Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
Late January through February outlook - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
Late January through February outlook - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
Late January through February outlook - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
Late January through February outlook - Page 9 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
Late January through February outlook - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
Late January through February outlook - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
Late January through February outlook - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
Late January through February outlook - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

blog  chat  florida  

Late January through February outlook

+5
BillsfaninSoFla
JRnOldsmar
severstorm
StAugustineFL
waterdipper
9 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Late January through February outlook - Page 9 Empty Re: Late January through February outlook

Post by LargoFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 am

Late January through February outlook - Page 9 1550051881
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Late January through February outlook - Page 9 Empty Re: Late January through February outlook

Post by LargoFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 am

man oh man, that front BLASTED thru here..Pouring rain..Heavy wind..and LOUD Thunder i guess sometime after 11pm,,i could be wrong on timing...everything outside is soaking wet here by me this early morning..Thunder was so loud my dogs jumped on my bad shivering lol............well Good Wednesday Morning folks from the radar it looks like some may still be getting some rain....have a wonderful day everyone!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:13 am

Late January through February outlook - Page 9 Image13
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:14 am

wow still raining here as i write this...i needed this..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:16 am

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
436 AM EST Wed Feb 13 2019

.SHORT TERM (Today-Thursday)...
The cold front will continue to push through the area this
morning, with periods of rain gradually clearing from north
to south through the day. Cooler and drier high pressure
will build into the area behind the front through tonight,
with mostly clear conditions for Thursday. There will be a
high risk of rip currents today. Highs today will be in the
60s. Lows tonight in the mid to upper 30s north to the mid
40s inland to lower 50s coastal central and south. Highs
Thursday generally in the 70s, though upper 60s possible
along the coast generally north of Tampa Bay.

.LONG TERM (Thursday Night-Tuesday)...
High pressure will ridge across the area through Monday as a
cold front stalls to the north of the area over the weekend.
Slight rain chances will be possible Monday into Tuesday
mainly north as this boundary settles into north Florida.
Temperatures will be above normal through the period.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 am

Yes Largo- the cross is very intriguing! My son used to work at the place where it washed up.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 am

Rain just stopped here. Came down pretty good. Much needed!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Yes Largo- the cross is very intriguing!  My son used to work at the place where it washed up.  
oh that sure must have shocked the people there huh..like a message from above maybe ??? lol
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:41 pm

Late January through February outlook - Page 9 Goes16_ir_atlpac-wide_201902131105
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Good afternoon. Pinellas made out pretty good. Roughly .25 - 1" depending what part of the county one lives. Had a measly .11 here. One cool night around 40 then temps rebound nicely tomorrow onward.

Late January through February outlook - Page 9 C5lHoej

StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Brevard County seems to be the big winner through 7 AM this morning. Bills area should have some nice reports on tomorrows report with later timing in onset.

Late January through February outlook - Page 9 Eud4Zwx
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

I think we received nearly an inch. And it’s quite chilly. I’m actually a little cold. Remind me of this in July lol.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:02 am

Area Forecast Discussion
346 AM EST Thu Feb 14 2019

.DISCUSSION...
A closed upper low sits over eastern Quebec with troughing extending
along the east coast and southward between the Bahamas and Florida.
As the upper low and associated troughing moves northeast, the
pattern becomes more zonal by early Saturday and continues through
the beginning of next week. At that time, upper ridging moves east
over the Bahamas allowing for a more southwest upper flow which will
help to produce above average temperatures into next week.

On the surface, the front that moved through Florida yesterday has
exited the area and is located over the Bahamas. High pressure over
the Carolinas ridges southwest over Florida and into the Gulf of
Mexico and will produce pleasant weather for the end of the week and
into the weekend. The next chance of rain will be on Monday as a
weak front moves through the southeast U.S., but still only a 20-30
percent chance over the Nature Coast. Otherwise a rain-free forecast
can be expected. Temperatures are on the cool side this morning, but
will warm up nicely under sunny skies with highs in the low to mid
70`s today, then further warming up well above average for the weekend
and into next week with daytime highs in the 80`s expected
for most of the region.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 am

Good Thursday Morning folks!!..a cool 43 as i walked my dogs but a warm up will begin later today once the sun does its job!!..yeah Aug my area surely got an inch or more, man that rain really came down hard here, you could tell it was a deluge just by all the leaves they way they lay in the street..and everything soaking wet and it sprinkled alot thru the morning and overcast..well i surely needed the rain here..now our warm up begins...have a wonderful day everyone....say...anyone's temp's in the 30's this morning?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 am

hey i KNOW its way out in time BUT.check out what might be falling up in Northern Florida 1st week of March..Late January through February outlook - Page 9 Gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 am

LargoFL wrote:Good Thursday Morning folks!!..a cool 43 as i walked my dogs but a warm up will begin later today once the sun does its job!!..yeah Aug my area surely got an inch or more, man that rain really came down hard here, you could tell it was a deluge just by all the leaves they way they lay in the street..and everything soaking wet and it sprinkled alot thru the morning and overcast..well i surely needed the rain here..now our warm up  begins...have a wonderful day everyone....say...anyone's temp's in the 30's this morning?

Morning All,
Hey Largo, I'm in the 30's. Got down to 38 up my way last night.
Had .36 in the bucket from last rain event. I'll take it being Feb.
Have a great day all!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 am

Good morning from Levy County. Our one day of Winter in February is living up to the hype. Yesterday was cool and dreary all day with the temps staying in the mid 50's with a northerly breeze 10-15 mph making it feel even cooler. Last night the skies cleared and I got down to 35, with some frost in the open areas. Looks like the warm up begins today and temps will be approaching 80 by the weekend. The local ten day forecast has highs near 80 and lows in the mid 60's each day next week. It looks like spring is really here for FL while the rest of the nation is going to suffer with Winter for awhile longer.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:11 am

Largo, I am not sure I am buying what that model is selling on snowfall in FL the first week of March. However, We did have flurries here in Levy County in March some years back. I think it was sometime around Y2K. It was quite interesting and not forecast at all. A strong cold front moved through early in the day and created some "Gulf Effect" flurries just in time for my commute home from work. They would hit the windshield, stay for a few seconds, then melt.

I for one would like to see it stay cold a bit longer and would love to see some snow, but it would be quite the change from the forecast for the last two weeks of February. Heck, the whole month of February has been well above average for that matter. A warm February is beginning to be a common occurrence for Florida. This is the second Feb in a row where we haven't had a freeze. It used to be one of our colder months. March on the other hand seems to have been a toss up between above or below normal temps the last few years. Models (like the one Largo posted) are hinting at a shift in the pattern for March that will allow more cold air into the state. However, by that time I think Spring will have been established and temps will have a hard time dropping down too low. Ultimately it looks like warm days and cool nights, perfect weather in my opinion.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:01 am

severstorm wrote:
LargoFL wrote:Good Thursday Morning folks!!..a cool 43 as i walked my dogs but a warm up will begin later today once the sun does its job!!..yeah Aug my area surely got an inch or more, man that rain really came down hard here, you could tell it was a deluge just by all the leaves they way they lay in the street..and everything soaking wet and it sprinkled alot thru the morning and overcast..well i surely needed the rain here..now our warm up  begins...have a wonderful day everyone....say...anyone's temp's in the 30's this morning?

Morning All,
 Hey Largo, I'm in the 30's. Got down to 38 up my way last night.
Had .36 in the bucket from last rain event. I'll take it being Feb.
Have a great day all!!
John Z-hills
hiya John, whew its sure cold here too but a warm up is coming..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:04 am

waterdipper wrote:Largo, I am not sure I am buying what that model is selling on snowfall in FL the first week of March. However, We did have flurries here in Levy County in March some years back. I think it was sometime around Y2K. It was quite interesting and not forecast at all. A strong cold front moved through early in the day and created some "Gulf Effect" flurries just in time for my commute home from work. They would hit the windshield, stay for a few seconds, then melt.

I for one would like to see it stay cold a bit longer and would love to see some snow, but it would be quite the change from the forecast for the last two weeks of February. Heck, the whole month of February has been well above average for that matter. A warm February is beginning to be a common occurrence for Florida. This is the second Feb in a row where we haven't had a freeze.  It used to be one of our colder months. March on the other hand seems to have been a toss up between above or below normal temps the last few years. Models (like the one Largo posted) are hinting at a shift in the pattern for March that will allow more cold air into the state. However, by that time I think Spring will have been established and temps will have a hard time dropping down too low. Ultimately it looks like warm days and cool nights, perfect weather in my opinion.
Hiya WD yeah since 85 ive seen a couple of days with a snow flurry or two..never stuck to the ground...yes florida's winters are always warm then cold then warm etc..your body never gets used to one or the other temp so maybe we feel each more? i know i do whew.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:06 am

Oh and Happy Valentine's day to all the Ladies out there..!!!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:57 pm

well warmed up nicely outside huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm

LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Hey Largo
That was quite the temp ride.
Low of 70 Tues morn (ugh)
Low of 59 Weds morn (yeah)
Low of 43 Thurs morn with rooftop frost (yikes)
80 degrees coming out of work. (oof)
Got 2 shots of half an inch recently and that storm -- 2 big blasts that woke me up (never happens!) sounded like low tone bombs. Never heard that before.
I hit the pool last weekend. Feb. Good comments about that WD.

Needless to say, work is currently a bit overwhelming. Go-Live of major project is on track for the 26th.

Hope all are well.
Want to hear of the new job Bills.
JohnZ: Do you know where I might find large wild shrimp that are worthy of the grill? I've been experimenting and am ready for quality test subjects. Smile
How's that commute working out, Aug?
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:Hey Largo
Got 2 shots of half an inch recently and that storm -- 2 big blasts that woke me up (never happens!) sounded like low tone bombs.  Never heard that before.
I hit the pool last weekend.  Feb.  Good comments about that WD.

Needless to say, work is currently a bit overwhelming.  Go-Live of major project is on track for the 26th.

Hope all are well.  
JohnZ:  Do you know where I might find large wild shrimp that are worthy of the grill?  I've been experimenting and am ready for quality test subjects.  Smile
Hiya JR yes those Booms seemed like right over my house geez...woke me right up too
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:40 am

Good Friday Morning and TGIF!!!!!...well cool here by me..46 they say right now here but our warm up is here for the next 7 days..love the low 80's myself....well have a wonderful day everyone!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:15 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:Hey Largo
Got 2 shots of half an inch recently and that storm -- 2 big blasts that woke me up (never happens!) sounded like low tone bombs.  Never heard that before.
I hit the pool last weekend.  Feb.  Good comments about that WD.

Needless to say, work is currently a bit overwhelming.  Go-Live of major project is on track for the 26th.

Hope all are well.  
JohnZ:  Do you know where I might find large wild shrimp that are worthy of the grill?  I've been experimenting and am ready for quality test subjects.  Smile

Morning All,
Alls quiet in my neck of the woods.
JR....You can pick up at Publix fresh counter (Brown Shrimp)
Or there is a place on Dale Mabry near sligh or lampbright near the Mc Donalds.
Its called Cox's Market. They have (Pink Shrimp) which is the best.
Always try to buy domestic shrimp (LOCAL) It cost a little more but you get better Taste.
So there you go ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:42 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:JohnZ:  Do you know where I might find large wild shrimp that are worthy of the grill?  I've been experimenting and am ready for quality test subjects.  Smile

JR, on the subject of shrimp for grilling, I would look for some Royal Red shrimp if you can find them. Google them. They are a deep water species with the richest flavor of all the shrimp caught here in FL and are great for grilling. Once you eat these shrimp all others are inferior in taste. If you can't find them then I would go with Pink shrimp, especially if they are from the Keys. They have a good flavor and have a nice firm flesh. After that I think Browns and Whites taste about the same.

As for where to get them, my parents live in St. Pete and they buy shrimp from Save on Seafood and they usually have a good variety and decent price.

waterdipper

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 am

Perfect, John.  Thank you.  
And thanks for the additional info, WD. Did a quick check on royal red, and found a couple of local spots.
Cox's is less than 3 miles from work, and I can hit it on the way home. I'll probably start there.  
And, of course, the more local the better.  Smile
Thanks again, Guys.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:18 am

waterdipper wrote:JR, on the subject of shrimp for grilling, I would look for some Royal Red shrimp if you can find them. Google them. They are a deep water species with the richest flavor of all the shrimp caught here in FL and are great for grilling. Once you eat these shrimp all others are inferior in taste. If you can't find them then I would go with Pink shrimp, especially if they are from the Keys. They have a good flavor and have a nice firm flesh. After that I think Browns and Whites taste about the same.

As for where to get them, my parents live in St. Pete and they buy shrimp from Save on Seafood and they usually have a good variety and decent price.

I second Save On.  Great place for seafood

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks, StPete. The decent price, mentioned by WD, might be off-set a bit by 2 gals of gas. lol I'll keep it on my list, in case I don't find satisfaction up this way. Smile
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi everyone! Thanks for updates and the shrimp info. I agree, the pink shrimp (Keys) are good. That’s the type we buy.
Ah JR, the job.... did not work out. For many reasons, I was apprehensive to take the job with this company, but decided to give it a try in hopes everything I heard was wrong. Sadly it was not. I won’t divulge on details. So I am once again looking. Thank you for thinking of me.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:21 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Hi everyone!  Thanks for updates and the shrimp info.  I agree, the pink shrimp (Keys) are good.  That’s the type we buy.  
Ah JR, the job.... did not work out.   For many reasons, I was apprehensive to take the job with this company, but decided to give it a try in hopes everything I heard was wrong.  Sadly it was not.  I won’t divulge on details.   So I am once again looking.  Thank you for thinking of me.  
good Luck Billsfan!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Good afternoon. Sorry to hear of that news bills. Best of luck in your search but folks are hiring in general so hopefully it'll be a short reprieve.

Commute is fine JR. The Largo-hour wake up calls (before 5 am) not so much. I'm on the road between 5:30 - 5:45 depending how motivated I am on a given day.

On the subject of shrimp - while not local I like the Patagonian reds. They are pricey thus I only buy them once or twice a year. They're large in size and to me taste like lobster.

I also like the Patagonian scallops. They're bite-sized little guys I cook on the stovetop with a little olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs. 3 minutes on medium high heat and they're done. I'll make a pasta dish with them.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Kinda funny (or not) but when I was working from home 10 years I rarely had to buy new shoes and would get as much life out of them as I can.  Late last year I bought 2 pair of dress shoes for the days I dress a little nicer at work.  I had a couple 10-15 year old "casual wear" shoes to go with jeans on the other days.  Well, the casual wear shoes both blew out on me in some form or fashion over the last couple of weeks.  Had to go with my Asics tennis shoes.   The left front toe on them started coming undone this week.  Now I'm down 3 pair of work shoes.  Then I had a flip-flop blowout.  So today I went to Famous Footwear and bought a pair of flip-flops, New Balance tennis shoes, and 2 pair of work casual shoes.  I probably buy 4 pair of footwear in 5 years much less one day.  I should be good for awhile.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:55 pm

LOL, Aug. That's a good one. And 4:45 here -- still running on DST.

Sorry to hear, Bills. Hope something comes along that is a better fit for you.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Lol Aug. Famous Footwear. Good choice, reasonable prices.

Thanks JR. I sure hope so. Embarrassed to admit, I went for an interview today, and had two interviewers, who’s combined age was 13 years younger than I am. And they’d be my bosses. Another promising lead was shot down too. But, keeping my head up and plugging on.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 am

Area Forecast Discussion
232 AM EST Sat Feb 16 2019

.SHORT TERM (Today - Sunday)...
Surface high pressure ridging from the western Atlantic
across the Bahamas and the Florida Peninsula will
gradually strengthen through the rest of the weekend,
keeping generally southerly low level flow in place. This
will lead to above normal temperatures today (highs in the
mid 70s to low 80s) becoming even warmer and more humid by
Sunday (highs in the upper 70s to mid 80s).

The primary weather concern will be fog, with patchy ground
fog this morning returning late tonight and into Sunday
morning. The warm and moist southerly winds over cooler
waters will likely also produce sea fog along the coast by
this afternoon, which should stick around through at least
Sunday as the southerly flow continues. This sea fog could
advect inland at times tonight and Sunday, causing hazardous
driving conditions along the coast.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:15 am

Good Saturday Morning folks!!...a cool 56 here by me this early morning, dogs wanted out for some reason..didnt see anything so business done we went back inside..they go back to sleep and now Im up LOL..oh well weather wise iy looks to be a real nice day ahead in the mid 70's..i guess i'll be raking leaves once again...have a wonderful day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:48 am

Morning. Beautiful day here. Ran errands, took a walk through Riverfront Park, another walk through the "hood". Mulch delivery scheduled here in 15 then I'll lay down 30 bags in one of my front beds. After that a little down time before making a cedar plank hickory maple salmon later for dinner.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:17 am

Area Forecast Discussion
438 AM EST Sun Feb 17 2019

.UPDATE...
GOES satellite imagery, METAR observations, and web cams
are all showing areas of dense fog spreading through
southwest Florida and expanding as far north as southern
Polk county early this morning. As a result, a Dense Fog
Advisory has been issued for these areas through 14z. This
fog will need to be continually monitored through after
sunrise, and the advisory will be expanded in coverage if
the fog spreads into other counties.

&&

.Prev Discussion... /issued 324 AM EST Sun Feb 17 2019/

SHORT TERM (Today - Monday)...
Mid level ridging will continue to build just south east of
Florida today and Monday, as the surface ridge axis holds
across the Bahamas and Florida Peninsula. This will keep
generally southerly winds in place, advecting a warm and
humid airmass into the area. The southerly flow combined
with subsidence from the ridge aloft will allow temperatures
to run well above normal, with record values possible.

The humid air mass is also contributing to patchy fog over
the interior early this morning, as well as pockets of sea
fog along the coast. While the inland fog will lift out
shortly after sunrise before returning late tongiht, the sea
fog is forecast to linger though the day, then will
redevelop this evening. This sea fog could shift onshore at
times today and Monday, obstructing visibility along the
coast. With the humid air mass and strong surface heating
on Monday, isolated to scattered showers will be possible at
any time during the day.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:19 am

Good Sunday morning Folks!! no fog here by me yet....is there some fog by Your area??....nice temps here mid 60's right now..and a warm sunny day ahead..enjoy...have a wonderful day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi Largo. No fog for me. About 85 and sunny. Summer will be here soon.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:15 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Hi Largo.  No fog for me.  About 85 and sunny.  Summer will be here soon.
Hiya yes it sure will be huh..real warm here by me but..a tree swaying wind here wow..havent see the wind this strong in quite a while..and its a humid wind too,,must be bringing the 80's temps for this week.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:45 am

Area Forecast Discussion
241 AM EST Mon Feb 18 2019

No sign of sea fog on satellite. Surface winds from Tampa
Bay southward had slightly offshore winds so sea fog should
remain offshore if it develops.

Surface high pressure ridge axis extended from Melbourne to
Tampa early this morning. Winds around 6 mph and batches of
stratocumulus will limit fog potential. Much of the
Interstate 4 corridor remained cloud free so best chance of
fog in this area.

Unseasonably strong subtropical ridge to keep high and low
temperatures 10 to 15 degrees above normal. Be on the
lookout for a few record temperatures this week.

.Short Term (Today - Tuesday)...
Weak cool front entering the Florida Pan Handle this morning
will stall between Tampa and Fort Myers overnight, then move
north as a warm front Tuesday. Sea breeze sets up this
afternoon with a small chance of low topped showers inland.
Not much forcing with front overnight or the warm front on
Tuesday. Low chances of showers.

.Long Term (Tuesday Night - Sunday)...
Long wave trough in the western U.S. begins to fill and
move northeastward Wednesday. A second wave digs into the
southwest U.S. Friday then ejects northeast over the
weekend. This dampens our subtropical ridge but not enough
to change our warm and mostly dry pattern. Most of the area
south of a Tampa to Sebring line will be dry the next 7
days. Otherwise the forecast varies from 0.02" in Lakeland
to 0.24" in Chiefland.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:48 am

good Monday morning folks!..well a warm and dry week ahead for my area this whole week..nothing weather wise happening here...enjoy...have a great day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 am

Morning folks. I have a holiday today which is nice. Actually have a 40% chance of rain later this afternoon and 70% tomorrow although totals should be a 1/4" or less. A cool day tomorrow with a high of 69 before warming to the low 80's again for much of the week.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyToes Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:05 am

Hello everyone. Taking hubby out to eat for his birthday and having a crawfish boil on Saturday. Just having a few neighbors over. We’ve been to LA and had a few boils for friends. Got two beers on tap and found a radio station in New Orleans that live streams so we’re ready to go. Hope wx is cooperative. Garbage goes out Sunday night!
PuppyToes
PuppyToes

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:46 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:Morning.  Beautiful day here.  Ran errands, took a walk through Riverfront Park, another walk through the "hood".  Mulch delivery scheduled here in 15 then I'll lay down 30 bags in one of my front beds.  After that a little down time before making a cedar plank hickory maple salmon later for dinner.
hey Aug..how was the Salmon?? sounded delicious
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:47 pm

PuppyToes wrote:Hello everyone. Taking hubby out to eat for his birthday and having a crawfish boil on Saturday. Just having a few neighbors over. We’ve been to LA and had a few boils for friends. Got two beers on tap and found a radio station in New Orleans that live streams so we’re ready to go. Hope wx is cooperative. Garbage goes out Sunday night!
Hiya PT, misses ya around here..here's wishing Hubby a Happy Birthday Ok!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next