Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

blog  florida  chat  

CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

+4
JRnOldsmar
severstorm
waterdipper
LargoFL
8 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 Empty Re: CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:37 pm

my god what a Horrible Train derailment in Washington state...Multiple people killed..its all over the news now...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 4 Empty Re: CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:00 pm

just saw on the news 5 train cars derailed, in some of the damaged cars they cant get inside to get the people out or see how bady hurt they are,cars dcame down on the highway,most dangling down geez...what a horrible thing to have happen.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:04 pm

just saw some of this MAY reach the panhandle and northern florida...they still are unsure where its going to stall out and how far into Florida it will come...stay tuned folks.......................................................Day 3 Convective Outlook
NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK
0141 AM CST Mon Dec 18 2017

Valid 201200Z - 211200Z

...THERE IS A MARGINAL RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS PARTS OF
MISSISSIPPI...ALABAMA AND GEORGIA...

...SUMMARY...
Scattered thunderstorms are forecast to move eastward from central
Mississippi into north-central Georgia on Wednesday. The convection
may be accompanied by a marginal tornado and strong wind-gust
threat.

...Mississippi/Alabama/Georgia...
An upper-level trough will move eastward from the Arklatex across
Mississippi and Alabama on Wednesday. At the surface, a cold front
is forecast to advance eastward from the lower Mississippi Valley
into the central Gulf Coast States. Ahead of the front, a moist
airmass will be in place with surface dewpoints in the 60s F.
Scattered convection is forecast to be ongoing at 12Z on Wednesday
in central Mississippi along the western edge of a 40 to 50 kt
low-level jet. This convection is forecast to move into
north-central Alabama by midday and into north-central Georgia in
the afternoon. Forecast soundings along this corridor from late
morning into the afternoon show MLCAPE values in the 250 to 500 J/kg
range with 0-6 km shear of 60 to 70 kt. This should be enough for a
marginal severe threat. Forecast soundings also show 0-1 km shear at
or above 30 kt which should be sufficient for a marginal tornado
threat. A potential may also exist for strong wind gusts.

..Broyles.. 12/18/2017
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:11 pm

well beautiful day temp wise and sunshine wise here by my area today, I hope the same goes for Your area's...........good night folks!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks Largo. I always look forward to your updates. Super busy week Sad

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:01 am

very foggy here by my area this morning,drive carefully everyone...........Good Tuesday Morning folks,gee traffic by me here is really Heavy...is it the same where You live?....I guess Holiday gift buying added to the normal upsurge in northern folks coming here for the winter stay is the WHY of it all........well supposedly after this heavy fog burns off its going to be another nice warm dry day ahead..enjoy...have a great day folks!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:01 am

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL
441 AM EST Tue Dec 19 2017

...AREAS OF DENSE FOG DEVELOPING ACROSS WEST CENTRAL AND
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA...

.Areas of dense fog are developing across west central and
southwest Florida early this morning. Visibilities have dropped
to less than a quarter mile in some areas, and the fog is expected
to continue to develop and expand in coverage through the early
morning hours.

FLZ043-050-052-056-057-061-139-142-148-149-151-155-160-162-165-
239-242-248-249-251-255-260-262-265-191400-
/O.NEW.KTBW.FG.Y.0020.171219T0941Z-171219T1400Z/
Sumter-Pinellas-Polk-Hardee-Highlands-DeSoto-Coastal Levy-
Coastal Citrus-Coastal Hernando-Coastal Pasco-
Coastal Hillsborough-Coastal Manatee-Coastal Sarasota-
Coastal Charlotte-Coastal Lee-Inland Levy-Inland Citrus-
Inland Hernando-Inland Pasco-Inland Hillsborough-Inland Manatee-
Inland Sarasota-Inland Charlotte-Inland Lee-
Including the cities of Wildwood, Lake Panasoffkee, Bushnell,
The Villages, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Lakeland,
Winter Haven, Wauchula, Bowling Green, Zolfo Springs, Sebring,
Avon Park, Placid Lakes, Arcadia, Cedar Key, Yankeetown,
Crystal River, Homosassa, Hernando Beach, Bayport, Port Richey,
Hudson, Tampa, Apollo Beach, Westchase, Bradenton,
Anna Maria Island, Venice, Sarasota, Englewood, Port Charlotte,
Punta Gorda, Cape Coral, Captiva, Sanibel, Chiefland, Bronson,
Williston, Inverness, Brooksville, Spring Hill, Dade City,
Zephyrhills, Brandon, Plant City, Sun City Center, Parrish,
Lakewood Ranch, Myakka City, North Port, Babcock Ranch,
Fort Myers, and Lehigh Acres
441 AM EST Tue Dec 19 2017

...DENSE FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST THIS MORNING...

The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL has
issued a Dense Fog Advisory, which is in effect until 9 AM EST
this morning.

* VISIBILITY...A quarter of a mile or less.

* IMPACTS...Hazardous driving conditions will result from low
visibilities.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Dense Fog Advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving, slow down,
use your low beam headlights, and leave plenty of distance ahead
of you.

&&

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 am

JOHN be careful driving...........................There are an unknown number of people suffering serious injuries after a pickup truck and car collided on a foggy US Highway 98, causing the roadway to close on Tuesday morning, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Jenny-WD-Aug...all you folks north of Tampa bay and I-4..you folks all have possible rain chances Wednesday-Thursday with that Front stalling out by the FLA/GA border area...good Luck up there.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:23 pm

LargoFL wrote:John hope this is gone by the time you drive home..good luck over there.

May he RIP. One of the best Weather Channel hurricane experts when I was growing up. I know you were taking a different angle Largo but I couldn't resist.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:18 am

StAugustineFL wrote:
LargoFL wrote:John hope this is gone by the time you drive home..good luck over there.

May he RIP.  One of the best Weather Channel hurricane experts when I was growing up.  I know you were taking a different angle Largo but I couldn't resist.
lol yeah he was good alright . whew that FOG was sure heavy yesterday around the bay area,just walked my dogs and its around but not as bad as yesterday...so far anyway...hey Aug..i hope you get some rain up there next few days!! good luck ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:36 am

Good Wednesday Morning folks!!..I guess with all this FOG around..i'll perk the Blogs COFFEE to warm ya all up before enduring your foggy trips to work etc ..drive safely ok.....well other than fog,only weather issue will be our watching the front getting close to or maybe into our northern counties today and tomorrow..no big deal they say but maybe some showers..good luck...well have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:37 am

Question...how many here take the week off between Christmas and New years?..myself I almost always when I could..i saved a weeks vacation from my job for just that week.....do any of you?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 am

LargoFL wrote:Good Wednesday Morning folks!!..I guess with all this FOG around..i'll perk the Blogs COFFEE to warm ya all up before enduring your foggy trips to work etc ..drive safely ok.....well other than fog,only weather issue will be our watching the front getting close to or maybe into our northern counties today and tomorrow..no big deal they say but maybe some showers..good luck...well have a great day everyone!

Thanks for the coffee, Largo. The fog was interesting this morning. It came down to around the tree tops, so it was like driving through a tunnel most of the way to work. Yesterday was very heavy. Couldn't see tail-lights just 100 yards ahead -- and some folks were driving w/o their lights on.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:55 am

LargoFL wrote:Question...how many here take the week off between Christmas and New years?..myself I almost always when I could..i saved a weeks vacation from my job for just that week.....do any of you?

I'll be in Jax all next week, and only have to check-in once or twice a day, to keep up. I'll be smokin' pig all day Sunday. I typically use my vaca for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Training, and extending long weekends (Memorial, Independence, Labor Days). The holidays are all in Jax now-a-days, with the folks nearing 80.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:00 am

LargoFL wrote:Good Wednesday Morning folks!!..I guess with all this FOG around..i'll perk the Blogs COFFEE to warm ya all up before enduring your foggy trips to work etc ..drive safely ok.....well other than fog,only weather issue will be our watching the front getting close to or maybe into our northern counties today and tomorrow..no big deal they say but maybe some showers..good luck...well have a great day everyone!
Morning All,
Ok the fog was nuts. Yesterday and this am. You couldn't see 50 yrds. At 5am being dark made it worse and no street lights out my way. We made it threw ok.
Looks like Christmas day could be a little wet???????
Have a great day
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:03 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:
LargoFL wrote:Question...how many here take the week off between Christmas and New years?..myself I almost always when I could..i saved a weeks vacation from my job for just that week.....do any of you?

I'll be in Jax all next week, and only have to check-in once or twice a day, to keep up.  I'll be smokin' pig all day Sunday.  I typically use my vaca for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Training, and extending long weekends (Memorial, Independence, Labor Days).  The holidays are all in Jax now-a-days, with the folks nearing 80.

I like to take the time off for Christmas when I can. I rotate with my supervisors so they can spend time at that time of year also.
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:04 am

severstorm wrote:
Morning All,
Ok the fog was nuts. Yesterday and this am. You couldn't see 50 yrds. At 5am being dark made it worse and no street lights out my way. We made it threw ok.
Looks like Christmas day could be a little wet???????
Have a great day
John Z-hills
Hiya John,,good morning,yeah everyone is saying that same thing here by me too...Bad fog...yeah hoping for some rain here,sure could use it,,i bet its mostly north of I-4 but its early yet...have a great day ok!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:04 am

Gome...................NWS Mobile.....wed 12/20....................
NEAR TERM /Now Through Wednesday night/...A moderate southerly
windflow that has developed in advance of an approaching cold
front extending southwestward from NE LA to the southern tip of TX
has shut down any widespread dense fog development this morning.
A squall line has formed ahead of the frontal boundary and has
produced some spotty severe weather over LA. Trends show the
shortwave trough ejecting northeast with upper level dynamics then
expected to be weaker as the line moves into our area. SPC has
some of our area...generally west of the I-65 corridor...in a
marginal risk for severe weather with the greatest threat being
the potential for a few strong to severe wind gusts. Bulk shear
and high dewpoints are favorable but low-level lapse rates, poor
instability, and weakening upper-level dynamics favor non-severe with
perhaps a strong gust or two. So generally expecting widely
scattered showers out ahead of the line and a band of heavy
showers and a few thunderstorms with the line. Expect the band of
storms to move over our SE Mississippi counties between 8 to 10 AM
this morning and to the I-65 corridor by around 11 AM and east of
the forecast area by mid afternoon. Dense fog is not expected
tonight but some light and patchy radiational fog likely but
visibilities expected to stay generally above 1 mile.

The moderate to strong south to southwesterly fetch today and tidal
range will create a high risk of rip currents along our Gulf beaches
through this evening. /08

SHORT TERM /Thursday Through Friday night/...The short term
starts off dry as low-level moisture is scoured out by Wednesday`s
front and an upper ridge builds overhead. This stint of dry
weather will be brief, as surface high pressure builds back into
the eastern Gulf and onshore flow returns by the end of the day
Thursday. Rain chances then ramp back up Friday and Friday night,
particularly along and northwest of the I-65 corridor, as our
next cold front approaches the area from the northwest. With the
return of a warm and moist onshore flow, dense fog could once
again become an issue Thursday night across much of the area. /49

LONG TERM /Saturday Through Tuesday/...We return to muggy and wet
conditions over the weekend ahead of the aforementioned front,
which continues to sag south towards the area. At this time,
looking like instability remains mostly confined to the Gulf,
meaning mostly just showers across our area. However, with plenty
of upper-level forcing and another unusually warm and moist
airmass in place, could see some thunder mixed in at times. There
is still some uncertainty regarding the timing of the front itself,
with the ECMWF bringing it through late Sunday and the GFS a bit
quicker during Saturday night. In either case, a cool and dry north
flow follows the front and lasts into early next week, with
guidance suggesting clearing skies and highs in the 50`s on
Christmas Day. /49

MARINE...Areas of dense fog early this morning may impact
navigation. A cold front moving across our coastal waters today will
bring showers and isolated thunderstorms as well as moderate to
strong southwest to westerly windflow. Winds diminish this evening
but a southerly wind begins to strengthen again on Friday as a cold
front approaches from the northwest. A moderate to strong offshore
flow follows in the wake of the front Saturday night. /08

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:53 am

well almost 9am here and fog's all gone now here by me..looks like a real nice day ahead for us.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:29 am

ok getting overcast here by me,guess that north Florida front is getting closer.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am

Jenny and Aug you might get some of this,good luck on any rain ok..........................Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Jacksonville FL
947 AM EST Wed Dec 20 2017

.UPDATE...Cancelled dense fog advisory early as fog has lifted
quickly as sw winds increase. Fog will likley linger at the coast
north of Jacksonville and over the waters til around noon. Expect
breezy and warm conditions this afternoon. Isolated showers and
thunderstorms possible over interior se Ga later this afternoon
ahead of approaching cold front.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:33 am

Panama city area 7-day has highs in the 50's comes Monday/tuesday
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 am

clipped this from mikes weather page................................Models still bouncing around how far south flurries might fall with our second front around Christmas... but I did handpick this AM's 06z GFS from tropicaltidbits.com for those hoping! Still looks like a big dose of cold could dip into the SE after the big day (or even on)... with 40's maybe into middle Florida with freezing temps in the northern Gulf regions. www.spaghettimodels.com / www.mikesweatherpage.com / Mikes Weather Page APP
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:41 am

yes 6Z GFS has fridged temps for 1st week of January panhandle and north florida and 30's even into central florida..but that's several weeks away and things can change..but for folks here who want winter..its coming LOL.....sure is a strange weather pattern for sure this year.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:43 pm

and some good news with this coming front for the Tallahassee area.........................(clipped)...............There are no significant Updraft Helicity tracks in our region,
indicating little if any potential for supercells or LEWPs. None
of the CAMs generate wind gusts near 50 kt in our region. It
appears that the broad and east-west orientation of the 850 mb
jet, the fairly unidirectional 0-6 km wind direction, and lack of
a surface baroclinic boundary in the forecast area will be key
limiting factors.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:46 pm

well NWS Jacksonville is putting your area AUG on a 30% chance for showers overnight and a 20% chance for tomorrow, we'll see it that verifies..good luck up there ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 pm

well suns back out here by me, ive things to do this afternoon..guess someone else can let us know how that front is when it gets close to northern florida?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Largo did you see the "Judgmental Map of Tampa Bay" on Mike's Weather Page? Thought it was kind of funny.

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:38 pm

StPeteFLwx wrote:Largo did you see the "Judgmental Map of Tampa Bay" on Mike's Weather Page?  Thought it was kind of funny.
LMAO st pete..im inbetween Canadians/retired people/strip malls LOLOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 pm

I think Mike's weather page is wonderful..I check it every day..wish he would join in with us here too, we sure could use him huh,i could be wrong but I think he's up in Oldsmar or somewhere close to that.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Good afternoon. Been busy catching up on work stuff to be well-positioned come the new year. So far, so good

I've never taken time off this time of year since I spend the time with my aunt who lives in Jax Beach. In a sense I almost get PTO w/o burning the vacay days since we get a few early releases during the significant holidays.

We'll need to meet up for an ale or two one of these days JR!
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:52 am

azardous Weather Outlook for South Florida
National Weather Service Miami FL
430 AM EST Thu Dec 21 2017

AMZ610-630-650-651-670-671-FLZ063-066>075-168-172>174-GMZ656-657-676-
212130-
Lake Okeechobee-Biscayne Bay-
Coastal waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL out 20 NM-
Coastal waters from Deerfield Beach to Ocean Reef FL out 20 NM-
Waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM-
Waters from Deerfield Beach to Ocean Reef FL from 20 to 60 NM
excluding the territorial waters of Bahamas-Glades-Hendry-
Inland Palm Beach-Metro Palm Beach-Coastal Collier-Inland Collier-
Inland Broward-Metro Broward-Inland Miami-Dade-Metro Miami-Dade-
Mainland Monroe-Coastal Palm Beach-Coastal Broward-Coastal Miami-
Dade-Far South Miami-Dade-
Coastal waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL out 20 NM-
Coastal waters from East Cape Sable to Chokoloskee FL out 20 NM-
Waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM-
430 AM EST Thu Dec 21 2017

...Patchy fog interior and west early this morning...

This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Visibility: Patchy dense fog is possible early this morning until
after sunrise across most of South Florida. More widespread fog is
possible across interior and western portions of South Florida.
Visibility may fall below one quarter mile at times in some
locations. Similar conditions are expected late tonight.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY

Fog development is possible across South Florida again each night
through at least Saturday night. Locally dense conditions are
possible at times.

LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:56 am

Good Thursday Morning folks!..well all the Florida NWS's discussions this early morning are warning of Dense fog thru sunrise...drive safely folks!.....no real heavy fog here by me yet..but you can just feel the moisture in the air here on the coast,northern florida keep an eye out on that front up there...I hope its just a few showers..the next front coming might come downstate..we'll see how this plays out....have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:33 am

StAugustineFL wrote:We'll need to meet up for an ale or two one of these days JR!

Agreed, Aug. I'm always up for an ale or two or three... I've heard you have some new breweries that I need to check out. I usually drag my sis out to go with me. The only other family member that drinks beer.

In Jax Beach, you should check out Engine 15 on Beach Blvd. They've got a killer brown ale.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 am

LargoFL wrote:I think Mike's weather page is wonderful..I check it every day..wish he would join in with us here too, we sure could use him huh,i could be wrong but I think he's up in Oldsmar or somewhere close to that.

You're right about Mike being in Oldsmar, Largo. He's right by my commute and local bike trail.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:
LargoFL wrote:I think Mike's weather page is wonderful..I check it every day..wish he would join in with us here too, we sure could use him huh,i could be wrong but I think he's up in Oldsmar or somewhere close to that.

You're right about Mike being in Oldsmar, Largo.  He's right by my commute and local bike trail.
good morning JR,yes it would be great if he joined us in here every now and then.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 am

well just came back from Clearwater beach,i like to cruise around down there taking in the sights..looks like a lot of out of town visitors there,good for the businesses there too.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:14 am

Short Term Forecast

Short Term Forecast
National Weather Service Melbourne FL
614 AM EST THU DEC 21 2017

AMZ550-552-555-570-572-575-FLZ041-044>047-053-054-058-059-064-141-
144-147-211500-
Coastal Volusia-Flagler Beach to Volusia-
Brevard County Line 20 NM to 60 NM Offshore-Flagler Beach to Volusia-
Brevard County Line Out to 20 NM-Indian River-Inland Volusia-Martin-
Northern Brevard-Northern Lake-Okeechobee-Orange-Osceola-
Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter Inlet 20 NM to 60 NM Offshore-
Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter Inlet Out To 20 NM-Seminole-
Southern Brevard-Southern Lake-St. Lucie-Volusia-
Brevard County Line to Sebastian Inlet 20 NM to 60 NM Offshore-
Volusia-Brevard County Line to Sebastian Inlet Out to 20 NM-
614 AM EST THU DEC 21 2017

.NOW...

...Brief Showers Moving South Into Central Florida...

A frontal boundary approaching the area will bring a small chance of
showers this morning north of Interstate 4...then spreading
south toward metro Orlando to the Space Coast by mid-morning. Under
partly to mostly cloudy skies there will be some areas of fog
reducing visibility to around one to two miles through 9 Am across
some Space and Treasure coast locations.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:15 am

Thu Dec 21 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

...FOG IMPACT...
Patchy to areas of fog is in place this morning across the area
including over the coastal waters and is again expected later
tonight with visibilities reduced to less than 1 mile in some
locations. If driving, slow down, use your low beam headlights,
and leave plenty of distance between you and the vehicle in front
of you if you encounter fog. The fog will lift shortly after
sunrise each morning.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Friday through Wednesday.

...FOG IMPACT...
Patchy to areas of fog will be possible during the late night and
early morning hours each day through the weekend.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$

Hubbard
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 am

good luck woth any showers Aug............NWS Jacksonville.......................Today: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:37 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Most of the rain is missing us to the north.  We’re getting a few sprinkles, that’s all
Good luck Aug.  I cannot remember the last time we’ve used the heat. We haven’t even checked it. Suppose we should.  
good morning Billsfan,models are beginning to say the 1st week of January might wake people up..temp wise brrrr LOL...we'll see how this plays out
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:59 am

NWS Tampa......Fri Dec 22 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

...FOG IMPACT...
Patchy to areas of fog is in place this morning with dense fog
mainly south of Interstate 4. Patchy to areas of fog is again
expected later tonight with visibilities reduced to less than 1
mile in some locations. If driving, slow down, use your low beam
headlights, and leave plenty of distance between you and the
vehicle in front of you if you encounter fog. The fog will lift
shortly after sunrise each morning.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday.

...FOG IMPACT...
Patchy to areas of fog will be possible during the late night and
early morning hours each day through the weekend.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:03 am

Good Friday Morning folks!..a lil cool here this early Morning and a lot of Fog warnings around..drive safe ok........good warm up today..maybe 80-81 later today.....oh and..."its the Friday before Christmas and all thru the house...Nothing was stirring..not even a Mouse" LOL..if you haven't finished Xmas shopping, better hurry up huh.............have a great day folks...a lil longer weekend for you working folks..enjoy!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:20 am

hey st pete...I had to drive down there this morning, fog by me here is so very light, but down by you omg..could hardly see 2 cars in front of me all the way down us19...drive careful my friend.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:02 am

well GFS model says winter temps hits us 1st week of January maybe.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Largo-I sure hope you're right about the cooler weather coming. It was way too warm today.
Is everyone ready for Christmas?

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Good afternoon all. Christmas will be full of mixed emotions here. Been an awful lot of bad news in the family recently but also much to be thankful for.

Will chime in when able. I wish everyone an early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:29 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Good afternoon all.  Christmas will be full of mixed emotions here.  Been an awful lot of bad news in the family recently but also much to be thankful for.  

Will chime in when able.  I wish everyone an early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
and same to you and yours Aug..have a safe and enjoyable Holiday!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:30 am

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL
515 AM EST Sat Dec 23 2017

...DENSE FOG SPREADING ACROSS WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST
FLORIDA...

.Areas of dense fog have continued to develop and expand south
through west central and southwest Florida this morning.
Visibilities have dropped to less than a quarter mile in some
areas, and the fog could still continue to expand in coverage
through the early morning hours.

FLZ052-056-057-061-148-151-155-160-162-251-255-260-262-231400-
/O.EXA.KTBW.FG.Y.0023.000000T0000Z-171223T1400Z/
Polk-Hardee-Highlands-DeSoto-Coastal Hernando-
Coastal Hillsborough-Coastal Manatee-Coastal Sarasota-
Coastal Charlotte-Inland Hillsborough-Inland Manatee-
Inland Sarasota-Inland Charlotte-
Including the cities of Lakeland, Winter Haven, Wauchula,
Bowling Green, Zolfo Springs, Sebring, Avon Park, Placid Lakes,
Arcadia, Hernando Beach, Bayport, Tampa, Apollo Beach, Westchase,
Bradenton, Anna Maria Island, Venice, Sarasota, Englewood,
Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Brandon, Plant City,
Sun City Center, Parrish, Lakewood Ranch, Myakka City,
North Port, and Babcock Ranch
515 AM EST Sat Dec 23 2017

...DENSE FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST THIS MORNING...

The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL has
issued a Dense Fog Advisory, which is in effect until 9 AM EST
this morning.

* VISIBILITY...A quarter of a mile or less.

* IMPACTS...Hazardous driving conditions will result from low
visibilities.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Dense Fog Advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving...slow down...
use your headlights...and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.

&&

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next