Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hurricane Season 2020
CLOSED April Showers  EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 9:09 am by BillsfaninSoFla

» summer 2019 hurricane season
CLOSED April Showers  EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am by StAugustineFL

» April-May Florida weather and local events etc
CLOSED April Showers  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am by StPeteFLwx

» NASCAR 2019
CLOSED April Showers  EmptyWed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm by StAugustineFL

» Late January through February outlook
CLOSED April Showers  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 pm by LargoFL

» FLORIDA/ALABAMA AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON WEATHER
CLOSED April Showers  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm by LargoFL

» NASCAR 2018
CLOSED April Showers  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm by StAugustineFL

» CLOSED Florida/Alabama Blog - October Tropical Mischief
CLOSED April Showers  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by LargoFL

Florida Blog
Southeast Radar Loop
Kamala Severe Warnings
Photobucket
Warnings
WPC 5 Day Precip
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

chat  florida  blog  

CLOSED April Showers

+6
StPeteFLwx
waterdipper
sangria
StAugustineFL
severstorm
JRnOldsmar
10 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

CLOSED April Showers  Empty CLOSED April Showers

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:15 am

I guess folks want a new Blog, for myself, April means the beginning of my planting and gardening etc,alot to do this month for some reason, how about you folks??
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

CLOSED April Showers  Empty Re: CLOSED April Showers

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:22 am

ive been in Florida since the mid 80's, and i find it so strange with this last storm front..how some area's got 4-5-6 inches or more of rain,some got 60+mph winds etc, and in my immediate area,i was lucky if I got an inch of rain met's say..how was it in your immediate area?..i just drove down to Clearwater beach to look around, and there are alot..of curbside puddles etc..but there's alot of folks walking around and traffic was kinda heavy down there too.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 am

Hi Largo, thanks for the new blog.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 am

LargoFL wrote:I guess folks want a new Blog, for myself, April means the beginning of my planting and gardening etc,alot to do this month for some reason, how about you folks??

Nothing special here Largo. But I'm not a gardener like most of you. April means the last gasp of nice weather before summer sets in Smile

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 am

I just saw on Mike's weather page that it could be in the 40's for you all and even the 50's in South Florida on Tuesday. If that verifies, that's crazy.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:
LargoFL wrote:I guess folks want a new Blog, for myself, April means the beginning of my planting and gardening etc,alot to do this month for some reason, how about you folks??

Nothing special here Largo.   But I'm not a gardener like most of you.  April means the last gasp of nice weather before summer sets in Smile
hiya, yeah the steamy HOT humid months are fast approaching huh,have to enjoy these last few weeks of nice temps before summer arrives. i was browsing some of the hurricane season sites and some are saying this coming season could,have More hurricanes,we'll have to wait it out and see what happens and if they are right, i dont understand these el-nino and la nina things at all lol
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:38 am

say Billsfan, was there any damage from those tornado's in your area yesterday? real glad your ok!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by JRnOldsmar Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:I just saw on Mike's weather page that it could be in the 40's for you all and even the 50's in South Florida on Tuesday.  If that verifies, that's crazy.

Agreed, BillsFan. 50's in SoFla in mid-April. We'll take what we can get. I think this is one of the best winter/springs we've had in a very long time. Even the warm Feb set off my jasmine, and its been blooming through all of this cooler weather. Last I looked, the gardenias should be blooming soon as well. I've got that right beside my front door/porch.
JRnOldsmar
JRnOldsmar

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 am

LargoFL wrote:say Billsfan, was there any damage from those tornado's in your area yesterday? real glad your ok!!

Thanks JR... all is good here. I heard a few downed trees around, but nothing much.
Honestly, that weather yesterday completely caught me off guard. I even ignored the first warning I got on my phone for our area. (won't do that again!) Driving home from Publix I was looking at the sky and thought, holy s*%t, it looks like tornado weather out here. Got inside my house and got the tornado warning on my phone, that a tornado was within miles. It's been so long since we've had bad weather that I'd gotten complacent I guess.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 am

LargoFL wrote:
BillsfaninSoFla wrote:

Nothing special here Largo.   But I'm not a gardener like most of you.  April means the last gasp of nice weather before summer sets in Smile
hiya, yeah the steamy HOT humid months are fast approaching huh,have to enjoy these last few weeks of nice temps before summer arrives. i was browsing some of the hurricane season sites and some are saying this coming season could,have More hurricanes,we'll have to wait it out and see what happens and if they are right, i dont understand these el-nino and la nina things at all lol

I've been reading the same thing everywhere, busier than normal season, with multiple strikes on the CONUS. El-Nino isn't there more shear down in the Caribbean which knocks the tops of the storms inhibiting formation? Neutral and La Nina encourage formation somehow, I forgot. I'm sure others on here can explain wayyyy better than that. lol

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 am

I just learned something new about Gardening here in Florida...the UF..University of Florida has a page on growing Apples here..seems there are 3 kinds that grow well here, wish i had read that 20-30 years or so ago.,i'd have planted some
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 am

CLOSED April Showers  3b8d1792df93313cb69ab071a7c444a567454bf0020c5c2c16534371ad267cd1
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 am

it seems maybe we should stay alert this coming sunday/monday for this next front coming
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by severstorm Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:47 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:
LargoFL wrote:
BillsfaninSoFla wrote:

I've been reading the same thing everywhere, busier than normal season, with multiple strikes on the CONUS.   El-Nino isn't there more shear down in the Caribbean which knocks the tops of the storms inhibiting formation?  Neutral and La Nina encourage formation somehow, I forgot.   I'm sure others on here can explain wayyyy better than that.  lol

Billsfan you got it right, Ahhh smarter than you think you are. You explained it perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

John Z-hills

severstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:00 pm

LargoFL wrote:I just learned something new about Gardening here in Florida...the UF..University of Florida has a page on growing Apples here..seems there are 3 kinds that grow well here, wish i had read that 20-30 years or so ago.,i'd have planted some

seems way too hot for apple growing here. What kinds of apples? My favorite are Granny Smith green apples. Yum! When I was pregnant with my oldest (30 years old today!), green apples were one of the few things I could keep down. Peanut butter is another. My son has always hated peanut butter, he'd ask for bologna instead of peanut butter when he was 2-3 years old.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:02 pm

thanks John lol.... I guess I hear people explain it enough that it sunk in Smile

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:45 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:
LargoFL wrote:I just learned something new about Gardening here in Florida...the UF..University of Florida has a page on growing Apples here..seems there are 3 kinds that grow well here, wish i had read that 20-30 years or so ago.,i'd have planted some

seems way too hot for apple growing here.  What kinds of apples?   My favorite are Granny Smith green apples.  Yum!  When I was pregnant with my oldest (30 years old today!), green apples were one of the few things I could keep down.  Peanut butter is another.   My son has always hated peanut butter, he'd ask for bologna instead of peanut butter when he was 2-3 years old.
lets see if i can post this link.....growing apples in Florida
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:15 pm

billsfan......go to davesgarden.com and look up apples in florida ok...he has some good info on them, which grow good and any problems they experience ...he seems to really enjoy the ANNA variety
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 pm

well here by me its 72 degree's with 44 humidity and a nice breeze..wow what a real nice day it is here!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Clearwater beach has an awesome "Sand Sculpture" festival" april 13th to 22nd..just saw some pics on the news..wow amazing and..beautiful too..its by pier 60..think i'll go down there today and check out what they are doing today since its so nice outside
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for the apple info Largo.

The Sand Sculpture sounds pretty neat. People can do amazing things.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:23 pm

we are 81/66% humidity

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Good afternoon. Beautiful day for the most part here. The weather has been great but all the fraudulent "roofing" companies (call me cynical) are running rampant around the neighborhood today going door-to-door hoping to earn a quick buck after the hail storm. Pathetic. My doorbell has rang 4 times from varying companies. I don't answer. So much for a non-solicitation neighborhood. I did, however, call in a claim to my insurance company to have an adjuster check things out.

1.71" of rain yesterday was the official tally.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:21 pm

StAugustineFL wrote:Good afternoon.  Beautiful day for the most part here.  The weather has been great but all the fraudulent "roofing" companies (call me cynical) are running rampant around the neighborhood today going door-to-door hoping to earn a quick buck after the hail storm.  Pathetic.  My doorbell has rang 4 times from varying companies. I don't answer.   So much for a non-solicitation neighborhood.  I did, however, call in a claim to my insurance company to have an adjuster check things out.

1.71" of rain yesterday was the official tally.
ok hope not too much damage Aug,good luck ok
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Afternoon all!

Thanks for the new blog Largo, glad to have you back to keep us on our toes. Very Happy

Bills, there are some "low chill" variety apples here in Florida but like you, I prefer Granny Smith.

Bring on the low temps again! I can't get enough of them around here. Feb just pissed me off with the mid 80 degree weather...lol

It's been beautiful here today! I finally got a decent soaking yesterday and woke up around midnight to another good downpour. 1.98" in the bucket.
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:23 pm

rain chances going up a little for sunday and now a small chance for saturday probably later in the day there..........CLOSED April Showers  Lg_7day
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:26 pm

sangria wrote:Afternoon all!

Thanks for the new blog Largo, glad to have you back to keep us on our toes.  Very Happy

Bills, there are some "low chill" variety apples here in Florida but like you, I prefer Granny Smith.

Bring on the low temps again!  I can't get enough of them around here.  Feb just pissed me off with the mid 80 degree weather...lol

It's been beautiful here today!  I finally got a decent soaking yesterday and woke up around midnight to another good downpour.  1.98" in the bucket.
ok san guess you can close our last blog huh,yes really beautiful all day today,wish it would stick around but we all know it wont happen.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:28 pm

well we went down to clearwater beach but the heavy traffic turned us off and we went back home, still plenty of out of towner's and out of state folks here this year,i guess its good news for business huh,
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:32 pm

local met has my city at .o94 rain yesterday, i KNOW they were not in MY local area lol, man i might have gotten That in the first heavy deluge, seminole city got 2 1/inches one recording site said yesterday, im only a mile or two northward and, that first batch hit Me first then seminole..oh well im fine with whatever fell..i really needed that rain, now lets see what comes this weekend.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Keep an eye to the sky Sunday folks. Jax is being quite bullish considering we're 4 days away.

Warmer and breezy SW winds early Sun morning with increasing rain
chances west to east Sun afternoon and evening with a robust and
potentially severe pre-frontal squall line of thunderstorms moving
across the forecast area as a deep layer long wave trough begins
lift NE across the central GOMEX Sun morning, positioning the
local area in the RRQ of a strong upper level coupled jet.
GFS40/ECMWF in very good agreement with precip moving across SE GA
and Suwannee River Valley during the afternoon, the offshore of
the Atlantic coast Sun evening generally by midnight. Combination
of potential severe weather concerns will include damaging winds,
large hail and tornadoes given strong shear, 50-60 kt 850 mb winds
and surface dew points near 70 across NE FL and parts of SE GA
Sun afternoon and evening raising surface based instability.

Rainfall presses rapidly ESE Sun evening, with the slower ECMWF
clearing the area by 06Z Monday
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Last thing your area needs right now Aug!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:55 am

StAugustineFL wrote:Keep an eye to the sky Sunday folks.  Jax is being quite bullish considering we're 4 days away.

Warmer and breezy SW winds early Sun morning with increasing rain
chances west to east Sun afternoon and evening with a robust and
potentially severe pre-frontal squall line of thunderstorms moving
across the forecast area as a deep layer long wave trough begins
lift NE across the central GOMEX Sun morning, positioning the
local area in the RRQ of a strong upper level coupled jet.
GFS40/ECMWF in very good agreement with precip moving across SE GA
and Suwannee River Valley during the afternoon, the offshore of
the Atlantic coast Sun evening generally by midnight. Combination
of potential severe weather concerns will include damaging winds,
large hail and tornadoes given strong shear, 50-60 kt 850 mb winds
and surface dew points near 70 across NE FL and parts of SE GA
Sun afternoon and evening raising surface based instability.

Rainfall presses rapidly ESE Sun evening, with the slower ECMWF
clearing the area by 06Z Monday
gee this could be stronger than our last storm front..stay safe up there Aug
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:55 am

NWS MIAMI......
This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Rip currents: There is a moderate risk of rip currents on Atlantic
beaches.

Wind: East wind of around 20 knots is expected on Atlantic waters
through this evening. A Small Craft Advisory is in effect.

Waves: Seas of 6 to 8 feet are expected in the Gulf Stream through
this evening. A Small Craft Advisory is in effect.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY

There will likely be a high risk of rip currents on Atlantic beaches
Friday and Saturday. An elevated risk of rip currents may exist on
all South Florida beaches Sunday and Monday.

There is a slight chance of thunderstorms Friday night through
Saturday, with a primary threat of cloud to ground lightning.
Thunderstorms are likely on Sunday, and some of these thunderstorms
may become strong or even severe with gusty or damaging winds and
frequent cloud to ground lightning.

Hazardous waves and winds are possible on South Florida waters
Saturday night through Monday.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed.

For more information...visit the National Weather Service in
Miami website at www.weather.gov/miami.

$$
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 am

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
355 AM EDT Thu Apr 12 2018

.SHORT TERM...
Surface high pressure will continue to develop north of
Florida today, gradually shifting east into the western
Atlantic tonight and Friday. With this surface ridge and
zonal flow aloft, dry conditions will continue today, with
temperatures warming up slightly from what was felt
yesterday, generally running near normal. However, humidity
will remain fairly low in the wake of the recent cold front,
making for pleasant weather across the area. The easterly
gradient winds will be light enough to allow a weak sea
breeze to develop near the coast during the afternoon.

As the surface ridge shifts east on Friday, the low level
flow over Florida and the eastern Gulf of Mexico will turn
to southeasterly, allowing moisture to begin to creep back
into the region. Temperatures and dew points will both
increase a few degrees, resulting in a warm and slightly
humid air mass. With the increase in moisture, a few
isolated showers cannot be ruled out Friday afternoon,
mainly over the interior.

.MID-LONG TERM (Friday Night - Thursday)...
Models continue in very good agreement with upper ridging in
the W Atlantic and large upper low over the Plains states.
Both features to move eastward Saturday while surface high
pressure in the region brings moderating southerly low level
flow over FL with warm and humid conditions through
Saturday.

Significant weather system to impact the area Sunday as
deepening upper trough swings through the Deep South with
jet stream speed max pushing series of potent embedded vort
maxes ahead of surface front. Expect pre frontal line of
convection to move through the E Gulf and ashore West
Central and SW FL with widespread showers and thunderstorms
some possibly may be strong. Will continue to coordinate
with SPC and severe potential. Minor adjustments to model
timing and placement of features may affect strength of this
system, so will monitor situation. Cold front passage to
bring end to rain chances north to south through the
afternoon/evening.

Early next week, dry NW upper flow on backside of trough to
push late season Canadian high pressure into the region
for well below normal temps and low RH.

Mid week weak upper ridging to build with temps warming and
moisture moderating.

&&
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 am

Good Thursday Morning folks!! well in looking at all the NWS discussions this morning, Sunday may be a Stormy day for most or.. all of us depending how this plays out,but for today, looks like another nice day with about normal temps they say....well Blogs Coffee is perking for when you get here..enjoy Have a great day everyone!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdipper Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:45 am

Thanks for the new blog topic Largo. In April, I look forward to spring turkey season, birthdays (there are several April birthdays in my family), baseball, and good boating weather.

The weather here yesterday was phenomenal and today looks like much the same. It was down to 47 early this AM, but the April sun has already warmed it to 54. Looks like the rest of the week we will be on a warming trend until the front comes through behind it then it appears we might be getting our "last hurrah for April" with the passage of a strong cold front. The current forecast for next Monday here is a high of 68 and a low of 44. Pretty nice for mid April.

waterdipper

Location : Somewhere between Cedar Key, Chiefland and Gainesville

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am

waterdipper wrote:Thanks for the new blog topic Largo. In April, I look forward to spring turkey season, birthdays (there are several April birthdays in my family), baseball, and good boating weather.

The weather here yesterday was phenomenal and today looks like much the same. It was down to 47 early this AM, but the April sun has already warmed it to 54. Looks like the rest of the week we will be on a warming trend until the front comes through behind it then it appears we might be getting our "last hurrah for April" with the passage of a strong cold front. The current forecast for next Monday here is a high of 68 and a low of 44. Pretty nice for mid April.
Good Morning WD!!..yes for a few days we get some Nice weather for sure..now my local TV Met just said there is the possibility Sunday for some very heavy rains..but for myself I think its a bit early yet to know just how heavy rains can be huh...things can change over time...well it looks like you have alot going on WD,have fun boating!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 am

Good morning all! I will be watching to see what pans out over the weekend, especially Sunday I guess.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 am

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:Good morning all!   I will be watching to see what pans out over the weekend, especially Sunday I guess.
good morning BILLSFAN!!!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

well lawn all mowed and edged and did my neighbors lawn too since he's been hurt for a long time now..now i can rest.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:28 pm

LargoFL wrote:well lawn all mowed and edged and did my neighbors lawn too since he's been hurt for a long time now..now i can rest.

You're a good neighbor Largo!

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by StPeteFLwx Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:25 pm

BillsfaninSoFla wrote:I just saw on Mike's weather page that it could be in the 40's for you all and even the 50's in South Florida on Tuesday.  If that verifies, that's crazy.

I notice on Mike's page that he lives in Oldsmar.  Wonder if he would be interested in joining this blog.

Here is the March summary from the Florida Climate Center.  Cool and dry.
Climate Summary for Florida - March 2018

StPeteFLwx

Back to top Go down

Post by sangria Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Mon and Tue woot
sangria
sangria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Folks STAY ALERT SUNDAY...NWS TAMPA.......(clipped from 2:56 discussion)................. A multi-day severe weather
event appears likely, as a strong cold front surges
southeastward from the Southern Plains to the Florida Gulf
Coast. Ahead of this front, building moisture and instability
combined with strong upper level winds will bring the
potential for numerous strong to severe storms. At this
time, the most likely time for strong/severe storms across
west central and southwest Florida appears to be Sunday.
Storms will likely develop over the warm Gulf waters,
congealing into one or more complexes as they march
eastward. With a strong low level jet in place, damaging
winds appear to be the most likely severe threat with any
stronger storms, though a tornado threat will also exist.
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:57 pm

well it sure was a nice day today, i guess tomorrow the temps go up a lil but still close somewhat to normal,lets see what they say about this cold front coming,it may turn out to be a bad one...well Good night from my end folks,stay safe out there!
LargoFL
LargoFL

Back to top Go down

Post by StAugustineFL Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Whew, been stuck with an escalation all day. I'm whipped. Anyone keep tabs on weather in other areas of the country? Looks like a big severe day shaping up for tomorrow in the midwest down to the south central states. I suspect the chasers will be lining up tomorrow. Looking forward that'll be our Sunday culprit.
StAugustineFL
StAugustineFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BillsfaninSoFla Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:49 pm

What's an escalation Aug?
And yes, should be interesting weather wise . And a snowstorm in the upper Midwest.

BillsfaninSoFla

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyToes Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Looks like FL will get wet Sunday, and keeps the fire hazard at bay. The last storm turned the grass so green; the winter sheen is finally gone. And good riddance! Lost all of the hibiscus and a mango (very sad) due to cold temps.
PuppyToes
PuppyToes

Back to top Go down

Post by LargoFL Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:22 am

Hazardous Weather Outlook for South Florida
National Weather Service Miami FL
356 AM EDT Fri Apr 13 2018

AMZ610-630-650-651-670-671-FLZ063-066>075-168-172>174-GMZ656-657-676-
132000-
Lake Okeechobee-Biscayne Bay-
Coastal waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL out 20 NM-
Coastal waters from Deerfield Beach to Ocean Reef FL out 20 NM-
Waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM-
Waters from Deerfield Beach to Ocean Reef FL from 20 to 60 NM
excluding the territorial waters of Bahamas-Glades-Hendry-
Inland Palm Beach-Metro Palm Beach-Coastal Collier-Inland Collier-
Inland Broward-Metro Broward-Inland Miami-Dade-Metro Miami-Dade-
Mainland Monroe-Coastal Palm Beach-Coastal Broward-Coastal Miami-
Dade-Far South Miami-Dade-
Coastal waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL out 20 NM-
Coastal waters from East Cape Sable to Chokoloskee FL out 20 NM-
Waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM-
356 AM EDT Fri Apr 13 2018

...HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ATLANTIC BEACHES TODAY...
...MARGINAL RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...

This hazardous weather outlook is for South Florida.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

Rip currents: There is a high risk of rip currents on Atlantic
beaches today.

Wind: Winds around 20 knots are possible on Atlantic waters tonight.
A Small Craft Advisory may be necessary.

Waves: Seas of 6 to 7 feet are possible early today over Gulf Stream
waters off Palm Beach County. Boaters should use caution.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

A moderate to high risk of rip currents is expected to continue on
Atlantic beaches through Monday. An enhanced risk of rip currents is
also likely on Gulf beaches Monday and Tuesday.

There is a marginal risk of severe thunderstorms Sunday afternoon and
night across South Florida. Thunderstorms are likely and some may be
strong to severe, with frequent cloud to ground lightning and
damaging winds the primary threats. Hail and isolated tornadoes are
also possible. There is a slight chance of thunderstorms Saturday
night along the Gulf coast and adjacent waters with a primary threat
of cloud to ground lightning.

Gusty southerly winds ahead of a cold front Sunday and Sunday night
may be hazardous to boaters.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed.

For more information...visit the National Weather Service in