Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

florida  blog  chat  

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed

+3
emcf30
sangria
GrillinInTheEye
7 posters

Go down

Which manufacturer will end up in the Cup Series Victory Lane Sunday in Michigan?

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Vote_lcap50%Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Vote_lcap0%Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Vote_lcap50%Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Vote_lcap0%Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Empty Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed

Post by GrillinInTheEye Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:01 am

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Pure_m10

PURE MICHIGAN 400

GOOD YEAR CONFIRMS NEW TIRE COMBINATION

Goodyear has selected a new combination for the two-mile racetrack – a combination of the original tires from the April test and a slightly softer version of the harder tire used during the June race.

Though top speeds were not official, some drivers went about 210 mph on Monday, but only averaged about 195 mph, a little slower than during the previous test in April and the June NASCAR event at the track.

The last time drivers were at MIS, the tires were very hard, a last-minute change when some drivers experienced blistering on their tires during practice sessions.

To avoid bringing back the same tires, Goodyear developed a new combination

Michigan International Speedway became NASCAR’s fastest racetrack in June. Marcos Ambrose's speed of 203.241 mph for the Quicken Loans 400 was the 11th-fastest pole-winning speed in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series history and the first time the pole winning speed was faster than 200 mph at a track other than Talladega Superspeedway and Daytona International Speedway.

But NASCAR driver Greg Biffle thought the speeds, though slower, would lend themselves to exciting racing at NASCAR’s fastest racetrack.

“Since the speed is down just a tiny bit I think you will see that groove continue to widen out. I have even floored it down lower on the race track and the car has some turn in it down there. I think we are going to see some good racing,” Biffle said. “We were all fearful that this tire would be really low on grip and the car would be hard to drive and it would chatter out from under us. That is certainly not the case.”

Michigan son Brad Keselowski agreed.

“Michigan is a lot different track with the repave, and we saw that here with the spring race. So we’re all still just trying to get a grip on that, literally, and trying to figure it out,” he said. “So Goodyear has us here to kind of reconfirm some things that we saw and hopefully improve the racing another notch here at Michigan International Speedway. So we’re just trying to help out here as we can and also make our cars better at the same time. So it’s a good process for all.”

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Michig10

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Michig11

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Fantas10

Monitor Weekend Before Making Michigan Picks

Michigan should provide the best opportunity to have a relevant notebook, but that track was repaved prior to the Quicken Loans 400 this past June and remains an unknown. Four drivers who finished in the 20s last August adjusted quickly to the new pavement and scored top-10 finishes. On the other hand, five of the top performers in the June race either kept alive or started top-10 streaks on this course. The implication for fantasy owners is that many of the choices this week need to be made after the weekend activities are in the books, with decisions heavily influenced by average speed during 10-lap runs and qualification position.

ENJOY THE RACE!!
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Empty Re: Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed

Post by sangria Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:40 am

Good Morning Grill!!

Thanks for the great blog......I must admit, though, I coulda smack for calling BB a "sleeper" to watch!!!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Empty Re: Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed

Post by GrillinInTheEye Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:43 am

Sorry San. Just call them like I see them. lol!
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by emcf30 Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 am

Thanks for the blog Grill, nice job....
emcf30
emcf30

Back to top Go down

Post by scouter534 Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks Grill, nice blog.
scouter534
scouter534

Back to top Go down

Post by Seawall Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 am

Can't wait to see what kind of speeds they lay down in practice and qualifying. Have to agree that the new tire combos should make for some exciting racing!
Seawall
Seawall

Back to top Go down

Post by Seawall Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:59 am

WEEKEND TV SCHEDULE
Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed SD1K6l
Seawall
Seawall

Back to top Go down

Post by Tropic Bunker Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am

Nice blog Grilling.!
I wonder how many here remember the tire wars between Goodyear and Hoosier back in the day!
Tropic Bunker
Tropic Bunker

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:49 am

I was just a small child then Trop. LOL
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks for the TV schedule Sea. Any pickum's for this week?
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:13 pm

I have one!!!!

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Beer_b10
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 pm

But San...

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Lunapic_134470351861971_9

GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Noticed you didn't have your "crush" in the pickums this week....guess cuz he is a

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed LH4wU
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Haven't decided on my pickum's this week. So there is still hope. LOL

But honestly I think Jimmy Spencer says it best about old BB.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-stop-trying-so-hard

GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seawall Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:28 pm

hey trop, I remember those tire battles. Grill; will wait a little bit on the pickums!
Seawall
Seawall

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Don't blame ya Sea, I'm interested in how practice works out first.
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:20 am

Good Morning Race Fans!!

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed 5LMyK

Just a reminder of today's activities..

Today on SPEED (all ET):

12:30p - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice

2p - NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice

3:30p - NASCAR Live

4p - Cup qualifying

5:30p - Trackside Live w/ guests Marcos Ambrose & Timothy Peters
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 am

Hendrick Motorsports

The Army National Guard will continue as a primary sponsor of the No. 88 Sprint Cup Series team and driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr. after extending its relationship with Hendrick Motorsports through the 2013 NASCAR season. The National Guard will receive primary paint schemes in 20 Sprint Cup races, including the 2013 Daytona 500, and prominent brand placement during all non-primary events.
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by scouter534 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks Grill, I'm glad to hear that.
scouter534
scouter534

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:34 am

Good Morning Race Fans..

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed 391440_10151105843619131_657227102_n

Line up for today

8:30 Sprint Cup Practice (Speed)
9:30 Truck Qualifying (Speed)
11:00 Sprint Cup Practice (Speed)
12:00 Truck Race (Speed)
2:00 Nationwide Race (ESPN)

Have a great day!!
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:26 am

Good Morning Grill........

Beautiful picture. Looks like a full day of fun at the track! I might actually see most of them today, if this rain keeps up, here....
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 am

sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emcf30 Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:23 am

sangria wrote:

REDNECK

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Rebel_flag
emcf30
emcf30

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:54 am

So far this morning.

Jimmie changes engines in first practice.

Junior going to a back up car.
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by scouter534 Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:06 pm

If they change in practice, does that mean they have to start at the back, or is that only after qualifying?
scouter534
scouter534

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:11 pm

They qualified last night so both will be going to the back.
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by scouter534 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Thanks, should gain some extra points for them moving up then.
scouter534
scouter534

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Not sure how that works. I think the league still goes by qualifying position.
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:32 pm

I think you are right Grill....
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:40 am

With the Lowes Chevy team having to change motors at the start of the first practice yesterday, Jimmie Johnson goes to the back because of the engine change and is giving up a third place starting position. He'll be joined back there by the other car under the same roof at Hendrick Motorsports, the 88 of Dale Earnhardt, Jr. who backed into the fence late in Happy Hour. Sam Hornish, Jr. also goes to the back because of a driver change. He's spent the last two days in Montreal so he neither practice or qualified here at MIS.

Casey Mears will definitely be a start and park as I reported last week. He'll then run the next Bristol, Atlanta, Richmond and Chicago and then start and park again at Loudon.

Other Potential start and parks today are Mike Skinner, Joe Nemechek, Scott Riggs, Josh Wise, Jason Leffler, David Stremme,and Reed Sorenson.
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:23 am

Ryan Newman, is feeling under the weather, and his Stewart-Haas Racing team has backup drivers Scott Riggs and David Reutimann on standby.
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by scouter534 Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you Grill. I was going to let my team ride, it I hadn't read your entry above, i would have had a dead duck on my team.

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed 6qMTB
scouter534
scouter534

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:14 pm

LOL....don't ya just love that monkey!!!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:40 pm

My pleasure Scout. Don't want anyone at a disadvantage. Well maybe SAN but nobody else. LOL

Oh and I do have this ready for anyone who may need it today..

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Cryingtowel
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Good thing you have that close by....you are gonna need a few of them for your own personal use......
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Well now that the league is locked. I can share this little tidbit now...

Penske Racing, Paul Wolfe, crew chief Brad Keselowski...We've struggled here this year. We've made some small gains but we just don't have a set-up that fits well with harder tires and new pavement I guess. We are certainly not where we want to be. I think we're top-10 good going in and hope to adjust us into contention.

Good Luck San!!
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Hey Thanks, Grill!!!

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed OlSZr
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:16 pm

LOL. Enjoy it while you can....

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed Lunapic_134472698676366_2
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed F8a7I
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed MaYJX
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:36 pm

ignore ignore ignore ignore
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Here ya go....pass em on to Gordon.....he'll need another box, if he keeps cryin about JR!!!

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed ROacT
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrillinInTheEye Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed BBrat-1
GrillinInTheEye
GrillinInTheEye

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:53 pm

extra remote for Gordon's garage door.....makes it easier....

Michigan International Speedway - It's your Speed 5ouF4
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 am

LMAO at the banter I missed yesterday
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down