Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

florida  blog  chat  

CLOSED 1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw!

+5
waterdipper
LargoFL
PuppyToes
sangria
StAugustineFL
9 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 Empty Re: CLOSED 1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw!

Post by StAugustineFL Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:55 pm

Good afternoon. Good conversation but it left me confused here/there.

Rain chances are on the increase and the Winter Olympics began. I generally enjoy the Winter Olympics over summer so should keep me entertained in my down time in the short-term future.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 Empty Re: CLOSED 1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw!

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Watching Curling right now. Love it.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm

Interesting discussion about gas prices.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:00 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Interesting discussion about gas prices.
yes it sure was Billsfan..the Blog was so slow lately, I'm glad folks joined in yesterday.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:02 am

Good early Friday morning folks and TGIF!! well mid 60's here by my area this morning, looks to be another Nice day ahead and only a 20% chance for a sprinkle of rain local met says...well enjoy!! have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 am

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
250 AM EST Fri Feb 9 2018

.SHORT TERM...
Certainly not going to feel like February today or for much
of the upcoming week for that matter. Despite mostly
cloudy skies throughout the day, temps will top out in the
upper 70s to mid 80s across the area today. Not only this,
but dewpoints will run in the middle 60s making it feel
quite muggy across the area, especially for early February.
High pressure north of the region will allow for an easterly
flow throughout the day. Ample low-level moisture streaming
in off the Atlantic combined with afternoon hearing should
allow for the development of a few showers during the
afternoon hours. Shower activity should be fairly limited
however along with total QPF. As we move into Saturday, more
of the same essentially although winds will become more
southeasterly as high pressure shifts a bit.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:10 am

well temps dropped into the mid 50's by me here , but sun  should start doing its thing thru the day,this breeze here is kinda cold..hope that goes away, I have a lot to do outside around the house.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 am

Looks like we need to change the title to FEB THAW. Looks like close to record high temps for next week. What happened to winter? Bastardi thinks it is coming back to the SE and Florida in the second half of February and last most of March. Some of the models are hinting at this, but they are having a hard time with a record strong MJO burst currently in the Pacific and also the sudden stratospheric warming event that has started. JB says these two events will most likely lead to colder than normal temps for the rest of winter and early spring for the eastern US. The climate prediction center says winter is over for the SE US. Who will be right?

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:34 am

waterdipper wrote:Looks like we need to change the title to FEB THAW. Looks like close to record high temps for next week. What happened to winter? Bastardi thinks it is coming back to the SE and Florida in the second half of February and last most of March. Some of the models are hinting at this, but they are having a hard time with a record strong MJO burst currently in the Pacific and also the sudden stratospheric warming event that has started. JB says these two events will most likely lead to colder than normal temps for the rest of winter and early spring for the eastern US. The climate prediction center says winter is over for the SE US. Who will be right?
thanks for the info WD..for myself I never trust March, it always holds surprises..we'll see as the days and weeks go by what happens, your right about the coming week..local met has 80+ all week long.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:34 am

temps here almost to 70 so far..sun is working its magic.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 am

waterdipper wrote:Looks like we need to change the title to FEB THAW. Looks like close to record high temps for next week. What happened to winter? Bastardi thinks it is coming back to the SE and Florida in the second half of February and last most of March. Some of the models are hinting at this, but they are having a hard time with a record strong MJO burst currently in the Pacific and also the sudden stratospheric warming event that has started. JB says these two events will most likely lead to colder than normal temps for the rest of winter and early spring for the eastern US. The climate prediction center says winter is over for the SE US. Who will be right?

Morning Waterdipper and all,
Your blog post is interesting to say the least. Winter coming back I read 2 places one was accu weather and the farmers alm. I will put my money there, I don't trust Climate predictions center. To general of a forecast for me. The other 2 break it down by smaller areas. JMO!!
John Z-hills Very Happy

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Thanks for the Bastardi update WD!  I hope he is right, I am not ready for the  Florida hell that we call summer.

Last edited by sangria on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:48 pm

severstorm wrote:

Your blog post is interesting to say the least. Winter coming back I read 2 places one was accu weather and the farmers alm. I will put my money there, I don't trust Climate predictions center. To general of a forecast for me. The other 2 break it down by smaller areas. JMO!!
John Z-hills  Very Happy

I hope you're right, John. We've got too many 80's strung together, too early in the season, for me. Nights in the mid-60's. We need some more rain before transitioning into summer as well. Brush fire yesterday, somewhere NE of me, and the winds were up. Thick pine/oak smoke around for a bit last night.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm not looking for another freeze though. Trimming season starts tomorrow for me. And I'm finally getting my screens replaced in a couple of weeks. Just in time for bug season.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 pm

severstorm wrote:

John Z-hills  Very Happy

Trust me, I am no fan of the CPC. Their short range, mid range and longer range forecasts are often in complete contrast of one another. Also, I am no sure they do any verification of their forecasts. I am sure if they did their bust rate would be extremely high. Currently they are soliciting the public for reviews of the products they put out. I just might have to go to their web site and give them my .02 cents. Very Happy

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:36 pm

JRnOldsmar wrote:

I hope you're right, John.  We've got too many 80's strung together, too early in the season, for me.  Nights in the mid-60's.  We need some more rain before transitioning into summer as well.  Brush fire yesterday, somewhere NE of me, and the winds were up.  Thick pine/oak smoke around for a bit last night.

Hey JR that fire was a controlled burn on the Citrus/Hernando county line. I couldn't beleive how far south the smoke was pushed. I thought there was a fire close to me when I went outside yesterday afternoon.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Good afternoon! My money is on good ole JB. I enjoy hearing him.
I would love to have it cool off until March.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:58 am

sangria wrote:
JRnOldsmar wrote:

I hope you're right, John.  We've got too many 80's strung together, too early in the season, for me.  Nights in the mid-60's.  We need some more rain before transitioning into summer as well.  Brush fire yesterday, somewhere NE of me, and the winds were up.  Thick pine/oak smoke around for a bit last night.

Hey JR that fire was a controlled burn on the Citrus/Hernando county line.  I couldn't beleive how far south the smoke was pushed.  I thought there was a fire close to me when I went outside yesterday afternoon.
hi San...yes..we smelled the smoke even down by my area whew..
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 am

Good Saturday Morning folks!!..nice outside this early morning,my dogs chasing the rabbits lol..nice outside,mid 60's...just read the NWS discussions..seems we might even break a few high temps records this coming week,not good we get used to the higher temps then the Cold comes back...more sickness and news is saying this bad Flu is still around..whew..stay healthy and safe out there..have a great day folks!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:57 am

Morning. Had a roque brief shower yesterday afternoon leaving .05" in the gauge.

Personally I will be enjoying the temps the next week. 75-80 during the day with lows near 60. Perfect weather to open up the slider early to cool the inside down to 70 before it peaks at 75-76 late afternoon. No AC/heat to run either which is always welcomed. I keep the thermo set at 77 during summer when the AC cranks non-stop.

Been a good winter here. I would guesstimate 20 nights sub 40 with 5-6 sub 30. Rains have also been much better. After Matthew in October 2016 it was extremely dry. Took until around Memorial Day last year before things moistened up.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 am

Regarding the cold, I'm just going on gut instinct here, but think freezes are done.  Birds are singing each morning and the maples are sprouting their little helicopter seed pod dealies before they begin leafing out.  It's that time of year when temps begin their annual pilgrimage upward.  Will we see sub 40 morning lows again this winter?  Time will tell.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 am

JR - you and I are on the same schedule.  I've been slowly trimming back some shrubbery.  Have a few more to go.  Then on to pressure washing the house and concrete surfaces (shameless plug here - get the EZ clean attachment for concrete. Doesn't clean as deeply if just using the wand but does well enough and much quicker. Sorta like vacuuming the carpet).  Also need to have a couple screen panels replaced post-Irma in addition to calling someone to trim my palms.  They need a heavy duty pruning and are too tall for me to get to.  Had a guy trim 7 palms of mine a year ago for $200 and he hauled off all the debris.  There was lots of it!
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:18 am

StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 am

well I doubt any record high temps will be broken for my city......................
85°36°
(1932)(1971)
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:22 am

LargoFL wrote:well I doubt any record high temps will be broken for my city......................

really depends on if you get the sea breeze. I think inland theres a great chance to break 85 outside. On Thursday had a heat index of 86.3
John Z-hills

85°36°
(1932)(1971)

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:57 am

any thoughts on off-shore oil drilling off the coasts of Florida?...I used to love fishing and I know what happens in an oil spill disaster...my vote goes to NO oil drilling.............how about you?
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks for the EZ Clean suggestion. How much time does it save would you guess?

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:52 am

good Sunday Morning folks.looks like the panhandle area's got some Tornado warnings a few hours ago along with some severe thunderstorms etc...nothing here by me but local met is saying possible showers later this afternoon/evening...well have a great day everyone!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:04 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Thanks for the EZ Clean suggestion. How much time does it save would you guess?

My attachment is 15" and my pressure washer is 2600 PSI. Using my driveway as an example it would normally take at a minimum 2 hours using the wand. With the EZ clean it takes no more than 45 minutes.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:12 am

Good morning. Some strong storms out in the panhandle for sure Largo. SPC has parts of the area under a slight risk for the next hour or so then a marginal risk after. Here's a static radar loop.

CLOSED   1-6 Florida/Alabama Blog - January Thaw! - Page 10 NYeAqC1
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:20 am

Since it's early in the morning I'll throw up a new blog really quick since this one is 5 weeks old.

https://weatherchatroom.forumotion.com/t188-2-11-18-florida-alabama-blog-has-spring-sprung#12919
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:16 am

Alrighty.... closing this blog since Aug opened a new one  Very Happy

New link

https://weatherchatroom.forumotion.com/t188-2-11-18-florida-alabama-blog-has-spring-sprung#12919
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10