Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

chat  blog  florida  

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept

+4
BillsfaninSoFla
gomexwx
StAugustineFL
sangria
8 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Empty Re: Tropical Threats First Part of Sept

Post by gomexwx Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 am

sangria wrote:
gomexwx wrote:That shortwave is faster than predicted..I hope with tha zonal flow it dont dig much farther south..If it does stationary Katia could gain latitude and lift north and be pulled NE with that flow..

In chatting with someone this morning, I wondered why there was no forecasted effect on Katia from that shortwave.

because they are paying attention to Irma, I have been watching Katia since she was a cloud. Climatology alone dictates pay attention for this time of the year for anything in that area...
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Empty Re: Tropical Threats First Part of Sept

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:58 am

NHC SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:

A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Jupiter Inlet southward around the Florida peninsula to Bonita
Beach
* Florida Keys

A Hurricane Warning is in effect for...
* Dominican Republic from Cabo Engano to the northern border with
Haiti
* Haiti from the northern border with the Dominican Republic to Le
Mole St. Nicholas
* Southeastern Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands
* Central Bahamas
* Northwestern Bahamas

A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* Jupiter Inlet southward around the Florida peninsula to Bonita
Beach
* Florida Keys
* Lake Okeechobee
* Florida Bay
* Cuba from Matanzas province eastward to Guantanamo province
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:07 am

now the Nam Model brings Irma into south florida.......................................Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Nam_mslp_uv850_us_29
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:08 am

we may not know the true track until sometime Saturday or maybe Friday evening huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:09 am

well I'm putting up my plwood over the windows etc tomorrow even if it does go up the east coast, this storm is Huge in size,all of us get a piece of her.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:02 pm

power outage prediction.......................................................................................................Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 DJIaVBVUMAEcF_G
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:17 pm

oh how I wish this would verify for this area by me.......................................Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 322d9c16c3ee6af0cad3163e98fcc29651574064a9b0861ee76dc9cc4186adc9
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Gem_mslp_uv850_us_15
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Ee1b1df98d4bf1e743d68e96762ddc3a6881d9e6f003deb4abf8c658df899c93
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:54 pm

gee Billsfan, I sure hope the storm moves more eastward into the atlantic..stay safe down there ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:57 pm

well today there's 3-4 models that bring it into florida and go some ways up the state before moving NE..tomorrow may say something different,if your in the cone..thats what you make your decisions on..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:56 pm

The timing of the turn is going to be critical.  East coast looks most at risk now.  We shall see what tomorrow brings.  

Bills - you are batting leadoff.  I sincerely hope 1) the storm weakens by the time it approaches you, 2) it turns east, or 3) you dodge the eyewall.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Pinellas evacuating Zone A..all the coastal area's around the county and the real low lying area's
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:44 pm

12Z Euro now brings Irma up the middle of Florida..a mega hurricane
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by gomexwx Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:45 pm

The Euro shifted West...
gomexwx
gomexwx

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:46 pm

GFS and Euro both say Irma will get even Bigger when it gets around the Bahama's and tip of florida in that really hot water and hardly any windshear..folks we are maybe witnessing History in the making,,hope we all live thru this.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyToes Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Hey all. We've been busy taking outside decorations down trellises and our furniture inside the garage. I've been monitoring the site as well as latest wx info. Our nerves are frayed to say the least. Nobody around us is doing any outside preps but we are doing everything we can. Just took inside pix and now outside in a min. Lord keep us safe and in Your hands during the storm.
PuppyToes
PuppyToes

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:18 pm

PuppyToes wrote:Hey all. We've been busy taking outside decorations down trellises and our furniture inside the garage. I've been monitoring the site as well as latest wx info. Our nerves are frayed to say the least. Nobody around us is doing any outside preps but we are doing everything we can. Just took inside pix and now outside in a min. Lord keep us safe and in Your hands during the storm.
hi PT, some folks around me are doing their outside preps etc..im doing mine tomorrow if I can calm down some..glad your prepping also...those who heeded the warnings and prepared will survive this.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:19 pm

OMG 12Z Navgem model takes IRMA into the gulf and..into Tampa area Now.....Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_17
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi guys. I'm totally beyond worry at this point. Please pray for all of us.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyToes Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Holy cow! I just can't believe that nobody can figure out the system and identify its track so close to our landfall. There's a lot of folks that can be impacted by shift either way. Sad thing is it won't give people much time. I wonder how long it's gonna take for her to come over the house.
PuppyToes
PuppyToes

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyToes Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Irma you're a pain in the butt. I'm emotionally drained and she's not here yet. First storm for me so I'm scared to death. Freaking out!
PuppyToes
PuppyToes

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyToes Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm praying for everyone. Minimum hassle and damage. When you see Irma, formidable might be the word but you know she's coming and she's bringing her attitude let's hope she'll be fickle
PuppyToes
PuppyToes

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:47 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Hi guys.  I'm totally beyond worry at this point.  Please pray for all of us.
you got the prayers Billsfan,hope you get thru this safe ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:13 pm

My prayers and thoughts go out for everyone, and constantly for BillsFan and our neighbors on the Gold Coast.

Where will she go? Am I wrong in thinking that best case for all is up the FL spine (other than ots, of course)? Certainly scrape Cuba a bit (no offense intended). The most possible land interaction, centered on the least population?

Random thought: Are they dumping Okeechobee?

JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:50 pm

PT: You've got mail.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:36 am

well I'm hoping,since I'm staying put here..that by the time it reaches my area it weakens some overland down to a cat 3 or maybe cat-2.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

San..are you also staying home thru this?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:44 am

JR will you be home thru Irma too?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:11 am

Good morning everyone Very Happy

No changes to speak of with the 5am advisory.  Euro still likes west and GFS still likes a bit further east. The hurricane model, the HWRF, is in line with the GFS.   Until the "actual" turn occurs we can speculate all we want, but that turn is paramount to where Irma ends up tracking north.  

There is also a chance that she will have some interplay with Cuba as she moves west today, and that could impact her intensity. (from our mouths to God's ears).  

I hope everyone has prepared or evacuated as needed.  If you are still in need of gas because you couldn't find any, there is an app called Gas Buddy that you can download to your phone (both android and iphone).  This app is updating in real time with which stations have gas in your area.  It is very simple to use (my neighbor showed it to me yesterday).

I'll be heading out to top off the tank this morning and dare I say it, "Run into Wally World."  Yep!  I have to swing by there, but only to pick up an "order and pick up in store" battery operated fan.  I would have already gone, but you can't do a pick up until 8am....ugggh.

Try not to go blind watching the model runs and PLEASE don't pay attention to the hype on social media.  There are way too many reliable sources to get your information from.  

The latest visible loop of Irma, with another dangerous situation from Jose for the Leeward Islands behind her....  

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 JZTPwHb

Ta Ta For Now............
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:29 am

Morning. Sigh, not much longer til "showtime". I have mixed emotions about the slight west shift. If that track were to pan out, it puts east FL in the right front quad. So, not only winds but the right front quad is your tornado producer. Stay safe all.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 am

LargoFL wrote:JR will you be home thru Irma too?

JR is in Atlanta. Backup contingency for work. There's about 25 of us here, and another 10 in NJ. Just in case we lose our data center to Irma. I left early enough on Wednesday to miss most of the I-75 parking lot -- Still made it in about 7 hours.

I wish I was home. Sad
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:10 am

JRnOldsmar wrote:
LargoFL wrote:JR will you be home thru Irma too?

JR is in Atlanta.  Backup contingency for work.  There's about 25 of us here, and another 10 in NJ.  Just in case we lose our data center to Irma.  I left early enough on Wednesday to miss most of the I-75 parking lot -- Still made it in about 7 hours.

I wish I was home.  Sad
ok JR glad your in a safe place....local mets on TV are predicting..so far anyway..we may be on the west side of a cat-2 hurricane,possible 70-90 mph winds with higher gusts...still early yet, things could change..hope we get thru this in one piece..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:23 am

Track has shifted west.  Hurricane watches extended up both coasts.

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 09375110

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY:

The Storm Surge Warning has been extended from Jupiter Inlet
northward to Sebastian Inlet and from Bonita Beach northward to
Venice.

A Storm Surge Watch has been issued from north of Sebastian Inlet to
Ponce Inlet.

The Hurricane Watch has been extended northward along the east
coast of Florida to the Flagler/Volusia County Line, and along the
west coast of Florida to Anclote River.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:39 am

well Tampa Bay area is now under a hurricane watch
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:46 am

well some good news ..so far they think Irma will be down to a cat-1 hurricane up in central florida,but stay alert anyway, this storm loves to fool these experts huh
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:20 pm

LargoFL wrote:well some good news ..so far they think Irma will be down to a cat-1 hurricane up in central florida,but stay alert anyway, this storm loves to fool these experts huh

I'm keeping an eye on that. Current forecast from the NHC has 145mph at landfall in south FL then down to 75mph 24 hours later. Seems too quick a drop in intensity but we shall see. Now, that 75mph marker was a little to my WSW. I would think it'd still be packing 90-100mph when passing Tampa latitude.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:50 pm

big change in 2pm sat Euro..no it comes up the gulf coast oh no................Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Ecmwf_mslp_uv850_us_4
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:52 pm

this Hurricane has no intention of doing what these experts want it to do...prepare folks,this hurricane is going to affect the whole state. its so HUGE,larger than the whole state.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:13 pm

SAN GFS has the EYE of IRM either right over or very near Tampa bay...Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Gfs_mslp_uv850_us_12
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:14 pm

gee if this track holds thru tomorrow I'm really In for it,man this cant be happening.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:24 pm

well I'm guessing 90-100mph with higher gusts around tampa bay, any less and i'll be very thankful...folks around my block etc are finally listening and about half boarded up,maybe more will do it tomorrow...well sunday/Monday is my storm days so far...we'll see how this goes..just hope the roof holds.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 am

good sat morning folks...I cant say when this will begin but so far local mets think by the tampa bay area we will get to experience a Cat-3 hurricane,well I'm boarded up and supplied, today while there's still time I'm taking in anything that can blow around etc and getting ready to wait this out,hopefully power wont go out until sometime sunday..would be wonderful if it stayed on lol..but we know that wont happen...we ALL will get to experience this hurricane, its a monster sized storm huh..well lots to do today, take care my friends..hope we all get thru this without any injuries ok.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL11_ww1_1280x720
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 Ww0481_radar
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Good luck and be safe everyone!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyToes Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Hey all. Just wanted to say good luck and be safe. Get a good nights sleep tonight. My God protect us all
PuppyToes
PuppyToes

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Hope everyone rides this storm out well!  I will be evacuating in the morning, as I am in a mandatory evac area...uggh!!

Let us know how you fare by posting when you can.....  prayers for everyone and voodoo on Irma!!
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Area radars (all are static)..........

Key West:
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 40WqZmv

Miami:
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 IzMMAUZ

Tampa:
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 QxGQeV5

Jacksonville:
Tropical Threats First Part of Sept - Page 6 3gnyXoD
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Hope all fair well. Good luck, stay safe, and see ya on the other side.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next