussion
915 AM EDT Mon Apr 8 2019

.DISCUSSION...
Low clouds and some patchy fog are still in place mainly
across the northern half of the area. These will be
gradually lifting over the next couple of hours, then
afternoon thunderstorms will be possible mainly inland as
the sea breeze will set up and push inland pretty well
today. Showers and thunderstorms will then be moving in
overnight with a cold front and continue to move through
the area through the day Tuesday. A few strong storms will
be possible with this, and have a marginal risk in place
with that. Current forecast is on track with all of this and
have no update planned.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next