Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

chat  florida  blog  

CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

+4
JRnOldsmar
severstorm
waterdipper
LargoFL
8 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 Empty Re: CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

Post by LargoFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:34 am

Good Foggy Saturday Morning folks!! well once the fog burns off,looks to be a nice warm day ahead for us...traffic around my area has been really heavy and add to that a whole LOT of out of state cars..gotta Love this holiday because its a Family get together Holiday huh..well enjoy this time together folks....well have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 Empty Re: CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:53 am

Morning. My Christmas shopping has been done for some time now but I've been procrastinating with some gift wrapping. I'll need to get that done today. Warm weekend up here with highs of 80'ish today/tomorrow then no higher than 70 through Friday.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am

Looks like we may be done with the fog for awhile once the next front passes. Seems it's been foggy every morning for the past week.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:35 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Looks like we may be done with the fog for awhile once the next front passes.  Seems it's been foggy every morning for the past week.
yes it sure has Aug..although not too bad by me here earlier..fog's gone now..suns full out.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:47 pm

gee this is happening just about every week now huh........................Motorcyclist killed in crash in Tampa,this person crashed into a tree this early morning and died.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:07 pm

CMC model has real low temps for last day of December here....noon time in the 30's??..good thing its a Sunday huh...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:58 pm

good Sunday Morning folks!! and its Christmas Eve..."all thru the house,nothing was stirring,not even a mouse" lol have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by LargoFL on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:03 pm

WD..the NWS update on this afternoons FOG up by you says it may last untill 5pm up there..good luck ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:45 am

Morning. For those who like or miss a white Christmas my folks in SE Iowa and brother in north central Missouri are getting snow. Possibly 6" for my folks and 3" for my brother. It'll stick around for awhile since it won't get out of the teens and 20's for highs this week.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:01 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Morning.  For those who like or miss a white Christmas my folks in SE Iowa and brother in north central Missouri are getting snow.  Possibly 6" for my folks and 3" for my brother.  It'll stick around for awhile since it won't get out of the teens and 20's for highs this week.
good morning Aug, yeah quite a snowstorm up in the north alright...here just a lot of Fog this morning.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:04 am

and for a lot of states this snowfall is a good thing, it replenishes many water supplies up there when it melts.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:26 am

No fog here today but it is overcast.  I celebrate Christmas today since I need to share time with the ex-wife and now my daughter's boyfriends mom.  I'll pick up my daughter and grandson in a few hours then head to my aunts in Jax Beach to spend the afternoon, open gifts, and have dinner.  Little guys first Christmas.  He won't know what's going on since he's only 6 months but it'll be fun nonetheless.  I need to pack up the trunk with the early delivery Santa made to my house.

blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 TB5ydmu
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:23 am

StAugustineFL wrote:No fog here today but it is overcast.  I celebrate Christmas today since I need to share time with the ex-wife and now my daughter's boyfriends mom.  I'll pick up my daughter and grandson in a few hours then head to my aunts in Jax Beach to spend the afternoon, open gifts, and have dinner.  Little guys first Christmas.  He won't know what's going on since he's only 6 months but it'll be fun nonetheless.  I need to pack up the trunk with the early delivery Santa made to my house.

blog - CLOSED 12-8 Florida/Alabama Blog - Southern Snow and Severe - Page 5 TB5ydmu
ok Aug a busy day ahead for you huh...and Merry Christmas to you and Yours.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:23 am

RGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL
811 AM EST Sun Dec 24 2017

...DENSE FOG BECOMING MORE WIDESPREAD ACROSS WEST CENTRAL AND
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA...

.Areas of shallow but very dense fog continue across portions of
west central and southwest Florida early this morning...mainly
from Sarasota county and northward. Visibilities are one quarter
mile or less in many areas. The dense fog is expected to persist
until around 10 AM before improvement begins.

FLZ043-050-052-139-142-148-149-151-155-160-239-242-248-249-251-
255-260-241500-
/O.EXT.KTBW.FG.Y.0024.000000T0000Z-171224T1500Z/
Sumter-Pinellas-Polk-Coastal Levy-Coastal Citrus-Coastal Hernando-
Coastal Pasco-Coastal Hillsborough-Coastal Manatee-
Coastal Sarasota-Inland Levy-Inland Citrus-Inland Hernando-
Inland Pasco-Inland Hillsborough-Inland Manatee-Inland Sarasota-
Including the cities of Wildwood, Lake Panasoffkee, Bushnell,
The Villages, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Lakeland,
Winter Haven, Cedar Key, Yankeetown, Crystal River, Homosassa,
Hernando Beach, Bayport, Port Richey, Hudson, Tampa,
Apollo Beach, Westchase, Bradenton, Anna Maria Island, Venice,
Sarasota, Englewood, Chiefland, Bronson, Williston, Inverness,
Brooksville, Spring Hill, Dade City, Zephyrhills, Brandon,
Plant City, Sun City Center, Parrish, Lakewood Ranch,
Myakka City, and North Port
811 AM EST Sun Dec 24 2017

...DENSE FOG ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THIS
MORNING...

* VISIBILITY...A quarter of a mile or less.

* IMPACTS...Hazardous driving conditions will result from low
visibilities.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Dense Fog Advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving...slow down...
use your headlights...and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.

&&

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:57 am

In looking at the models, it looks like Billsfan's area in south florida might get some showers on Christmas day from this sagging front down there.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:48 am

and sad news this morning.........Several people killed in plane crash at Bartow Airport, officials say
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:17 am

NWS Tampa 2 day disc..................SHORT TERM (Today through Monday)...
A broad mid level trough centered over eastern Canada will
sweep through the Mississippi River Valley and into the
eastern CONUS today and tonight. This trough is pushing
along a cold front that is moving through the Florida
Panhandle today, and will gradually work south into the
Florida Peninsula later today through Monday. Areas of fog,
some locally dense, have developed in the moist environment
ahead of this front, but widespread cirrus streaming across
much of the area has prevented the fog from becoming as
widespread as the previous couple of mornings. The fog will
need to be continually monitored through sunrise, and if it
does become more widespread, Dense Fog Advisories will be
issued. By mid morning, much of the fog will break up and
lift out of the area, although it is likely that a few
patches of fog will linger through the late morning or even
into the afternoon.

After the fog lifts out, warm conditions will hold through
the rest of the day, with winds gradually increasing over
the northern half of the Florida Peninsula ahead of the
approaching front. A band of showers moving along ahead of
the front is forecast to reach the Nature Coast by late
this afternoon and evening, but rain intensity is expected
to be light, and rain totals are likely to be no more than a
couple of tenths of an inch in any given location. These
showers will pass south through the rest of west central and
southwest Florida overnight, and will dissipate by early
Monday morning as the front clear south. Fog will be
expected again tonight in areas ahead of the front, but
increasing winds and drier air behind the front will clear
the fog out from north to south by around sunrise.

For Christmas Day, slightly cooler and drier air will fill
in behind the front, with high temperatures only topping out
around normal. Otherwise, breezy north winds will shift to
northeasterly by the afternoon as high pressure settles in
north of Florida.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:16 am

NWS Tampa........... Mon Dec 25 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

...MARINE IMPACTS...
Wind speeds over the eastern Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay are
increasing to around 20 to 25 knots behind a cold front moving
south through the area this morning. This is producing hazardous
boating conditions for operators of small craft. Winds and seas
will quickly subside this afternoon as high pressure builds in
north of the waters.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Tuesday through Sunday.

No hazardous weather is expected at this time.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$

Fleming
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:19 am

Good Monday morning folks and a MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......well I must have gotten a brief shower here overnight..street is sort of wet here..every drop counts huh...well enjoy the Holiday folks..weather wise no hazardous weather expected today.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:37 am

Merry Christmas all! Hope everyone has a great day. Christmas is much more than receiving gifts but does anyone have a special memory of any gift/s in particular (whether giving or receiving) that stick with you to this day? I have many but I'll share one. I was around 10 living in Missouri at the time. My sister and I walked up to the Hallmark store about a mile away. There was a plaque with a young boy and girl holding hands sitting on the beach overlooking the ocean with the caption "Life is the childhood of our immortality". It was my gift to my mother.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:09 pm

GFS model is saying New Years day will be a wet one for central and southern Florida...we'll see how this plays out,it backtracked on the really Cold temps it said earlier that would come...but still early yet on that...looks like several fronts coming down the pike.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:12 pm

CMC is saying temps in the mid 30's new years day central florida still...well lets see what happens..sure would seem like new years day IF indeed this happens huh..cant watch the ball falling with 80 degree temps huh..doesn't seem right LOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:47 pm

well my cut and paste stopped working cant post any model runs etc..grrrrr
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:04 am

Good Tuesday Morning folks!..well nice and cool here by me this morning but feels better than yesterday' because so far the breezes have died down..well anyway....Have a great day everyone! I guess some who travelled for Christmas may be returning home thru this week..some I think take off the week between Christmas and New Years huh...I also did that some years too.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:46 am

Morning All,
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!
Wow the fog on Sunday was the worst I have seen in many many years! 50 feet at best. Its 45 outside this morning at 5am. I will take it any time. Yes I see they are so so calling for something around next sunday.
Have a great day!!
John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:58 am

severstorm wrote:Morning All,
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!
Wow the fog on Sunday was the worst I have seen in many many years! 50 feet at best. Its 45 outside this morning at 5am. I will take it any time. Yes I see they are so so calling for something around next sunday.
Have a great day!!
John Z-hills
good morning John , yes we had a couple of real foggy mornings too here on the coast too,whew..yeah still a lot of uncertainty on this coming weekend and new years day between the GFS and EURO models..maybe by Thursday they will know better..im hoping its wetter,we need rainfall here............well have a great day ok!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:07 pm

yes latest GFS run has a pretty good rain event/with front on new years and possibly that Tuesday as well,still days away yet.lets see what the models say..on Friday or so huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:08 pm

model still having Cold temps for the 1st week of January
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:20 pm

I hope GFS is dead wrong for Jan 2nd...it has low 20's temps for noontime lol....HERE
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:50 pm

yes CMC model agree's,next week quite a BIG difference in temps from what we have been getting here...BRRR...break out the woolies LOL...old man winter is going to say HI..Im Back!! lol...................aw watch..temps will be in the 80's and sunny LOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:07 pm

LargoFL wrote:yes CMC model agree's,next week quite a BIG difference in temps from what we have been getting here...BRRR...break out the woolies LOL...old man winter is going to say HI..Im Back!! lol...................aw watch..temps will be in the 80's and sunny LOL

Im ready for the BRRRR and the rain. we need it!!
John Very Happy Very Happy

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:41 pm

severstorm wrote:
LargoFL wrote:yes CMC model agree's,next week quite a BIG difference in temps from what we have been getting here...BRRR...break out the woolies LOL...old man winter is going to say HI..Im Back!! lol...................aw watch..temps will be in the 80's and sunny LOL

Im ready for the BRRRR and the rain. we need it!!
John Very Happy Very Happy
hiya john..yeah rain we need, I dunno about 20's for temps so soon lol..sure wish we could adjust to lower temps slowly over a few weeks lil by lil but I guess IF this verifies..BRRR is right lol
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:42 pm

the models even have mid 30's way down in south florida that day..they have been used to 80 wow.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:43 pm

well we must remember..these are only model runs a week out and surely can change in one day so we'll see how this plays out.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi everyone. Boy did I not want to get out of bed and go to work today. Tough jumping back into the swing the day after Christmas.
Had some rain last night. Probably close to an inch. The lawn loved it.
Those temps sound way too cold. Even though we could use it to kill pythons etc...

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:54 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Hi everyone. Boy did I not want to get out of bed and go to work today. Tough jumping back into the swing the day after Christmas.
Had some rain last night.  Probably close to an inch.  The lawn loved it.  
Those temps sound way too cold.  Even though we could use it to kill pythons etc...
Hiya Billsfan!! glad your back here after the Holiday,real glad you got some good rain there.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:51 am

NWS Tampa..... Wed Dec 27 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest
Florida.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

...DENSE FOG/SMOKE IMPACT...
Visibilities will frequently be reduced to less than one quarter
mile. If driving...slow down...use your low beam headlights...and
leave plenty of distance between you and the vehicle in front of
you.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday.

No hazardous weather is expected at this time.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed today.

$$

Wynn
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:52 am

Hey John..I just read there is a movement in your city to Change its name?..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:54 am

Good Wednesday Morning Folks! cool this early morning outside but not too bad..breezes have died down............well a nice day ahead for us.....enjoy...have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:53 am

just heard local met on TV hinting at MUCH cooler temps next week...
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:46 am

LargoFL wrote:Hey John..I just read there is a movement in your city to Change its name?..

Havent heard a thing about it.
Will do some checking

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:56 am

severstorm wrote:
LargoFL wrote:Hey John..I just read there is a movement in your city to Change its name?..

Will do some checking
ok a comment about it is on baynews9
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 am

well its warming up outside now, I can take the sweater off lol...I cannot believe all those sub zero temps up in the northern states OMG.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 am

in the years where winter gets really brutal up north..here OUR traffic gets heavier,half the north..comes down here to excape the cold lol
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:07 am

severstorm wrote:

Will do some checking
John ..here is the story from baynews9..............PASCO COUNTY --
Pasco County Commissioners are exploring changing the name of Holiday as part of a re-branding effort.
Effort to draw attention to area improvements
Name change process initiated Nov. 28
West Pasco Chamber of Commerce support?
"A lot of great things are happening in the Holiday area," said Commissioner Kathryn Starkey. "We're getting ready to landscape the 19 corridor, we've taken down a lot of the blighted buildings, so it's an area that's changing."
Starkey said bringing attention to those improvements is part of the goal.
Commissioners approved initiating the name change process at their Nov. 28 meeting. Stakeholder meetings, a review of historical records and other data, and public outreach to determine if there's interest are just part of what's expected to be included in the lengthy process.
"Obviously, there's a reputation up and down all of 19, but so does Pinellas County have areas, so does Tampa have areas," said West Pasco Chamber of Commerce President Chip Wichmanowski. "So, any steps that you can take to re-brand it that maybe draws people in, but we're very excited about some of the businesses in the area that have improved."
Wichmanowski said it's too early in the process to determine whether the chamber will support the effort.
"I like the name," he said of 'Holiday', "but I'd also have to look at what the other name would be, and if it's going to be better for the community and better for the businesses and better for the area, then I'm all for it."
According to meeting records, the earliest the county can apply to the U.S. Census for a name change is 2019. After that, a USPS boundary review process can take until 2020.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:18 am

NWS Tallahassee..(snow or sleet)?..........................LONG TERM [Friday Night Through Wednesday]...

Broad troughing aloft and ridging at the surface will prevail
through the weekend, with the exception of another lee surface
trough pushing southwest through the region on Sunday. No rain
is expected through the weekend. A potent shortwave is forecast to
move through the central CONUS and Southeast early next week in
the GFS, CMC, & UKMET solutions. The 26.12 ECMWF is an outlier
with a much less amplified eastern CONUS trough and a closed low
moving through the Four Corners region. While the ECMWF remains in
the long-term ensembled forecast, the forecast is weighted a
little heavier on the colder solutions. In the colder scenarios we
could see an area of low pressure moving through the northeast
Gulf on Monday, with cold rain over the local area. The mixed
precip line will be close to the region before the rain comes to
an end so the potential for a changeover to snow or sleet will
need to be monitored over the next several days. Behind the rain,
the coldest airmass of the season thus far would be expected if
the ECMWF doesn`t verify, with lows possibly dipping into the low
20s in spots. Stay tuned...

LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:40 am

gome's area could see single digit temps next week whew...old man winter is gonna ring our bells for new years huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Hiya everyone! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I've been MIA for awhile with a family health issue, but should be around a tad more now.

I'm looking forward to the cold snap that is forecast next week - it will be nice to have a fire (if I am home to enjoy it). Fortunately, all of my seedlings that have been left outside the past several weeks made it and didn't take a hit from that last little cold snap. I will probably need to move them so they don't get burned with the possible 30's that will be close.

I usually get spared the real cold temps since I am close to the water, but you never know. :-)
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm

LargoFL wrote:
severstorm wrote:

Will do some checking
Pasco County Commissioners are exploring changing the name of Holiday as part of a re-branding effort.
"A lot of great things are happening in the Holiday area," said Commissioner Kathryn Starkey. "We're getting ready to landscape the 19 corridor, we've taken down a lot of the blighted buildings, so it's an area that's changing."
Commissioners approved initiating the name change process at their Nov. 28 meeting. Stakeholder meetings, a review of historical records and other data, and public outreach to determine if there's interest are just part of what's expected to be included in the lengthy process.
"Obviously, there's a reputation up and down all of 19, but so does Pinellas County have areas, so does Tampa have areas," said West Pasco Chamber of Commerce President Chip Wichmanowski. "So, any steps that you can take to re-brand it that maybe draws people in, but we're very excited about some of the businesses in the area that have improved."
Wichmanowski said it's too early in the process to determine whether the chamber will support the effort.
"I like the name," he said of 'Holiday', "but I'd also have to look at what the other name would be, and if it's going to be better for the community and better for the businesses and better for the area, then I'm all for it."
According to meeting records, the earliest the county can apply to the U.S. Census for a name change is 2019. After that, a USPS boundary review process can take until 2020.

Largo I live 4 miles north of Zephyrhills that was holiday on the coast.

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:49 pm

severstorm wrote:
LargoFL wrote:
severstorm wrote:

Will do some checking

Largo I live 4 miles north of Zephyrhills that was holiday on the coast.
ok thanks john,dunno why I confused the 2 cities lol..must be the holidays LOLOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next