Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
Late January through February outlook - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
Late January through February outlook - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
Late January through February outlook - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
Late January through February outlook - Page 5 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
Late January through February outlook - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
Late January through February outlook - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
Late January through February outlook - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
Late January through February outlook - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

blog  chat  florida  

Late January through February outlook

+5
BillsfaninSoFla
JRnOldsmar
severstorm
StAugustineFL
waterdipper
9 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Empty Re: Late January through February outlook

Post by LargoFL Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:53 am

Good Luck down there Billsfan..hope this storm system eases the drought down there for you folks!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Empty Re: Late January through February outlook

Post by LargoFL Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:30 am

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Fl_rain_today
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:37 am

Good morning. What a difference a day makes. Up until yesterday it seemed the rain was going to be primarily confined to the southern third of the peninsula. Now seems the entire peninsula is in for .5 - 3" depending on location. My forecast yesterday had a 20% chance of a shower for tomorrow. Now rain tomorrow afternoon/night with forecast totals around 1"
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:05 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Good morning.  What a difference a day makes.  Up until yesterday it seemed the rain was going to be primarily confined to the southern third of the peninsula.  Now seems the entire peninsula is in for .5 - 3" depending on location.  My forecast yesterday had a 20% chance of a shower for tomorrow.  Now rain tomorrow afternoon/night with forecast totals around 1"
yes indeed ..good morning AUG...it may be the actual LOW crosses florida bringing its rains farther northward as it heads to the ATL..i give credit to the GFS..it foretold this a week ahead of time..the storm i mean for Billsfan's area..the rains coming up here has fooled everyone lol
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:07 am

well 45 here now and in walking outside its like walking into a meat freezer brrrr.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:16 am

I'm gonna follow JR's lead and do some shrub trimming. There's a row of Oleanders running the length of one side of the house calling my name. it'll be cool in the beginning but once the juices start flowing should be an overall comfortable experience (and in full sun!)
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:19 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:I'm gonna follow JR's lead and do some shrub trimming.  There's a row of Oleanders running the length of one side of the house calling my name.  it'll be cool in the beginning but once the juices start flowing should be an overall comfortable experience (and in full sun!)
well once it warmed up some after noontime i did the cutting and raking all the lawn etc around the house etc..now im done and inside have a good day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:16 pm

Brrrr! 50’s and rainy. I’m about ready to throw some long johns on. lol.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:54 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Brrrr!     50’s and rainy.   I’m about ready to throw some long johns on.   lol.
LOL Billsfan!!..at least your getting some good rain down there at last huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:56 am

well dogs walked and dried off lol..its cold but not too bad 45 degree's and raining here by me.....Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Image13
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:58 am

wow 2-3 inches for most of us...some even more...................................................
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
315 AM EST Sun Jan 27 2019

.DISCUSSION...
A cloudy, wet and rather raw Florida winter day is expected today as
a widespread rainfall event is underway. Shortwave energy in the
Gulf will aid in the development of an area of low pressure that
will move south of the region over the next 24 hours. Dense cloud
cover is expected area wide today and the majority of the forecast
area has a 100 percent chance of rain, some of which could be
locally heavy. Expecting 2-3 inches of rain for much of the area
although some higher amounts are certainly possible. Temps today
will struggle to get out of the 50s.

As the system moves into the Atlantic, high pressure will move over
the area again on Monday and Tuesday before another cold front moves
through the area Tuesday night/Wednesday. Limited moisture will keep
only a slight chance of rain in the forecast with this feature.
Behind this, cool high pressure returns through the rest of the
period with temperatures gradually moderating closer to normal into
next weekend.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:01 am

Billsfan..you have alot of warnings down there today (sunday)..stay alert and safe ok....................Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Image1
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 am

well one GOOD thing about all these rain events we have been getting...this is our DRY season.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:05 am

ok please let us know about Your area weather wise ok..especially if you have any flooding or bad winds ok,.,,thanks....ok now where is the COFFEE lol..BBL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:25 am

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 St_pete_now
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:07 am

Morning. Very light rain falling. .04" thus far but it didn't start too long ago. Might rain non-stop for 24 hours for many. There's a tight gradient with the forecast totals here between quite a bit and next to nothing. I'm hoping for the quite a bit.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:15 am

NAM forecast rain totals through 7 AM tomorrow.

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 4DQhamo
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 am

good morning Aug, yeah cold and raining down here by me with about 18 mph winds with 25 mph gusts..i see with that graph you posted im supposed to get maybe 2.4 inches..thats great for me...but a cold rainy day ahead into tomorrow..makes for a good day INSIDE for me except for dogs walking from time to time..stay safe and dry up there ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:29 am

wow about 5 inches of rainfall around or near billsfan's area...thats alot but..it has been raining there since yesterday and this rain goes into monday mornong whew..wonder if there's a lil flooding down there with this??
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:35 am

You're in a good spot Largo. Most of it too should be a steady, persistent rain for hours on end. Just what the doctor ordered.

Not sure about flooding in SFL but I would not be surprised in the least with the amounts on top of what some areas already received.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:59 am

Very icky morning, but it's hard to complain about rain. Upper 40's, that should get into the lower 50's. Rain looks to be for most of the day. Steady third of an inch since 4am, which is perfect. Hoping for some breaks this afternoon.
Yesterday was really nice once the clouds broke in the early afternoon. Got everything done I was hoping for, and a little bit more.
Saved a few indoor tasks (yuck) and more grilling for today.
Hope everyone has a good day. I'm keeping my eyes on next weekend. I hope that forecast holds for the mid 70's.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:51 am

StAugustineFL wrote:You're in a good spot Largo.  Most of it too should be a steady, persistent rain for hours on end.  Just what the doctor ordered.

Not sure about flooding in SFL but I would not be surprised in the least with the amounts on top of what some areas already received.
oh yes, this is much needed rainfall for sure..although i dont remember 49-50 degree's feeling sooo cold lol..im staying indoors today for sure.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:52 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:Very icky morning, but it's hard to complain about rain.  Upper 40's, that should get into the lower 50's.  Rain looks to be for most of the day.  Steady third of an inch since 4am, which is perfect.  Hoping for some breaks this afternoon.  
Yesterday was really nice once the clouds broke in the early afternoon.  Got everything done I was hoping for, and a little bit more.
Saved a few indoor tasks (yuck) and more grilling for today.
Hope everyone has a good day.  I'm keeping my eyes on next weekend.  I hope that forecast holds for the mid 70's.
hiya JR yeah but im watching wens cold front..might be strong wind wise etc.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:55 am

NWS Miami...SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Widespread spotter activation is not anticipated, however individual
spotters are encouraged to report high wind, waterspouts, funnel
clouds, tornadoes, and flooding to the National Weather Service
forecast office in Miami.

For more information...visit the National Weather Service in
Miami website at www.weather.gov/miami.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:02 am

wow it might get very interesting just after midnight tonight..whew...thats alot of rain if it verifies...Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Fv3p_mslp_pcpn_us_3
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:05 am

yes Nam model is also saying tonight is a good night to be indoors whew.................................Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Namconus_ref_frzn_us_8
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:07 am

well it looks like the Nam model puts the actual LOW tonight/morning over or near Billsfan's area..............Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Namconus_ref_frzn_us_12
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:16 am

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Fl1
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:21 am

(clipped) NWS Miami disc.........Looking a little further into some of the dynamics, there is a
Theta E tongue of moisture that moves across South Florida late in
the afternoon, through the evening hours. The wind field appears
to develop into a veering profile aloft. CAPE is on the low side,
struggling to reach above 300 J/KG. This could make for a low CAPE
high shear environment, which could lead to the potential for
some severe weather later today, into the overnight hours,
especially from around Alligator Ally, south. There may be
somewhat of a more northerly intrusion of chances into the Palm
Beach County area along the coast. This analysis seems to be in
good agreement with SPC and the placement of the area into a
marginal risk of severe weather around the afore mentioned times.
This may be bolstered this evening with a frontal passage, which
currently looks to be between 02z and 08z tonight. However, there
is still a good amount of uncertainty with the timing.

The main threat with the system later today looks to be wind, with
possibly tornadic waterspouts, and possibly isolated tornadoes,
which SPC is placing at a 2 percent chance at this time. Moderate
to heavy rain is possible, but the risk of flooding over SOuth
Florida looks to be minimal at this time, although some ponding
of roadways can not be ruled out under any heavy showers that
develop.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 am

sure looks like WD's area this morning is getting some Good rainfall huh...............................Late January through February outlook - Page 5 1548597721
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for all the updates Largo and everyone. I dumped 3:25 inches from the gauge this afternoon. The sun is trying to peek through, I’m sure it’s short lived.

JR you asked the other day about my new job. Yes, it’s in the same field. I just hope it works out well. Thanks for asking.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Good luck, Bills. We have the same hope for you.

Picked up to a steady light rain here. Now exceeding an inch.

Just some minor plumbing, and my list is complete. Just in time to watch the Pro-bowl with my eyes closed!
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:56 pm

I did a bunch of laundry, bedsheets and all that, mopped the floor and now taking it easy. With a cold, adult beverage or two.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:22 pm

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 1548622441
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:23 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for all the updates Largo and everyone.  I dumped 3:25 inches from the gauge this afternoon.  The sun is trying to peek through, I’m sure it’s short lived.  

JR you asked the other day about my new job.  Yes, it’s in the same field.   I just hope it works out well.  Thanks for asking.
ah you DID get some good rainfall from this!! Im glad, i hope this eases the drought situation there!!

Last edited by LargoFL on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 1548623221
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:26 pm

well almost 4:30 pm and still raining here by me, I guess this will be going on all thru the evening and night huh..just might..hit that 2 inch mark??
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:31 pm

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Image15
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:34 pm

wow im sure glad our temps are staying above the freezing mark..wow what a snow storm THIS would have been huh...i seem to remember..1 inch of rain could reach 1 foot of snow?...imagine...how many inches will we be getting?.................................................On average, thirteen inches of snow equals one inch of rain in the US, although this ratio can vary from two inches for sleet to nearly fifty inches for very dry, powdery snow under certain conditions.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:37 pm

after i read that..somehow i dont mind an all day rain huh.....hmmm does walmart sell,....snow shovels here? LOL
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyToes Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Still raining here. Good day to do some baking and and catch up to yourself. I’ll take rain all day over the snow and cold
PuppyToes
PuppyToes

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:25 am

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 1548667561
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:28 am

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
220 AM EST Mon Jan 28 2019

.SHORT TERM (Today-Tuesday)...
Area of low pressure will exit off the east coast of
Florida this morning with skies gradually clearing across
the forecast area. High pressure will build over the Florida
peninsula today and tonight with cool dry air advecting
across the region. An area of low pressure will push across
the Great Lakes tonight and Tuesday with a trailing cold
front moving across the southeast U.S. and Florida. U/L
support will remain well north of the region with showers
ahead of the front gradually decreasing in areal coverage as
the front approaches west central Florida...with the best
chance of shower activity across the nature coast.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:32 am

Good Monday Morning Folks!!..well rain has stopped here by me and in walking outside its like an ice box out there whew..45 degree's but hardly a cloud in the sky here..it looks like all the rains have moved over to the upper east coast..good luck AUG getting some good morning rains....well have a great day everyone and good Luck on the new Job Billsfan!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:53 am

Good Monday morning. Looks like alll got a lot of rain this weekend. Well, neither the weatherman nor I saw the rain coming up this far north in FL, but rain is what I got. To the tune of 1.5" on Sunday. And it was a COLD rain. The high here yesterday was 45, and with the rain and wind it was a raw day to say the least. This morning the clouds have cleared out and the temp dropped to 37, but it is still really wet out and it feels quite a bit colder than it is.
This El Nino has really produced a lot of rainfall for my part of the state so far this winter. I have had 18.6" of rainfall since mid December! It is really wet all over the area and it looks like we have more coming this week. Temps look to moderate later this week, but I am going to hold off looking at anything more than a few days out as the models are having a hard time with the pattern.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:16 am

I forgot I did have some sort of frozen precip on Saturday AM. My kids were outside feeding animals around 9 AM when they came running in to say it was snowing. I skeptically went outside to see what it was as I knew it wasn't quite cold enough to snow as it was around 40 degrees out. When I got out to the porch I could hear something hard hitting the trees and the tin roof. I put my hands out and I caught a couple of very small ice pellets. They were white in color, not clear, and about half the size of a grain of rice. I went in to get my phone to take a picture, but unfortunately  it ended before I could do so. I am guessing it was very cold in the upper atmosphere and this was some tiny hail, but I am not quite sure. Anybody else have an idea what this could have been?

Last edited by waterdipper on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 am

waterdipper wrote:I am guessing it was very cold in the upper atmosphere and this was some tiny hail, but I am not quite sure. Anybody else have an idea what this could have been?

That would be my guess, light rain turned hail from higher elevation freezing. Interesting.

We got a steady two inches all day yesterday

Late January through February outlook - Page 5 Graph?agency_cd=USGS&site_no=02308870&parm_cd=00045&period=7

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 am

Tornado yesterday in Hialeah
7 News Miami

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 am

PuppyToes wrote:Still raining here. Good day to do some baking and and catch up to yourself. I’ll take rain all day over the snow and cold
LOL me too PT
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 am

waterdipper wrote:Good Monday morning. Looks like alll got a lot of rain this weekend. Well, neither the weatherman nor I saw the rain coming up this far north in FL, but rain is what I got. To the tune of 1.5" on Sunday. And it was a COLD rain. The high here yesterday was 45, and with the rain and wind it was a raw day to say the least. This morning the clouds have cleared out and the temp dropped to 37, but it is still really wet out and it feels quite a bit colder than it is.
This El Nino has really produced a lot of rainfall for my part of the state so far this winter. I have had 18.6" of rainfall since mid December! It is really wet all over the area and it looks like we have more coming this week. Temps look to moderate later this week, but I am going to hold off looking at anything more than a few days out as the models are having a hard time with the pattern.
yes it sure has been a wet season this year but im thankful for the rain in my area.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next